Chepstow 5/1/08

Re: Chepstow 5/1/08 1.20 Carrick Oscar 15 pts win Interesting runner on return from injury. Only one run so far at Towc. and won comfortably and looked a stayer, trainer comments afterwards indicated as such and it dealt with soft ground that day well. The fact it dealt with Towc. suggests to me it can deal with Chepstow. However the interesting part for me is the form of that race. It beat Mark the Book who went onto win over hurdles twice after and could be a very very good chaser eventually, the third has won lots of time since and despite a hefty enough mark on paper, there is a claimer on board, it is unexposed and trainer in decent enough form. 1.55 Desert Tommy 5 pts e.w This one is based more on hurdle ability than actual chase ability shown so far although its first run was not really that bad. Over hurdles it was no superstar but decent enough, it won races and the festival run showed to me that it was more of a staying type. Often seemingly unable to carry on with early pace, it plugged on for a respectable sixth. Should appreciate the distance, seems adaptable enough on different kinds of ground and if it could bring some of its hurdle form out over fences, and that is the question, it is not out of this.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.