Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb 2.35 Sandown The Tother One Nicholls won this last year & knows how to win these handicap hurdles. This looks like another horse that will go places after 3 wins this year. I saw this win in December on heavy ground & it wasnt going to get beat that day off that handicap mark. Has gone up 22lb this season but Nicholls knows how to get improvement from horses & this will be another future star chaser in the coming years. Have selected it in the trends also.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb My bet of the day is : SILVERBURN 3.10 SANDOWN(1.0 WIN)..I fancy this one to get off the mark for the season today.He enjoys a pull at the weights with Hobbs Hill(Fav) who beat Silverburn on the selections seasonal debut.The selection has never won first time out and generally needs a couple of runs to get him race fit.He runs well around Sandown and I reckon he should go very close today...:ok

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb 12.50 doncaster khalhari king lto smooth headway 3 out drew away comftable should follow up 5 times winner over france going should be no prob cl 2 race lto now a cl 4 next stop after this win chelts g.lee on top for murphy i am confident of a win @ 6/4

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb San 3.10 Hobbs Hill 1 pt win Very good start to its chasing career with lots of wins and often against many in this field. Now some in this field that it has beaten before may have improved like Lead On but off level weights I am not sure they have improved past this one and softer conditions I do not think will be a massive problem, flexible in regards to the trip and the one to beat. Lead On now taken out so chance increases further.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb 3.40 San..... BUTLERS CABIN...... 18/1... 0.5 pts e/w Having a e/w bet on this animial today....... had a pipeopener over a shorter trip 2miles 4..... 5 wins and 3 place efforts from 10 starts over the larger obstucles.... interesting jockey booking imo...

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb 340 San: Gungadu 1pt win Gungadu looked to be an exciting prospect for this season but it has to be said so far hasnt delivered the goods, this looks is easiest race this season and back at a more suitable trip, wont mind the ground and the track should suit his style of running. Could see him trouncing this lot if in the mood and at around 3/1 looks decent value.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb 3.10 Sandown Hobbs Hill Win I backed Silverburn the first time these 2 met as he was receiving a 7lb pull at the weights, and he was beaten quite easily(all be it a seasonal debut for Silverburn. They're both off level weights today and the only real danger for me is if the ground is very soft/heavy.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb Lingfield 2:15 Art Man Going for a hat trick. Plenty looking right for Art Man to obtain that feat. The last four runs have been at the course and distance with the two wins being the only runs this year. Owned by Matthew Green. Green has 9 wins from 26 runs at this course with runners aged at least 4 the past 5 seasons. 9f to 10f runners for Green owned runners the past 5 seasons on the all weather has 9 wins from 26. Trainer G L Moore has been one of the best this year when it comes to the trip of 9f-10f - 7 wins from 18. Jockey George Baker has 4 wins from 13 at the trip of 9f-10 this year. 10pts win @ 3.65 >Betfair 10pts TBP @ 2.02 Betfair So...each-way at around 2-1 with the SP..:ok

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb D3.30 Countess Trifaldi 0.5pt E/W There aren't many 4 mile races on the calendar so I'm looking for a horse that stays on at the end of its races which is lurking near the bottom of the handicap and therefore carrying a nice weight in this marathon race. Step forward Countess Trifaldi - should be around the 16/1 mark. :hope

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb 3.20 LINGFIELD-JOHSTOWN LAD 0.5 E/W Fancy a big run from this horse who is dropped back to 5f after a good run at 6f lto despite a bit of trouble in running.Irish trainers are taken plenty of £ home when they bring there horse to Britain at this present time long may it continue!

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb Lyes Green 2.35 Sandown (EACH WAY) The Tother One goes off as a respected Nicholls favourite but stepping up from class 3 to Grade 3 with 23lbs extra is no easy task and I couldn't be touching this although it looks like it should win. Many of these runners have been strutting their stuff in lower class races and will find the step up in class too much today. Lyes Green has placed twice at this trip and gets further. It was totally outclassed in a Grade 1 race when 8th of 9 but was 3rd last time out in a class 2 race behind Nycteos. Also 2nd to Sonnyanjoe in a listed race over 26f on good ground. Has won on heavy, placed on soft and should have no issues with soft ground today. Worth an ew punt and 28-1 with Betfred, will be interesting if it is a true run race and made into a stamina test as this horse gets further and should be staying on at the end of the race.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb

Event Sand 3.40
Selection Tora Bora (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 02/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price totesport @ 67.00 (Back)
Reasoning Meeting - Sandown Time - 3.40 Selection - Tora Bora When I backed Tora Bora this morning it was simply for one reason, This horse is not the horse that ran a shocker on Saturday last. Its far better than that and while the ground was ok for it LTO its got more of a cut today which will be of benefit. While stopping short of saying that it was deliberate, I cant understand what it was doing under Timmy Murphy at Cheltenham. Held up at the back and not even given a run!! I expect this one to go much much better today at a big price. It gets the 3m comfortably which is a massive plus

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb

340 San: Gungadu 1pt win Gungadu looked to be an exciting prospect for this season but it has to be said so far hasnt delivered the goods, this looks is easiest race this season and back at a more suitable trip, wont mind the ground and the track should suit his style of running. Could see him trouncing this lot if in the mood and at around 3/1 looks decent value.
Excellent Barryhills won well cruising to the front & winning at 5/2 :clap

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 2nd Feb Plenty of selections today and some winners amongst them. Bowles goes to the top after a nice 9/4 winner, BH had a 5/2 winner from the same stable to go third. Ironstoney and Puntyboy both had Silverburn at 10/11 to complete the Sandown/Nicholls hattrick for the thread. Falbrav's winning machine carries on with another good Lay, thats 11 on the bounce now! On the AW we had Ted with a close second at 12/1 to land his EW bet and PL Crewman's bet was taken as an EW as it wasnt too clear to me, anyway it was second at 9/4 which lost money. We also had a couple of NR's on Hobbs Hill and Jack has a runner at Kempton later, i'll update when the results are in and pick up any later posts.