How should focus games be selected?

GaF

How should focus games be selected?  

1. 1.

• GaF to choose and aim for 3 days notice
    • Democratic choice from the Poll with a min 1 hours notice
    • Abstain - Dont mind which method is used

Re: How should focus games be selected? I know it would mean getting the diary up really early, but is there anything wrong with still having a vote but doing it 3 days in advance? (I appreciate some people don't know for sure if they're able to play until nearer the time, so can see that could be a problem.)

Guest gazza271

Re: How should focus games be selected?

what happens if someone plays all focus games but is utterly shite (me) and isnt high up the bpp rankings' date=' their votes count less?[/quote'] well I'm shiter than you nah nah nah nah and I voted for the democratic vote before even reading this thread. You cannot keep everyone happy with a forum this size, the vote is the fairest way to keep the majority happy :ok Lately the next days poker has always been posted mid morning giving plenty of time to vote, raked hands wise then yes this may cause a problem, I missed out out on a focus game the other night because of it :sad. GaF, is posting the diary about 3 days in advance a viable option ? How would people feel if they could see the next 3 or 4 days poker in advance, easier to assume what the focus game would be and get the necessary raked hands etc ?

Guest gazza271

Re: How should focus games be selected? In all seriousness we are lucky to have someone like Trev who is open to feedback and suggestion :ok. Other forums would be stuck in their ways and would simply say fcuk off :lol:lol:lol so come on peeps, suggestions ? I go for the majority vote :ok

Re: How should focus games be selected? I kinda liked it when we had week each for choosing. There was nice variety of games. Now its only the same format of tournaments set up. Theres no Omaha,Razz,Stud. Thers no qualifiers to Weeklys. What Im saying, Im after set up in advance. IE, some of the games will have 1 or 2 players voted in (say Sundays 100k on Stars), but if its made focus, Im sure there will be up to 20 for most of the games. I hope, it make sens :$.

GaF, is posting the diary about 3 days in advance a viable option ? How would people feel if they could see the next 3 or 4 days poker in advance, easier to assume what the focus game would be and get the necessary raked hands etc ?
We do that anyway mate - post the current day plus the next two and this goes up the day before. :ok Regarding how focus games are chosen - I'm not really that bothered, I'll go with the majority. :)

Guest gazza271

We do that anyway mate - post the current day plus the next two and this goes up the day before. :ok
doh :unsure too much stella,not enough thought :lol:lol:lol course we do :ok The only I would say is do people actually look at the next couple of days of games ? Hen makes some valid points as well, was good having a variety of games :ok

Re: How should focus games be selected? Not that I have enough BPP points to have a major influence, but none of the three options really state my opinion. I don't see anything wrong with some of the focus games being determined in advance when there's a clear choice (e.g., PL exclusive games, and occasional other games, such as the first couple Hendon Mob games, or the first couple of anything else, for that matter). But on the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with "people's choice" when there's no clear choice. It seems to me that the "dispute" is not really about predetermined games vs democratically chosen games, it's more about particular kinds of game. If there are games with a raked hands requirement, it's a bit annoying if you look at PL in the evening, not really caring what the focus game is, and see that you have half an hour to get 10 or 25 raked hands. Maybe it's better if these are declared to be focus games in advance. And rebuys. As I've said, I don't think rebuys in general are a good choice for focus games, but my reasons don't really apply to ultra-cheap rebuys with added value like the cheapskates.

GaF' date=' is posting the diary about 3 days in advance a viable option ? How would people feel if they could see the next 3 or 4 days poker in advance, easier to assume what the focus game would be and get the necessary raked hands etc ?[/quote'] I think this happens anyway as each day's diary shows the next 2 days and is posted up a day in advance. :ok I think the popular vote has maybe been over-used recently (although I've hardly played any focus games of late so I could have a wrong impression here). I like the idea of some informed direction (:tongue2) towards a 'worthy' or added value game which you might not otherwise have considered, and perhaps popular vote only used where there isn't an obvious candidate for that. But I would hate to think this becomes a chore for one person to decide again.

Re: How should focus games be selected? The current system does tend to favour the following repeating weekly schedule... MON: Nordicbet Freeroll TUE: V Points WED: Magazine Freeroll (BlueSq) THU: V Points FRI: Private Game? SAT: 32 Red Bounty SUN: V Points Perhaps it is time to go back to the 'members choice' system to get a bit of variety back in the games? :unsure and also get us out of of comfort zone; if we so wish. :puke

Re: How should focus games be selected? About 6'2", big nose ..... I think the post failed (but I had about 12 tabs open at the time so missed it) I'm going to bed soon - will probably repost it tomorrow evening (leave the debate to develop further :ok)

The current system does tend to favour the following repeating weekly schedule... MON: Nordicbet Freeroll TUE: V Points WED: Magazine Freeroll (BlueSq) THU: V Points FRI: Private Game? SAT: 32 Red Bounty SUN: V Points
That is what I meant. Is this voting 100% democratic? The problem is, we can see how many votes is there before we vote and we can influence the poll. The hell I done it few times and admit it :$:spank. If there is two games going head to head, I will vote for the one I prefer and will not vote for the other. Yet I will put my name in daily tread for the focus game, if the other one is chosen. Who has never done that, raise your hand :tongue2.

Re: How should focus games be selected? Usually when my posts dissapear it's because i've timed out, in that case i just log in and the post re-appears, or i've clicked on a new page by accident - in that case just click the back button and it's all there still in tact (I love this forum ! :D) For the focus games i opt for advanced notice, this is particularly because there are a lot of RH games and usually it means getting like 25 RH in a rush = losing money so i usually don't play the RH games.

About 6'2", big nose ..... I think the post failed (but I had about 12 tabs open at the time so missed it) I'm going to bed soon - will probably repost it tomorrow evening (leave the debate to develop further :ok)
Can you not check your history > recently closed tabs? And I too think the same as Hen :ok

Re: How should focus games be selected? Certainly the problem with "democracy" is that minority choices rarely get a go, and we tend to get the same sequence of games all the time. Does anybody have any problem with really obvious games (e.g., PL exclusive league games and freerolls, and maybe a few others) being declared focus games without a vote? I'd guess not. I liked it when somebody chose most of the focus games for a week. It did mean we got some variety. But my impression was that there weren't really enough volunteers to do it like that every week. Maybe something between that and "democracy" would be worth a try? For example, alternate weeks of each?

Re: How should focus games be selected? You've reminded me of chinese poker - the pros with far too much money love to play it for huge stakes online but i've never found out where - as far as i know you get like 20 cards each or something ridiculous and it's all pot luck - would be great to watch! Does anyone know where they play? ..

Re: How should focus games be selected? Why not let the top scoring player from the previous days focus game choose the next day from the diary as long as its not a pl exclusive game and if it is he/she chooses the following day.Also add one of each variety in the diary there is always something available around of each variety.

Why not let the top scoring player from the previous days focus game choose the next day from the diary as long as its not a pl exclusive game and if it is he/she chooses the following day.Also add one of each variety in the diary there is always something available around of each variety.
I think that's a superb idea paul top scoringplayer gets to choose focus game next day (within a time range obviously) that'll keep us all on our toes.

Re: How should focus games be selected? It doesn't matter who picks what, when it's posted or if it's a raked hands or a rebuy or a 10,000 player freeroll...somebody will not be happy and will post up to that effect, then a couple more will agree and we'll go down the same road again...on and on and on! Personally I have difficulty fully funding more than my own personal core of three or four sites. Any game chosen away from these means I can not play in the focus game for that night. Fair enough! I've always viewed the BPP as a bit of fun. Something to add a touch of spice to the mix and get some extra interest and banter going between those at the top. In fact, when I topped the table for a period last year I was more embarassed than anything else and I was glad when I lost it and slid back down the table. So, whatever system is used to select the focus game, I'll play all I'm able too and skip the rest...but I will not be posting complaints in the daily thread about the choices.