2nd last at Cheltenhams Old Course

A racing pal of mine put this suggestion up on another forum and as it was the best thread I've seen outside PL, I wondered what our members thought of it. Is there a problem with the 2nd last on Cheltenhams Old Course (not the one used today)? Twist Magic and Don't Push It fell there in the Arkle, Granit Jack and Nicholls novice (name escapes me) the same weekend fell fatally, and numerous others. They seem to jump the fence alright but crumple on landing, the good jumpers being the ones to come down. Is it fair? Can anything be done to rectify the problem? My pal, Alan came up with the suggestion of having both the hurdles tracks on the Old course, with two chase courses on the New one. Seems a simple solution to me. Opinions anyone?

Re: 2nd last at Cheltenhams Old Course Ginge, this the fence that either wins you a cheltenham chase or loses it as it claims even the best of jumpers. I always had a view perhaps the jocks should decide where they want to jump it, the inside always seemed the worst as there is a rail directly after the jump making the horse then swerve to stay on track. I am always shouting at my jocks to jump it either middle or outside of the fence. Mind you i think Twist magic fell down the outside last year. There are times when i think "great jump" & then the horse just crumples & unseats. It would be interesting getting a jocks view.