Darts: Premier League Outright

Sharpey started the week 1 thread but we need an outright thread for such a long event I think. Especially as the odds are likely to chop and change by the week.

SortAlphaOff.gifSortFavOnAsc.gif
v15.gifv6004.gifv6139.gifv6143.gifv6169.gifv6171.gifv6006.gifv6183.gifv3.gifv6160.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv6001.gifv401.gif
chart_off.gifTaylor, P2.7533.2532.872.85332.8732.873.23333.1
chart_off.gifvan Barneveld, R4.334.3344.334.334.15444443.754.333.7544.5
chart_off.gifWade, J4.554.5555454.54.334.5454.54.54.8
chart_off.gifLewis, A888.588.510887.587986810
chart_off.gifPart, J13131113121211131313151313151313.5
chart_off.gifJenkins, T11911912131111131311119171213.5
chart_off.gifMardle, W21261926231526212617 3426341926
chart_off.gifManley, P51675167512651515151515167515185
Place terms 2 1/3 2 1/3 2 1/3 2 1/3 2 1/32 1/3 2 1/3

Re: Darts: Premier League Outright For me the best value pick for this would be Part @ 14/1 especially considering how someone like Lewis can be half that price but I cant help but remember his performance in the PL last time when commuting to and from Canada badly failed and even though i do not know what his preparations are going to be like this year, I just have a feeling that a certain Wade is really going to build on his good year last year this season and in the longer games in the finals I think he might be hard to beat. Wade @ 4/1 10 pts. Last year he really developed into a prolific winner on the stage as well as the floor and whilst it would be foolish to write off Barney and Taylor I do think Wade is the man in form at the moment and when the matches get longer, in this leg format I think he will be hard to beat. Ok he did not play at his best in the WC but I generally think that he was unwell for a fair amount of that and that did affect him. He then played well enough when just pipped by Part in the q/f and his form after that on the floor has been good with a win and a semi. Some notable others in here do not have such form coming into the event. Over the 14 games he should do more than enough to be in the top 4 and then form there I beleive he can up his level in the leg format which he seemingly prefers although personally I think he can play any format. Lewis not to qualify @ 6/5 10 pts. This format should actually suit Lewis with him normally being a player who starts well enough before fading but I thought that last year when he was given a wildcard and he wasted the wildcard and looked out of depth and simply could not cope with the situation. He has a second chance this year but I still think that over 14 games, Taylor, Barney will be strong enough to qualify and Wade comes into that bracket too as I highlighted earlier. That leaves one place and the bookies favour Lewis to get that spot but i am not convinced. Part looks more likely for me and even Jenkins although he has hit his first quiet patch for a while, Mardle and Manley perhaps more unlikely but I will take Lewis not to qualify and a tricky start after his first game with Taylor and Wade could mean he struggles from an early stage.

Re: Darts: Premier League Outright Just one early outright for me. I'll sleep on a few more but I like this one. 5pts R.Barneveld's League wins - Under 8 6/5 Skybet Raymond Barneveld had a superb 1st 6 months of 2007 but he only won 7 of his Premier League matches in the league phase. Realistically, on paper the league looks stronger this year than it did last. That can be debated I guess but one thing that can't be debated is that Barney's game has got worse in the last 6 months. He rarely looked comfortable on the PL stage last year and that showed in his results. I think we could see a lot of draws in the league this year as the standard is much closer and asking anyone to win 8 matches could be a tough ask and so I'll take the unders and hope that the maybe matches ie Part, Lewis and Jenkins vs Barney can bring a few draws or defeats.

Re: Darts: Premier League Outright Today's Bettingzone Market News: 0800: Phil Taylor has been eased to 5/2 for darts' Premier League after suffering his first-ever defeat in the competition last night. 'The Power' saw his unbeaten record shattered on the opening night of the Whyte & Mackay-sponsored event by debutant James Wade in Glasgow. Taylor had gone through the first three years of the tournament without suffering defeat, but went down 8-6 to the world number three. The 13-time World Champion recovered from going 5-3 down to lead 6-5, but Wade won the final three legs to make a perfect start to his first Premier League campaign. And the win has seen Bettingzone's 4/1 tip Wade promoted to 5/2 joint favourite with Taylor by both William Hill and Stan James. The first of 14 league nights in this year's tournament also saw Raymond van Barneveld and Adrian Lewis gain wins in front of a sold-out SECC crowd in Glasgow. Van Barneveld took five of the final six legs to win 8-4 in his game against Wayne Mardle, while Lewis held off a Terry Jenkins fightback to win 8-5. Van Barneveld is 3/1 third best with William Hill, Lewis is into 6/1 with Coral and it's 14/1 bar the leading quartet.

• 3 weeks later...

Premier League Darts - Outright - between weeks 3 &4 Darts - To Win Outright

Premier Darts LeagueBook Closes 21 Feb 19:45
Each-way 1/3 1-2
Raymond Barneveld9/4Bet
James Wade5/2Bet
Phil Taylor3/1Bet
Adrian Lewis6/1Bet
John Part12/1Bet
Terry Jenkins14/1Bet
Wayne Mardle66/1Bet
Peter Manley80/1Bet
anyones thoughts on who to have i personally feel there value with taylor 3/1, although 1-2 this season aslong he gets in top 4 he is in with a shout, i fully expect him to reach the top 4 so 3/1 on taylor winning the premier league title again is great value, obviosuly its hard to judge taylor at the moment, but if he regains any of the form from early last year then he has to be backed the time period on the bet lets this chance be possible outside chance jenkins 14/1 - started with tough games and has the so called easier games (although none are easy) coming up. on his day he can beat any of these players and really should be up there with them at this stage of his career, but he is known to be tad jittery in front of cameras. over the season could pick up enough victories to get in. you really have to look him replacing lewis as the only possibility to miss out feel jenks at 14/1 to sneak in semis could be value e/w lewis run from week 6 - 12 is part, barney, jenks, taylor , wade, part, barney - which is v.tough run of games to get several wins in to cement your place jenks 6-12 is manley, mardle, lewis, wade, taylor, manley, mardle which is somewhat easier in my opinion, but really 10pts taylor 3/1 5pts jenkins 14/1 e/w

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Darts: Premier League Outright Taylor to win 10pts 5/1 SkyBet. Now is the time to take what is a cracking price.With still 9 weeks to go and a few tourny's in between the remaining games then this will give Taylor a chance to boost his confidence again and by the time this goes to the semi he should have at least got 4th place.He can then excel in the longer format that he likes,no matter who he plays.

Re: Darts: Premier League Outright Huh. Today's Bettingzone Market News on the back of yesterday's action: 1345: Phil Taylor's 8-0 Premier League rout of Wayne Mardle last night had Betfred breathing a sigh of relief – following a major plunge on ‘The Power’ to finish bottom of the table. As the 13-time former world champion lost three of his first four matches, latterly an 8-3 thrashing by his former whipping boy Peter Manley, Taylor was backed down from his opening quote of 100/1 to 28/1 to be propping up the standings at the end of the 14-week league format. But he regained his form with a vengeance in Bournemouth, putting a three-point cushion between himself and the disappointing Mardle by recording only the second whitewash in the competition’s history. Taylor was consequently cut to 3/1 to win the title for the fourth consecutive year. Betfred spokesman Jon Wilde said: "We have been taking on ‘The Power’ throughout the Premier League but it got to the stage this week where Taylor finishing bottom was as bad a result for us as him winning the event again. "At least it now looks as though he will avoid the ignominy of last place because Mardle increasingly looks to have that dubious status sewn up. But despite a fine display last night, Taylor still has plenty on his plate to qualify for the play-offs because Wade, Barney, Lewis and Jenkins are looking good and Manley keeps carving out results too."

Re: Darts: Premier League Outright

Taylor to win 10pts 5/1 SkyBet. Now is the time to take what is a cracking price.With still 9 weeks to go and a few tourny's in between the remaining games then this will give Taylor a chance to boost his confidence again and by the time this goes to the semi he should have at least got 4th place.He can then excel in the longer format that he likes,no matter who he plays.
Fair play nice shout Sharpe. Would certainly love a 5/1 ticket atm

Fair play nice shout Sharpe. Would certainly love a 5/1 ticket atm
It might be available again next week when Taylor gets beat off Barney,if not 5's then probable 4/1 or 9/2. Yeah the Jenks bet looks good but it all depends on his confidence especially as he will be playing in every Players and UK Open qualifiers,though he does worry me when he plays the lower players in the Prem.Good Luck though:ok

Re: Darts: Premier League Outright Bettingzone Market News update from yesterday: 1250: Phil Taylor was back to his dazzling best last night, beating Dutch master Raymond van Barneveld 8-3 in the Whyte and Mackay Premier League darts with an enviable average of 111. Sky Bet now quote 8/1 for ‘The Power’ to go through the rest of tournament undefeated. Taylor is once again favourite to capture the Premier League this season and Sky Bet have cut his odds of winning from 11/4 to 13/8 following last night’s stunning victory. Taylor has also been trimmed from 4/1 to 9/4 to win the PDC World Darts Championship next year. Sky Bet’s darts compiler, Craig Ibbotson, said: "Last night Taylor played his best darts for years and we can’t see past him now for the Premier League title." ============ Well those sitting with a 4/1+ ticket for Phil Taylor to win the whole thing have gotta be in a jolly mood! :lol Peter Manley's unnerving habit of getting to 7-7 is annoying me.

• 2 months later...

Taylor to win 10pts 5/1 SkyBet. Now is the time to take what is a cracking price.With still 9 weeks to go and a few tourny's in between the remaining games then this will give Taylor a chance to boost his confidence again and by the time this goes to the semi he should have at least got 4th place.He can then excel in the longer format that he likes,no matter who he plays.
Well thats finally free'd up some cash:nana I love you bookies when you haven't got a clue about the game:ok