Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series

England travel to NZ to play 2 Twenty20 matches and 5 ODI's. The 1st Twenty20 match begins at 6am on Tuesday morning. February 2008

Tue 5 icon_dn.gif 19:00 local, 06:00 GMT 1st T20I - New Zealand v England Eden Park, Auckland
Thu 7 icon_dn.gif 19:00 local, 06:00 GMT 2nd T20I - New Zealand v England Jade Stadium, Christchurch
Sat 9 icon_dn.gif 14:00 local, 01:00 GMT 1st ODI - New Zealand v England Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Tue 12 icon_dn.gif 14:00 local, 01:00 GMT 2nd ODI - New Zealand v England Seddon Park, Hamilton
Fri 15 icon_dn.gif 14:00 local, 01:00 GMT 3rd ODI - New Zealand v England Eden Park, Auckland
Wed 20 11:00 local, 22:00 GMT 4th ODI - New Zealand v England McLean Park, Napier
Sat 23 icon_dn.gif 14:00 local, 01:00 GMT 5th ODI - New Zealand v England Jade Stadium, Christchurch
ODI Series odds
SortAvBOn.gifSortFavOff.gif
v15.gifv6004.gifv6074.gifv6139.gifv6143.gifv1.gifv2.gifv6183.gifv6160.gifv6002.gifv6018.gifv6168.gifv502.gifv401.gif
chart_off.gifNew Zealand1.832.11.81.852.11.91.721.851.831.92.13.751.833.6
chart_off.gifDraw 4.5 2.18
chart_off.gifEngland1.831.661.91.851.661.921.951.831.81.661.611.832.52

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series 1st Twenty20 match then. Eden Park is the venue. NZ's record here is 1-1-1.

v15.gifv6004.gifv6140.gifv6074.gifv6139.gifv6143.gifv1.gifv6133.gifv6171.gifv6006.gifv6073.gifv2.gifv6183.gifv3.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv6001.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gifv6138.gif
chart_off.gifNew Zealand1.8322.061.831.8521.921.951.721.851.8321.831.83221.9222.082.122.08
chart_off.gifEngland1.831.721.791.831.851.721.91.81.8521.851.831.811.831.831.831.721.91.721.721.811.871.84
Just the 1 for me. 10pts England to win 1st Twenty20 10/11 Blue Square England head to New Zealand in confident mood after bashing Sri Lanka up in the ODI series over there last time out. Now they face a Kiwi side struggling with injuries, retirements and political wranglings. Stephen Fleming is no longer a fixture in the one day scene. Daniel Vettori normally skippers the home side but he's out with an ankle injury. Brendan McCullum will take the reins here. Shane Bond is also missing as he's taking part in the Indian Cricket League. England are at full strength and they've already won two 50 over warm up matches on this tour and won them impressively. Jimmy Anderson has been in good form so far on the tour and Alistair Cook's runs looks to have earnt him the openers birth. Luke Wright smashed 42 off 15 balls in the 1st of those games so he could be shoved up the order. All eyes will be on Kevin Pietersen who has been out of touch recently by his high standards. Strangely for a Twenty20 match it could be the bowling attacks which settle this match. Scores have been low here with the last 2 sides batting 1st in 20 over matches have made only 126/7 and 115 all out. The ball definitely swings here inside the built up stands and with Sidebottom and Anderson in their ranks that has to favour England. England are confident, they are at full strength and look the stronger side and I think they'll open up the international tour with a win.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Morning anybody who may be up this hour watching the cricket! In case you don't know yet England made 185 for 8 from their 20 overs. I really don't know what to make of that score will it be enough? Highligh of England's figures was the 16th over where Mascarenhas hit 4 consecutive sixes off Patel which has really pulled England out of the sh*t! Anyhows I think it should be enough as New Zealand do look a little toothless...

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Nice one Kev :clap

1st Twenty20 match then. Eden Park is the venue. NZ's record here is 1-1-1.
v15.gifv6004.gifv6140.gifv6074.gifv6139.gifv6143.gifv1.gifv6133.gifv6171.gifv6006.gifv6073.gifv2.gifv6183.gifv3.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv6001.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gifv6138.gif
chart_off.gifNew Zealand1.8322.061.831.8521.921.951.721.851.8321.831.83221.9222.082.122.08
chart_off.gifEngland1.831.721.791.831.851.721.91.81.8521.851.831.811.831.831.831.721.91.721.721.811.871.84
Just the 1 for me. 10pts England to win 1st Twenty20 10/11 Blue Square England head to New Zealand in confident mood after bashing Sri Lanka up in the ODI series over there last time out. Now they face a Kiwi side struggling with injuries, retirements and political wranglings. Stephen Fleming is no longer a fixture in the one day scene. Daniel Vettori normally skippers the home side but he's out with an ankle injury. Brendan McCullum will take the reins here. Shane Bond is also missing as he's taking part in the Indian Cricket League. England are at full strength and they've already won two 50 over warm up matches on this tour and won them impressively. Jimmy Anderson has been in good form so far on the tour and Alistair Cook's runs looks to have earnt him the openers birth. Luke Wright smashed 42 off 15 balls in the 1st of those games so he could be shoved up the order. All eyes will be on Kevin Pietersen who has been out of touch recently by his high standards. Strangely for a Twenty20 match it could be the bowling attacks which settle this match. Scores have been low here with the last 2 sides batting 1st in 20 over matches have made only 126/7 and 115 all out. The ball definitely swings here inside the built up stands and with Sidebottom and Anderson in their ranks that has to favour England. England are confident, they are at full strength and look the stronger side and I think they'll open up the international tour with a win.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series

Nice one Kev :clap
Cheers mate. Nice to start the series off with a winner. If I was on NZ I'd seriously be wondering why McCullum chose to bowl 1st :eek. Awful decision really and his day didn't get much better :lol. 2nd Twenty20 comes from Jade Stadium in Christchurch on Thursday morning.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Yeah nice tip. Can't really see the next 20/20 being much different. New zealand rely totally on a few batsmen while England get good contributions right down the order. 1.70 looks not a bad price to me. Jade stadium is typically a better batting strip than Auckland

Yeah nice tip. Can't really see the next 20/20 being much different. New zealand rely totally on a few batsmen while England get good contributions right down the order. 1.70 looks not a bad price to me. Jade stadium is typically a better batting strip than Auckland
:welcome to PL mate. Now that Oram is out I agree with you. Odds have fallen though but the handicap looks ok. This is the 1st Twenty20 at Christchurch. Usually a high scoring ground though so the batsmen will be the ones who win this. No Oram is crucial.
v15.gif v6004.gif v6112.gif v6140.gif v6143.gif v1.gif v6133.gif v6171.gif v6006.gif v6073.gif v2.gif v3.gif v6160.gif v6002.gif v10.gif v6018.gif v502.gif v6001.gif v4.gif v6005.gif v401.gif v6138.gif
chart_off.gifEngland 1.571.531.551.591.531.531.531.531.571.61.571.571.551.571.551.531.51.51.571.61.611.56
chart_off.gifNew Zealand 2.252.372.252.522.372.372.52.52.252.22.252.252.32.252.52.372.52.52.252.612.62.58
3 for me this time. 10pts England -2.5wickets/20.5runs 5/6 Sportingbet This is the 2nd Twenty20 international of the series with England winning the 1st one very comfortably indeed in the end despite perhaps not performing as well as they would have hoped with the bat. They bowled very well though and in the end ran out easy winners. England could make a couple of changes with James Tredwell and Alastair Cook possibly replacing Graeme Swann and Luke Wright but on the whole there won't be much difference to the England side. New Zealand haven't been helped by the loss of Jacob Oram. That's massive as he is their best batsman and a lot of the time their most economical bowler too. The guy who replaces him, Daniel Flynn has just belted 149 for his state side in a one day game but this is a different kettle of fish altogether. Only 3 men made double figures with the bat on Tuesday and Oram was one of those. They did bowl well though and the bowlers will be hoping that if McCullum wins the toss here that he'll choose to bat this time. This is a day night match which makes taking a handicap a bit dodgy but England are head and shoulders above their opponents at the minute. The boundaries here are short. Very short in some cases and that plays into the likes of Wright, Mustard, Pietersen and Dimi's hands and with everything considered I'll take England to cover this handicap. 10pts Over 9.5 Sixes 8/11 Boylesports Jade Stadium is another multi-purpose ground and it's another which has short boundaries. Very short in some cases and this line just looks too big. ODI's here tend to produce high scoring matches with plenty of maximums and with the boundaries coming in to fit in all the mod-coms of Twenty20 there should be loads here too. When New Zealand beat Australia in an ODI here in 2006 they chased down 332 and there was 21 6s in the match. Even though New Zealand are depleted, the likes of Ryder, McCullum, Styris, Taylor and Fulton can all go big and with England having lots of 6 hitters in their ranks too I can't see how this line can be enough. 2pts ew K.Mills Top New Zealand Batsman 33/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Kyle Mills can bat. He showed that in South Africa with a couple of decent innings in the series out there. He hit 33 in the Twenty20 match with South Africa which was the top score. His 11 against England on Tuesday was enough for 3rd place. He's a big hitter who is more than capable of clearing the ropes here as he showed with his 6 on Tuesday. With Oram out there's one less guy to beat and with this New Zealand batting lineup looking low in confidence there's every chance they could collapse, especially if they bat under lights and Mills is value to make the places again.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series 2 outrights for me in the ODI series. 4pts R.Sidebottom Top England Bowler 5/2 Skybet Ryan Sidebottom is rapidly becoming England's best bowler in all forms of the game and the conditions out here should suit him perfectly. He swings the ball and almost every ground this series goes to will allow for swing. He's such a clever bowler though too, always thinking about what he's doing and being miserly as he is it forces the batsmen to take a risk against him which gives him his wickets. He bowls a solid line and length, varies his pace when necessary and bowls at the start and the end of the innings. All that put together should see him as England's top wicket taker. 3pts J.How Top New Zealand Batsman 5/1 Bet365 In New Zealand's ODI tour of South Africa, Jamie How came out as the Kiwi's top scorer. He bats at 3 in this ODI lineup and he's the glue which the other more expansive batsmen play around. He's more of a nudger and a nurdler with a very solid technique and has already shown he can cope with the England attack by top scoring in the 2nd Twenty20 match. Jacob Oram may well turn out to be the main danger but he could miss a couple of the matches. Scott Styis and Ross Taylor are good players but with the role How plays in the side he could be at the crease longer than the rest and I think he'll be the Kiwi's top batsman over the series.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series 1st ODI is in Wellington tonight at 1am. I'm late for a meeting so no huge explanations but I'm going with 3 bets. 10pts New Zealand to win 1st ODI 13/8 Boylesports England much improved ODI side under Collingwood but New Zealand aren't as bad as their Twenty20 performances suggested. Oram is back tonight and Vettori could also play which boosts NZ massively. It's a day night match so again batting 2nd won't be easy. Westpac is usually a high scoring ground especially on good pitches and I'm not totally convinced our batting lineup is that sound and I see NZ as value particularly if they bat 1st. 10pts Over 6.5 6s 4/5 Boylesports As I said above Westpac stadium is a pretty small ground given it's a Rugby ground primarily. Oram back for NZ to go with all our hitters. Think this will go over 7 maximums. 5pts ew O.Shah Top England Batsman 7/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Shah played brilliantly in the Twenty20 on Thursday and will be keen to build on that given there's a space in the test side up for grabs. Ian Bell and KP have looked in indifferent form and England still don't know how to build a one day innings yet which means Shah should get enough overs at the crease to top score.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series 2nd One day New Zealand v England Top England Batsman Dimitri Mascarenhas @26.00 William Hill This seems like an enormous price considering Mascarenhas did really well in the 20/20 games. However he was dropped for the 1st one day which to be honest England really missed him as he has been on top form! I suppose this price is based on a will he or won't play basis however I'm sure if he doesn't play it's treated like an non-runner anyhows! I really can't see England making the same mistake in dropping him! :hope

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series I agree mate but with him batting at 7 or 8 I'm taking him each way. 3 for me. 10pts New Zealand to win 2nd ODI 11/8 Boylesports New Zealand look a big price to follow up their win in the 1st ODI here as the ODI series rolls into Seddon Park, Hamilton. This has the makings of a high scoring match as once again the boundaries are short. Last year New Zealand miraculously chased down 347 under lights against Australia despite being 41/4 at one stage. And that was done without Oram. That win will have given the Kiwi's huge confidence coming into this game, as would the way they bounced back from the Twenty20's to completely dominate the opening one dayer. They look like they'll drop Jeetan Patel here and stick in an extra seamer. England don't seem to be able to make their mind up about their side. Skipper Paul Collingwood is happy to go unchanged but Peter Moores has hinted there will be changes. Dimitri Mascarenhas was incredibly unlucky to be dropped for the 1st ODI and he could be recalled in place of Ravi Bopara. The lights don't seem to change the conditions too much based on NZ's run chase last year but again as with the 1st game I'm not convinced England's batting lineup can score a high total. The Kiwi's know how to make big totals here and I think their batsman will put them 2-0 up here. 10pts J.Oram's Performance Pts 42&Over 8/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Jacob Oram is a quality all rounder. He's a tight bowler who's seamers put enough pressure on the batsman to force them into mistakes which gift him wickets and then when he bats, he's a quality performer there too. He can play both types of innings, the slow nurdling innings but he's better at the big biff it innings which has made his name. His 7 ODI's vs England has brought him 8 wickets and a batting average of 109 with 3 brutal half centuries. That all suggests that in a match which is expected to be full of runs that he'll play a big enough part to get 42pts. 2pts ew D.Mascarenhas Top England Batsman 20/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Dimitri Mascarenhas has been off his tits with the bat in the international game. Along with Owais Shah, he won England a Twenty20 international against the West Indies last summer and then in 2 ODI's with India he hit a superb 39 ball 50 which included 5 big 6s and then as we all know hit 5 6s in 5 balls off Yuvraj later in the series at The Oval. He then followed that up by hitting 4 massive 6s in the Twenty20 match at Auckland. Although Dimi will bat low down the order, his incredible scoring power and speed could easily propel him into the top 3 with some late innings hitting. If the top order fail though and he needs to play a controlled innings, all Hampshire fans know he can play that innings too and given what he's already done on this tour if he plays 20/1 is huge on Mascarenhas and if he doesn't play we get our cash back.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series 2nd One Day International New Zealand v England Top New Zealand Batsman - K Mills @41.00 William Hill This one is a bit of a speculative bet, but I feel there is some value in this price due to Mills topscoring for New Zealand in the 1st 20/20 match he got 33 which is quite good for somebody down the order! If New Zealand have a bit of a disaster early on he could come in and restore a bit of credability to their score! :hope

2nd One Day International New Zealand v England Top New Zealand Batsman - K Mills @41.00 William Hill This one is a bit of a speculative bet, but I feel there is some value in this price due to Mills topscoring for New Zealand in the 1st 20/20 match he got 33 which is quite good for somebody down the order! If New Zealand have a bit of a disaster early on he could come in and restore a bit of credability to their score! :hope
Good luck mate. I hope he scores 1 more run for you here than he did for me in that Twenty20 match!! He's also 66/1 at Boyles mate and you can go ew there if you wanted :ok

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series did i just read the score right? very embarrasing result for england, any word why mascheranes wasnt in? because yesterday coach came out and admitted he made mistake playing likes of bopara but they played today! doesnt make sense, thought funny they beat us in 17overs wish i planted some serious dollar on the new zealanders mind you two games ago i would done the same on england reckon 3-2 series score to n.zealand maybe value in that

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Another shocking performance by England. 6 run outs in 2 innings is nothing short of pathetic. These shocking performances are good for my betting though as that's twice we've been seriously underpriced. Can't see it being a 3rd time but we can live in hope ;). Oram and Dimi bets were void although it took an argument with the bet365 people to get the Oram bet void but the NZ win gives us a profit for the game of 13.7pts taking me to +62.3 for the series.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series i can see us either winning the next one then the last one with new zealand taking match 4 or most likely scenerio nz go 3-0 take foot of peddle then england claw 2back - funny how many times this happens in cricket

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series We just don't look like scoring enough runs. 2 of the last 3 are on Rugby grounds where 300 could be a minimum requirement. We're struggling to make 200 though. I dare day we'll pick one win up somewhere when they ease off but to win 2, I'm not sure we're consistent enough with the bat.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series i cant honestly understand why the odds on 365 are nz 5/6 england 5/6 i know what i said about england winning a few but i would of wanted above 1/1 really cant believe nz are still 5/6 and must be had at this price i feel my only positive for england is they cant play that bad again surely?

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series 3rd ODI begins at 1am. We're back at Eden Park where the 1st Twenty20 took place. I toyed with a few bets but eventually got it down to 3 which look the safest given that rain is forecast. 10pts New Zealand to win 3rd ODI 10/11 Boylesports

There’s no way these two can be the same price for this match. One is playing good one day cricket and the other is a shambles really at the minute. New Zealand have wiped every bit of confidence England gained from the Twenty20’s and have built a load of their own. People were perhaps a bit guilty of forgetting New Zealand were without their captain in the Twenty20’s and indeed their best player in the 2nd one but both are back now and playing good cricket.

New Zealand’s only injury concern here is over Michael Mason who could be replaced by Iain O’Brien if he is not fit to play. Other than that they are playing good cricket and Vettori will hope that continues. England will make changes. They have to really. Mascarenhas looks likely to come in for Bopara while Tremlett and Wright could also come in with Anderson among those likely to miss out.

New Zealand have completely turned the momentum around at the minute and even a likely England improvement may not be enough to win this match and with that in mind I think NZ will win the series here and now.

10pts Over 1.5 Run Outs 5/6 Boylesports

England have suffered 6 run outs in their two innings in this series so far so the over here looks the obvious call. Now I fully expect England to concentrate and focus more on the running between the wickets but that doesn’t mean they’ll make their ground all the time. New Zealand have some good fielders who can still effect a run out. England have some fielders capable of doing the same though so the run outs won’t definitely be one way traffic but even one each will do us here. Due to the rain, Boyles aren't going each way on their top bats so my top bat bet is from Corals who are. 5pts ew J.Oram Top New Zealand Batsman 9/1 Corals

Jacob Oram is England’s nemesis in ODI cricket. I’ve already explained his record against England in earlier write ups so I won’t do it again. McCullum and Ryder will fail at some point in the series though and with an inconsistent middle order to follow, Oram could take advantage. EdenPark is perfect for him. Short boundaries and a quick outfield. He made 61 here in the Twenty20 match so has recent form under his belt and he’s the ew call here.