Best Bet of the Day 31/12

RussP

Re: Best Bet of the Day 31/12 1.50 Wolverhampton Class 6 handicap over 1m6f here, and 13 runners expected to battle this one out. Very open race and quite a few running well, including my selection. Available at over 20/1 on Betfair, I just cannot leave this one out of my selections, and it is: Opera Writer (RPF 16/1) - Dropping down the weights steadily despite running some very game races in defeat. Also dropped in class to Class 6 for this race, and this being a 0-60 handicap. Interestingly for me, it is stepped up to 1m6f for the first time on the AW having seemingly been outpaced when the tempo quickens recently. Since returning from a long absence, has twice finished 3rd, under 2L behind the winner both times, staying on strongly from the back of the field. Lto, was 14L back which, on the face of it, is not encouraging but the horse nearly unseated its rider coming out of stalls getting hampered terribly by other horses. Remarkably, it was making a challenge 2f out after getting itself back into it but could not sustain it. That effort can be safely ignored. Big price and big EW chance. EW

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.