ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb

As the Aussie Open draws to a close, let's get back to the grind:ok Will be interesting to see how Gaudio and Coria perfom, especially the latter who has played and lost 4 matches in the last 18 months retiring from 2 of them:unsure. Might have a go with Monaco in the outright, looks to have a nice part of the draw. Best player by far in the bottom half of the draw - only worry is Massu at home. Will wait for some prices.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb It's interesting - Coria @ 25/1 outright while Cuevas 150/1 in places (also 70 and 21 @ BF) and yet their match in the first round sees Cuevas trading between 1.45 and 1.52 and Coria available @ 2.98 - 3.9:loon

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb

The BF market has formed a bit in the meantime;) As the games start in the afternoon' date=' I expect bookies to do the usual trick and release the list of odds only in the morning to give punters 1-3 hours to decide and place a bet:([/quote'] Yeah bet365 have prices and Pinnacle have some of tomorrows matches. Going to make a couple of plays but waiting to see if I can get better than what bet365 are offering:@ Going to leave Monaco on the outright btw, 4.5 best seems a bit tight for his first clay event of the year, was hoping for more like 6.5-7.0.

It's interesting - Coria @ 25/1 outright while Cuevas 150/1 in places (also 70 and 21 @ BF) and yet their match in the first round sees Cuevas trading between 1.45 and 1.52 and Coria available @ 2.98 - 3.9:loon
Cuevas is one of the ones I'm looking for a price on:unsure

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb Oh - just 26 pounds available @ 1.45 and the hawks seem to be waiting at 1.52 and higher, so just below 1.5 will probably be the real price, may be even in the 1.4 region (3000 pounds @ 1.37 waiting to get matched which is defo a bookie covering themselves). - Last matched price @ 1.50;)

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb Found some reasonable prices:D CUEVAS @ 1.57 Coral. Not going to say much about Coria, we all know his situation and problems, and none of us really know what kind of shape he’s in here. More interested in who is opposing him, and if they can beat a half-decent Coria. Cuevas is pretty decent, currently ranked at 114 compared to his high of 113. That improved from 230 at the start of 2007 so he’s certainly on the up. He finished last year strong winning a decent Challenger in Lima. That was his third challenger title of the year. He seems like a solid clay courter who should be OK at this level. Only time I’ve seen him play is against Murray at the US Open where he did well to qualify, and he had a decent game but looked inexperienced on hard courts. Obviously this depends on Corias fitness/serve, but he isn’t likely to be 100% so is worth opposing. Also Coral is a one ball bookie, so hit it here as there is a decent chance of Coria retiring. ROITMAN @ 2.87 Paddy. This is an interesting match, and I think Roitman is worth a shot at a decent price. H2H is 2-1 to Massu, all last year, all of clay with Roitman winning the last meeting. But it’s the first that draws my attention, as it was in the quarters of this tournament – Roitman was battering Massu, up 6-0 and I think 5-3 before he got injured and retired after losing the set on tiebreak. Nice little revenge spot here then. I thought Roitman improved quite a bit last year and has a good chance of taking out Massu who was awful in the second half of last year. Couple of concerns are that Massu was reasonable down under and has reached the final here for the past 2 years but I still think he is opposable.

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb Hi guys, following pick to start the after Aus Open week: ATP TOUR, VINA DEL MAR BERLOCQ TO D DEVILDER @ 1.52 at betfair Devilder has been in a very poor form lately while Berlocq (who is just a typical clay court player) was a finalist in Challenger in the first week of 2008 and looked OK in his Aus Open match against Monaco. Slow clay court conditions and 1:0 H2H record will surely favor Berlocq.

Found some reasonable prices:D CUEVAS @ 1.57 Coral. Not going to say much about Coria, we all know his situation and problems, and none of us really know what kind of shape he’s in here. More interested in who is opposing him, and if they can beat a half-decent Coria. Cuevas is pretty decent, currently ranked at 114 compared to his high of 113. That improved from 230 at the start of 2007 so he’s certainly on the up. He finished last year strong winning a decent Challenger in Lima. That was his third challenger title of the year. He seems like a solid clay courter who should be OK at this level. Only time I’ve seen him play is against Murray at the US Open where he did well to qualify, and he had a decent game but looked inexperienced on hard courts. Obviously this depends on Corias fitness/serve, but he isn’t likely to be 100% so is worth opposing. Also Coral is a one ball bookie, so hit it here as there is a decent chance of Coria retiring. ROITMAN @ 2.87 Paddy. This is an interesting match, and I think Roitman is worth a shot at a decent price. H2H is 2-1 to Massu, all last year, all of clay with Roitman winning the last meeting. But it’s the first that draws my attention, as it was in the quarters of this tournament – Roitman was battering Massu, up 6-0 and I think 5-3 before he got injured and retired after losing the set on tiebreak. Nice little revenge spot here then. I thought Roitman improved quite a bit last year and has a good chance of taking out Massu who was awful in the second half of last year. Couple of concerns are that Massu was reasonable down under and has reached the final here for the past 2 years but I still think he is opposable.
Good first pick Mr. I. Had it in with one or two others and 6th seed Hernandez got stuffed unfortunately :eyes

Found some reasonable prices:D CUEVAS @ 1.57 Coral. Not going to say much about Coria, we all know his situation and problems, and none of us really know what kind of shape he’s in here. More interested in who is opposing him, and if they can beat a half-decent Coria. Cuevas is pretty decent, currently ranked at 114 compared to his high of 113. That improved from 230 at the start of 2007 so he’s certainly on the up. He finished last year strong winning a decent Challenger in Lima. That was his third challenger title of the year. He seems like a solid clay courter who should be OK at this level. Only time I’ve seen him play is against Murray at the US Open where he did well to qualify, and he had a decent game but looked inexperienced on hard courts. Obviously this depends on Corias fitness/serve, but he isn’t likely to be 100% so is worth opposing. Also Coral is a one ball bookie, so hit it here as there is a decent chance of Coria retiring. ROITMAN @ 2.87 Paddy. This is an interesting match, and I think Roitman is worth a shot at a decent price. H2H is 2-1 to Massu, all last year, all of clay with Roitman winning the last meeting. But it’s the first that draws my attention, as it was in the quarters of this tournament – Roitman was battering Massu, up 6-0 and I think 5-3 before he got injured and retired after losing the set on tiebreak. Nice little revenge spot here then. I thought Roitman improved quite a bit last year and has a good chance of taking out Massu who was awful in the second half of last year. Couple of concerns are that Massu was reasonable down under and has reached the final here for the past 2 years but I still think he is opposable.
Mr I - Luv your work! :clap:beer

Great piece of work !! :ok:beer Especially Roitman... I saw lots of people putting their money on Massu... Really good pick!!!

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb FOGNINI @ 2.89 Pinnacle. Chela looks worth opposing at this sort of price. He has started this year really poorly, wasn't impressive in Hopman Cup then losses to Mayer and Garcia-Lopez and only a single win over King-Turner in which he needed 3 sets. He also has a stinking record here, 0-3, and has never been close to taking a set against 3 guys he found have been favoured to beat (Portas, Vicente, Sanchez). Fognini is a player I like, I think he can do some decent stuff on the clay this year. He lost in Australia to Russell in 5 sets but I don't think that's too bad considering his experience on hard courts (and I imagine his experience in that part of the world). He ended last year pretty well playing challengers in South America beating the likes of Vassallo-Arguello, Martin, Cuevas and taking Roitman to a final set breaker. I definately think he's worth a shot here. MARRERO @ 1.83 Will Hill. Think this qualifier is worth a shot. I don't know much about him but just looking at recent form. He qualified for the challenger in La Serena a couple of weeks ago and got all the way to the final, beating N Lapentti and todays opponent Garcia on the way. He's also qualified for this event, beating Ramirez-Hidalgo in the last qualifying round. Garcia is a pretty poor 1-5 in the main draw of his home event, and bar matches against Gonzo and Rios you'd think he'd have a chance with the rest. Garcia struggled to get wins at the back end of last year and I think his poor record here will continue. BERLOCQ @ 1.42 Pinnacle. I watched Berlocq a few times last year, and he's a player I like on the red stuff. He's got a very nice forehand and is very solid. He pushed Monaco for a couple of sets in Aus and finished last year reaching the final in Sao Paulo. He reached the quarters here last year and has a 1-0 H2H from 2005 against Devilder. Devilder failed in qualifying for Sydney and the Aus Open and finished last year OK, winning a challenger in Brazil in October but struggling a bit after that. Berlocq is a class above and should be able to come through comfortably. HORNA @ 2.37 Will Hill. Going for Horna here, the main reason is that he won the title here year year, and I like guys in that situation. H2H is 6-2 to Calleri with the last one being 4 sets to Calleri in the Aus Open a couple of weeks ago. But, on clay it's 3-2 to Calleri with the first being a retirement early and the last two going to Horna. They've all been pretty close and I don't see Horna going down easily. Calleri has shown some good form on hard courts in the past 6 months but hasn't played on clay since Sopot last July and that's a bit of a concern I feel as Horna has been pounding the dirt regularly. This this is a very close match, and I fancy Horna to come through trying to defend his title.

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb Good tips there Mr. I. I looked at the Horna-Calleri match and agree with you Horna is a great price given their h2h clay record. Stuck him in a double with Marrero. I still favour Chela to come through against Fognini and got Berlocq to win in another bet :)

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb Hello, due to offered price(@2,63, Pinnacle), bet on Horna looks like candidate for "best value bet of the day" IMO. Horna is very strong on clay, won last two on this surface against Calleri and won this tournament last year. Only too bad form or some health troubles can devalue this offer, but I didn't hear about any troubles. Calleri seems to be in solid form, that's fair to mention. Good luck:)

pls someone tell me why patiance get 2.9 at pinnicale?! what is the reason for this?
Vassallo is a clear favourite because he is a better player on clay, reached the semis here last year and has a 2-1 H2H. So do you Patience should be shorter or longer?;)

patience deaf. denko last year on clay and was very close to win with 2-1 sets up on djoko at the roland garros and he showed great quality... i dont understand why u so underestamite this player
I don't mate I saw those matches but that was an exceptional level for him. He's got a chance today, good luck if you play it:hope