How should focus games be selected?

GaF

How should focus games be selected?  

1. 1.

• GaF to choose and aim for 3 days notice
    • Democratic choice from the Poll with a min 1 hours notice
    • Abstain - Dont mind which method is used

Re: How should focus games be selected? If I was to choose from the options in the poll I would struggle between the first two. What I would prefer is a mix of what we have now. GaF? choosing certain games in advance, the democratic choice when no clear focus (including rebuys which I choose not to play) and the occasional guest week when somebody wants to have a chance to choose focus games.

Re: How should focus games be selected?

That way everyone can be pissed off together. :ok
Made me laugh that! :lol I think the problem with someone choosing the focus game for a week is that some players don't play the focus game every day. It's certainly the reason I never put my name forward to pick for a week.
Why not let the top scoring player from the previous days focus game choose the next day from the diary as long as its not a pl exclusive game and if it is he/she chooses the following day.Also add one of each variety in the diary there is always something available around of each variety.
This is a very good suggestion. :ok Of course you will never keep all the people happy all the time but such is life. :\

Re: How should focus games be selected? Having not managed a focus game in the last 28 days and therefore having zero BPP points my votes counts for nothing therefore I haven't voted. However personally I prefered the previous system whereby the focus game was chosen by someone (although I admit I was too lazy to get off my arse and offer to help select them). The popular choice games recently seem to be mainly raked hands (no good for non cash game players) and tournaments that are part of a series such as the Hendon Mob games. I can't commit to playing on 20 consecutive Tuesday nights so won't play them. As several people have said already - you won't please everyone so it probably matters little which is the final decision. You could however combine the two. If a person cannot be found to select the week's game then it goes to a popular choice. Although this may add to the admin headache.

Re: How should focus games be selected? The reason it went to the Daily Poll was that the selected games were often played with less than 10 members .... at the moment there's normally a hardcore of around 20 that participate most nights! :clap I've said it before.....but here goes again.......the BPP is a bit of fun and should continue to be so! There's no cash/prizes/medals for being BPP so don't let it rule your lives......continue to get as many members playing each night and they'll keep coming back to the Forum! :ok It is still possible to play higher stake MTT's and Satellites even if it's not the Focus Game.......reading some of the comments gives the impression that folk are not playing them because it hasn't been chosen. :unsure I shall use my vote for the benefit of the Forum rather than for selfish reasons! :) By the way, Morls made a valid points about the BPP Points counting as votes....it should've been the amount of days that each person played in the last 28 days......i.e. Gaf = 28. :lol Have a nice day folks! TQM

Re: How should focus games be selected? By the way not unhappy with the current sysytem or the previous one just offering an alternative. dp-I dont consider myself a cash player either but the nordic for instance take no time at all 1 or 10 rh and offer vg value.I dont tend to play the virgin ones due to table sizing and need to multitable if playing cash,but i just take the night off then.(well night off from focus game think my laptop would explode if i didnt play poker for a whole day:D) In the end this will have to be decided by the mods but thanks for the chance to give our input:ok

Re: How should focus games be selected? The only only other thing I'd like to add is keep the focus games to a select number of sites. I know some people have problems depositing in other sites etc an are then ineligible to play a focus game. This doesn't stop people playing their favourite games they can still do so but I think it would be better to keep BPP games to certain sites.

Re: How should focus games be selected? I believe there were a few core sites but as pl grows no doubt the sites will increase,also if a site works with pl as in added value surely it is in the interests of pl and its members to offer some return(by playing there on times as in pl focus games) as an added future investment? Also some sites dont have the variety of games that others do and think that there is enough interest in these to justify adding to the original core:unsure

Re: How should focus games be selected? I dont really mind how you vote for the focus game.... The only confusing I had about the focus tournaments was "How can you have tournament where you have to join another person forum has a focus game" Personally I dont think its right to have the hendon mob tournament series has a focus tournament...But thats my point of view only.. Overall The focus games should be left how it is.....

I dont really mind how you vote for the focus game.... The only confusing I had about the focus tournaments was "How can you have tournament where you have to join another person forum has a focus game" Personally I dont think its right to have the hendon mob tournament series has a focus tournament...But thats my point of view only.. Overall The focus games should be left how it is.....
We did ask their permission to do it (which they gave) - the mob games wouldn't be focus without their authorisation....

Re: How should focus games be selected? Ok - poll is tied at 8 all (haven't worked out a BPP rating) - there have been a wide range of views expressed, with not too much concensus... So.....what I'm tempted to do......is ignore the this poll and try and take a middle ground - to increase the number of games I choose in advance (thus decrease the number of votes for focus). Raked hands games I think should only be focus games if they are chosen in advance by me, and not eligble through the poll (due to the lack of notice)... Will work through all the posts again a bit later to consider other options. This is just a gut feel at the moment - will work through the responses in this thread later to check it seems a reasonable response....

So.....what I'm tempted to do......is ignore the this poll and try and take a middle ground - to increase the number of games I choose in advance (thus decrease the number of votes for focus).
I thought I'd posted in here last night but it was just before I logged off and obviously I did a Gaf? :eyes :$ At least as the poll is tied I'm going to put this out there to be shot down anyway. The way I see it, there really shouldn't be a hard and fast rule for focus games. IF there is an obvious choice such as a value tourney or PL exclusive then that should be the focus game. IF someone wants to pick a week then Gaf? should let them do so. It isn't easy, believe me! If we're stuck for an obvious focus game then we should take the popular choice and go with the most in the poll. IF there isn't anything obviously available but there is a good 'fun' game such as a high prize freeroll (such as Royal Vegas), or the 10c Poker Stars or Virgin Cheapskate game, then that should be considered as well. The fact is that when you look at focus games in the relative short term you wonder what all the fuss is about. By rights it should be easy to pick a game cos lets face it, we all do that every single night. Believe me it isn't.

Re: How should focus games be selected? What rules do though is make it easier for me :unsure It either gives me a mandate to be autocratic, or sets up a mechanism for the game to be chosen.... I dont mind choosing games, as best I can, but hate the inevitable bickering and moaning that comes, almost irrespective of the choice - but we even have that with an automatic choice from the poll!!!!! As has been said, it's a bit of fun, and at the end of the day (just for Steve'O ;) ), it really doesn't matter what the game is, so long as we have a selection that a relatively large number of people will play.... Typing whilst thinking here.....how about a completely new route - the focus game is always the same? Say €1,000 Gtd on Boss at 19:35 (just a random tournament, first one I saw, not necessarily the best selection) - then it really is a level playing field? Any value tournaments, other tournaments, you can just play without BPP points up for grabs... Or we could have that tourney every Monday, Tuesdays something else, Wednesdays etc.... to get a bit of variety......