• 20:00 BetonBet $1000 RH Freeroll
    • 20:10 iPoker $6000 Gtd Freezeout
    • 20:15 32Red AstonVillavNewcastle Directors Box Tickets
    • 20:15 Virgin Cheapskates Rebuy - â?¬70 Added
    • 21:30 Paradise 50 Up Club - â?¬75 Freeroll + 5 Seats to Final
    • 21:40 iPoker $2500 Gtd Freezeout
    • TBC Betfair/BadBeat Dream Team III

Re: **Poker Monday 28th January**

Totally agree with Morls here - we can have focus games that people are unable to play - (Virgin Weekly thingy) yet not a Rebuy. Whats the point putting it in the poll if its not eliglible ??
Well, the poll isn't just for voting for the focus game. It's also for people to say where they're playing. In fact, until recently it was only for people to say where they were playing.
Also surely the rebuy 'rule' came from when the game was selected by a single person - not now its open to a democratic vote.
I think the main reason for the "no rebuys" rule is that for BPP the aim is to finish as high as possible. But in real life the aim in a rebuy is to balance the amount you pay in rebuys with the amount of prize money. So the best strategy for getting BPP points is likely to be very different from a normal sensible strategy. Having said that, in the cheapskates the cost of a rebuy is so tiny, even in comparison to the prize money, that I personally wouldn't particularly mind it being a focus game if that's what people wanted. But I don't think that, say, a $5 rebuy tournament should be a focus game, as it gives too big an advantage to players willing to make several rebuys, compared to those who were reluctant to spend more than $10 or so on a tournament. But in any case, the Nordicbet game got far more votes today anyway, so it wasn't really an issue.

Re: **Poker Monday 28th January** As long as the Nordicbet freerolls are available I can't see another tourney coming close for value, and value is what we should be looking for. The cheapskates is more about fun but I feel no tourneys should be excluded if it's a voting night though personally I don't do rebuys and can't see that changing. Let's hear it for democracy.

Re: **Poker Monday 28th January** Focus Tournaments. Why not just have the most popular choice has the focus tournament EVERY night. Have a deadline for the vote and have the most popular choice has the focus tournament even if its the virgin cheapstakes. For example why is the hendon mobs tournament the focus tournament tommorow ,why not let the most popular choice be the focus tournament..

253rd' date=' 3 off the money, still if i wanted any chance of a decent cash needed to double up, my aq beat by a10.:sad[/quote'] Cant believe how much it tightened up around the bubble - on my table there were even players with double the average stack using their full time bank every time ..... how do people only see the $25 and not the $4950?

For example why is the hendon mobs tournament the focus tournament tommorow ' date='why not let the most popular choice be the focus tournament..[/quote'] There's a lot of added value in this - it's a deliberate attempt to persuade people to play the early rounds of the league, hoping that some will get off to a good start and concentrate on it for the rest - I WANT to see PL winners in it (again) - making it the focus also stops it sliding under the radar.... I have only made it the focus for the first two rounds....

There wasn't ever really any doubt it would be the focus game though was there? I could have told you a week ago it was pretty certain to be focus :unsure ......
so why wasnt it said a week ago? i found out again at 6.50 with no chance of ever getting in......

so why wasnt it said a week ago? i found out again at 6.50 with no chance of ever getting in......
It wasn't said because it wasn't official till the votes had been counted - that doesn't mean it wasn't predicatable though :unsure What did you think tonights focus game would be then if it wasnt the NordicBet?