Mowgli77's Jumps List/Horses to follow

Deleted the other jumps thread as it was basically shite and not how I usually bet on the flat. I've got a selection of horses that I usually follow in the right circumstances and will be sticking with these horses. I usually end up with a list of about 25-30 horses and some get removed while others get added. I will usually go through a few weeks form and add horses that look like next time out winners or ones to follow for a while. Just very basic comments for the thread because there is more in depth analysis that would take up loads of space here. This has proved successful in the past and in the notebook for the flat season the winners just kept rolling in. Have only just got my jumps list together and got my ass in gear after seeing Bowles' charts in his thread. Here are my first lot of horses:

Horses Name Comments
Albertas Run Ran well and jumped well last time out, one to follow and will win again over similar distance.
Breedsbreeze They went off at a quick pace but this still finished its race strongly and has stamina in abundance, won well and beat Deep Purple and should be winning again soon.
Deep Purple As above, was trying hard to match Breedsbreeze at the end and these 2 seemed to pull away, knows how to win and looks a classy sort.
Franchoek Looks top class, won Grade 1 races in style, still improving and backed ante post for the Triumph Hurdle.
Inglis Drever Top class horse, loves Cheltenham and will be hard to beat in the World Hurdle, Blazing Bailey main danger but inconsistent, backed ante post already for this.
Kauto Star Top class, has gears, different class, Gold cup winner again for 2008.
Leslingtaylor Fell earlier this season but was travelling well enough and too early to write this one off just yet. Won well at Aintree and will win again at some point.
My Way De Solzen Does not get 3m over jumps, likely to go hurdling, may be something amiss with the horse but one to keep an eye on over shorter trips and see what it runs in at Cheltenham before backing ante post.
Negus De Beaumont Ran a decent enough debut and looks to be one to win next time out. Bookies will be aware and will probably go off at a short price.
Nickname Multiple Grade 1 winner, especially in Ireland but needs very soft ground and was beaten on comeback due to the ground not being soft enough.
Scriptwriter Didn’t jump fluently on debut but still got 4th and plugged on well enough. Was good on gd-fm and gd ground, won’t like it too soft.
Star De Mohaison Average return over hurdles but will be better back over fences as it jumps really well and at speed, prefer it not to run in Gold Cup but may be 1-2-3 in Gold Cup for Nicholls, this in 3rd.
Sublimity Not fully fit on comeback run but ran with credit, will come on for that and be up there in the Champion Hurdle.
The Listener Definitely top class but needs softer ground and no match for Denman, can win a poorer Grade 1 race but has no chance in the Gold Cup if it runs in it.
Tidal Bay Never has to do too much to win but always answers questions it is asked. Will go well at Cheltenham and one to follow all season.
Voy Por Ustedes Hard to see it reversing form with Twist Magic unless that runs below form or falls but likes Cheltenham, very classy and jumps well, will be spot on for Cheltenham.
First one runs tomorrow - Negus De Beaumont. :ok Will keep a track on these horses with profit/loss and strike rate etc and all bets will be to level stakes - 10pts win or 5pts ew depending on price. Starting Bank of 200pts. 10pts WIN - Negus De Beaumont (SP) No prices available at the moment. (reasoning in Newcastle thread)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.