Australian A-League Finals

Minor Semi Final First Leg: Sydney v Queensland Pick: Sydney Sydney has the better form coming into this game and especially have a good record against Queensland. They have a full strength lineup except for the suspended Zadkovich, while Queensaldn are missing Tiatto. Not only have Sydney the better form but they do have the experience on their side. While many of the players are in the prime stage of their careers, they have also played at higher levels and bring with them the experience of playing in cut throat conditions. As for Queensland, many of them are younger and hence inexperienced with the pressure of these situations, and may be found wanting. Their coach Farina will play this one cautiously, as they will not want to go home for the second leg with a deficit, so it will Sydney who i assume will go into this game with the greater desire to push forward and score.

Re: Australian A-League Finals Its doubtful Queensland will leave this match victors, Sydney hold a 4-4-1 record against Queensland and Sydney are a team thats in form. Queensland stumbled into the finals winning only 1 of their past 5 matches, while Sydney have won 3 of their past 5 (the other two being Draws). Interestingly, in the three games between the two sides this season, there was only 1 goal scored in the 270 minute played. Sydney won back in September 1-0 with the past two matches ending 0-0. Sydney should win, and i predict the total goals to be under 2.5

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Australian A-League Finals No Juninho for Sydney which really hurts them. Centrebet has some weird lines on their website, Queensland are favourite to win in normal time @$2.45 compared to Sydney @$2.80 But they have Sydney as the favourite to qualify @1.72 with Queensland @$2.12 You'd think the favourite to win the game would also be the favourite to qualify considering the this is the last leg and the first was 0-0. I suppose the bookies are covering a scoring draw. I'll still take Queensland to qualify @$2.12, it's a great price considering their at home, well rested (except Moore) and Syndey has no Juninho.

Re: Australian A-League Finals Where does anyone get off making Mariners Favs for the 2nd leg match against Newcastle???? I have no idea what is going on but my money is on Newcastle in this one, great form, great record and really Mariners are somewhat dismal at times. Of course because they have to win they will right? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol IMO this is something like 1 vs 5 or 6 on form CCM aren't finals material (of course feel free to add input)

Re: Australian A-League Finals Valid outcome.... I went for under @ 1.9 (Stake: 6/10) with a small punt on Draw/Newcastle HT/FT assuming CCM wont come out blasting (I don't think 2-0 down requires such action) they REALLY don't want to concede, if they do its over.So then I predict a tight 1st half, then as game goes on and CCM begin to panic mid way through the 2nd Jets come out and hit hard on the counter (also a valid scenario for 1-1 HT)... either way 7/1 on this is enough for me to give it a go (1/10).

Re: Australian A-League Finals I have put my money on the draw at $3.50. Excellent value IMO. I really cannot see CCM advancing through but I have taken a smaller bet at 1-0 CCM as they will be throwing everything at Newcastle and I presume the jets will be extremely solid in defence. I also heard rumours of Joel Griffiths being unfit for the match which takes away a big likelihood of any Newcastle goals.

Re: Australian A-League Finals

I presume the jets will be extremely solid in defence.
You and me both my friend however whatever the commentators may say about CCM being an overwhelming force that just simply wasn't the case... I would not be surprised if Pim Verbeek made is comments the other week based on a psychic premonition of Jets Def tonight, they were awful... I truly thought the club had more sense than to send them out purely to defend for 90 minutes truly a poor choice in tactics... a slightly modified version of their normal game would have been a lot more productive instead they showed some 100% shocking defense... the media should be saying "you could show any young football player footage of that game and let them know this is not how to defend!!!" Sorry too much FM recently anyways any1 watching already knows this. On the other hand it did stay under so I am happy enough also this provides an interesting betting opportunity next week I will def have to wait and see the odds however I feel that CCM may be overvalued based on this game (I am sure that people saw the game even out a whole lot more in xtra time I feel a meer glimpse of Jets real game) Should they bring this out on grand final day then the shit may hit the fan for any team they are playing... In a single 90 min at a Neutral venue (Sydney) I got a big feeling they could beat CCM however they will have to pick themselves up for Queensland as they looked very good in recent times... While A league play may not be up to scratch at least it is completely up in the air IMO who will take the league this year (At short odds CCM are sure to be offered my moneys against them whatever next weeks result)... lol ok well thats enough ranting but hopefully over the next week we can get some discussion going I am eager to hear what some others think...:ok