My Way De Solzen

I am a bit confused with Alan King at present. After now having 2 runs at 3m he should just quit the idea, which I think he has. He is now talking about running My Way over hurdles but I don't know why he doesn't give the horse a go against the big boys at 2m or 2m5f and go for the Champion Chase or Ryan Air. Before the season started I thought he had a good string. I have not been impressed by Voy Por Ustedes and Blazing Bailey has been a disapointment. Whats your opinons?

Re: My Way De Solzen MWDS has been a bit of a disappointment but sometimes these young chasers can be in their second season. VPU is being geared for Chesltenham and I doubt he can be criticised as he almost succeeded in giving away lumps of weight first time out, was then beaten fair and square by a horse that will probably go off favourite at Cheltenham before winning over Christmas. Blazing Bailey, IMO, possibly over achieved last season, but it is still too early to say. However, the trainer himself is regularly banging in winners over fences, hurdles and NHF (including a double today) and I have no problems backing his horses (especially, as today, when he has two NHF at two different meetings when he has no problems, usually, in running two in the same race). In Chocolate he also has the most improved jumps jockey this season, who knows which side his bread is buttered (and the success he is likely to have with King) by rarely taking outside rides.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.