Sony Open - US PGA Golf

Just one for me this week as it's very early days in the season. Charles Howell III e/w @28-1 You have to think that those players who took part in the invite only Mercedes-Benz Championship have a sizeable advantage this week, not only do they have the benefit of some competitive golf but also of the conditions in Hawaii. Howell got his season off to a good start with T8 last week. But for a 74 in the first round he could well have finished much higher, although pleasingly he improved with every round and finished with a confidence boosting 6 under par 67. Howell finished 2nd in this event last season and the shortish yardage and par 70 should be to his liking, his stats from last week look very encouraging - over 83% of GIR in the last three rounds and T2 for putts per GIR. If he can continue that kind of form this week then he should go close.

Re: Sony Open - US PGA Golf Two for me this week Chad Cambell @50-1, 2nd here two years ago and played well last week. Aaron Baddeley @25-1, Driving Accuracy was good for him last week and he will need that ,round this track and a great putter . Match Bet Chad Cambell to beat Robert Allenby @4/5 with Paddy Power , Allenby form towards the end of 2007 was poor and i see no reason why he should have improved . Chad played last week so he should be match fit Good luck All