** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Chepstow 01/02/08

Carl

taken from S.L

Chepstow: The jumps circuit has a run-in of 240 yards, but the undulations make this a less testing circuit and front runners have a fair record. The fences are quite stiff, and the ground can become very heavy in winter. Over jumps, the Welsh National just after Christmas is always a great spectacle and a good pointer towards the Aintree equivalent. Martin Pipe has an excellent record at that meeting, and overall Philip Hobbs' hurdlers can be followed with confidence.
Going: HEAVY Soft in places Right so what do we fancy today then guys?

Re: Chepstow 01/02/08 Milan Deux Mille 1.20 Chepstow This looks like its between the Pipe raider and the Paul Nicholls raider. Preference for the former, Notched up a 4 timer this time last year over a similar trip of 19-21f's inc 2 wins on testing ground. He stays 3mile but it looks like he's better at todays distances. He's got a winning chase mark of 135 and drops to 108 for his 2nd recent run over the smaller sticks. Disappointed LTO after a long lay off and should strip fitter from that run on New Years day at Chepstow over an inadequate trip. 9/4

Re: Chepstow 01/02/08 Royals Darling 3.00 Chepstow Last 3 'favs' have won this race and all 4 winners of this race have carried 11-1 or more. Hendersons horse fits the bill. Turned over Presenting Cooper LTO and again should strip fitter for that run and should out class these. Id be surprised if Predatuer went to post. Shite price tho.

Re: Chepstow 01/02/08 Lazy But Lively 4.05 Chepstow Nothing above 11-4 has won the last 3 renewels of this race and I dont like the look of those out of the handicap so we are left with runners 6-14 and number 11 Gunship is a NR. All 'favs' have won this and I think its between Phareight Dei and Lazy but Lively. The latter being more consistant has form on HVY is the tentative pick over Phareight Dei who has also form on HVY.

Re: Chepstow 01/02/08

Milan Deux Mille 1.20 Chepstow This looks like its between the Pipe raider and the Paul Nicholls raider. Preference for the former, Notched up a 4 timer this time last year over a similar trip of 19-21f's inc 2 wins on testing ground. He stays 3mile but it looks like he's better at todays distances. He's got a winning chase mark of 135 and drops to 108 for his 2nd recent run over the smaller sticks. Disappointed LTO after a long lay off and should strip fitter from that run on New Years day at Chepstow over an inadequate trip. 9/4
Hello everyone. Found this place yesterday and so far that priviledge has cost me £50 lol. Followed a few of these chepstow bets. Just lost on milan deux mille. Infact I think I'm cursed can't remember the last time I won a bet. Thats 7 losses on the trop in 24 hrs. BTW the rat refered me. :)

Lazy But Lively 4.05 Chepstow Nothing above 11-4 has won the last 3 renewels of this race and I dont like the look of those out of the handicap so we are left with runners 6-14 and number 11 Gunship is a NR. All 'favs' have won this and I think its between Phareight Dei and Lazy but Lively. The latter being more consistant has form on HVY is the tentative pick over Phareight Dei who has also form on HVY.
have quite a lot riding on this one including an intro free bet. Fingers crossed

Re: Chepstow 01/02/08 Welcome withnail Only fancied one horse last night when looking and decided to go for it. Joe Brown in the 14.25. Horse on form here and goes best on soft so taking a gamble on the heavy being ok too. Distance winner and will need to run a strong race, but more than capable. Got 7.6 to win and 2.58 to place on betfair

Re: Chepstow 01/02/08 4.05 Chepstow - Lazy But Lively E/W Won a chase of 80 and a hurdle off 85 both on softish. Racing off 87 today again on soft (even heavy). Seems to have a decent chance. Likes soft and heavy, stays 3m without any problems, jockey has 2 wins in 3 on this horse. Off 87 lto finished 5th only 4 lengths from the winner and the 3rd from this race won a similar class 4 event 3 days ago raised 2 lbs. This to me makes the form of Lazy But Lively very very consistent. Hope the runners stay 16 and we get 4 places.

Welcome withnail Only fancied one horse last night when looking and decided to go for it. Joe Brown in the 14.25. Horse on form here and goes best on soft so taking a gamble on the heavy being ok too. Distance winner and will need to run a strong race, but more than capable. Got 7.6 to win and 2.58 to place on betfair
My 8th loss on the trot :wall:wall