Portuguese CS + Italian Draws

jeno

Hello everyone, Been keenly watching and reading threads for the past few months and have found it quite fascinating. Yes this is my first post and I very much doubt my last. I have watched the portuguese leagues and italian leagues with interest as there does seem to be a pattern, if I can call it that. The portuguese league is the lowest scoring league in europe at 2.21 goals a game so far this season and the Italian has the most drawn results in europe at 37%. The past 2 months or so I have been watching these leagues and created a spreadsheet for the portuguese league, as of yet not for the Italian, and have been gaining a nice profit. On the spreadsheet what I have done is tried to predict the correct scores. Basically putting 5 points on these scores 0-0, 1-0, 0-1,1-1, 2-0, 0-2, 2-1, 1-2. Therefore for every game you are staking 40 points. For the Italian league I propose a similar method to these using the CS of 0-0, 1-1 and 2-2 so possibly staking 15 pts. Any questions, tips would be greatly appreciated, my IT skills are quite basic and would like advise on how I could present these results. Thankfully there is time to tweek the system as the portuguese league does not begin till 6th Jan and Italian a week later. Thank you so much, eagerly awaiting comments

Re: Portuguese CS + Italian Draws >>>For the Italian league I propose a similar method to these using the CS of 0-0, 1-1 and 2-2 Wouldn't it be better value, not to mention easier, just to back the straight draw. The dutched CS odds on these scores are probably going to be a lower price than the draw odds - and you are not going to be happy if it's a 3-3 or a Chelsea 4-4!

Re: Portuguese CS + Italian Draws Hi guys, appreciate that you mention that subject, i`m talking about draws. I bet on draws for a few years now and recently thought to put money on a correct score but only 0:0 and 1:1. 3:3 and 4:4 are very rarely and even 2:2 are not very often. What I do is i choose a few teams from leagues (as I call them under leagues such as french, italian, portugese, russian)and bet on them progressivly starting from 1*unit and if not successful then 2*units etc. If you`re getting experienced you know what team to bet on ;) Best website for me where you can find all past results and odds is: http://www.betexplorer.com www.betexplorer.com

Re: Portuguese CS + Italian Draws Been bored at work managed to do some research. Based on past results for this season so far in the portuguese league 77% of the results were as i said at the beginning of this thread below the 2-1 scoreline. Also had we done the Italian draws at £10 each based on this season alone we would have made a profit of £89.75. This is getting excited about the prospects for the 2nd half of the season Does anyone know a site which can immediately download the matches for various leagues straight onto a spreadsheet and possibly the odds as this wld take some time doing it manually. Thanks

Re: Portuguese CS + Italian Draws Am not using real money for this but will assume am puttin £10 on each score

DateMatch0-0P.Pr1-0P.Pr0-1P.Pr1-1P.Pr2-0P.Pr0-2P.Pr2-1P.Pr1-2P.PrLiabilityResultReceivedP/L
04/01/2008Academica v Braga8.80£88.008.40£84.007.60£76.006.60£66.0020.00£200.0012.50£125.0014.00£140.0011.50£115.00£80.00
All odds are via betfair starting bank is £1000 Good luck

Re: Portuguese CS + Italian Draws

Hello everyone, Been keenly watching and reading threads for the past few months and have found it quite fascinating. Yes this is my first post and I very much doubt my last. I have watched the portuguese leagues and italian leagues with interest as there does seem to be a pattern, if I can call it that. The portuguese league is the lowest scoring league in europe at 2.21 goals a game so far this season and the Italian has the most drawn results in europe at 37%. The past 2 months or so I have been watching these leagues and created a spreadsheet for the portuguese league, as of yet not for the Italian, and have been gaining a nice profit. On the spreadsheet what I have done is tried to predict the correct scores. Basically putting 5 points on these scores 0-0, 1-0, 0-1,1-1, 2-0, 0-2, 2-1, 1-2. Therefore for every game you are staking 40 points. For the Italian league I propose a similar method to these using the CS of 0-0, 1-1 and 2-2 so possibly staking 15 pts. Any questions, tips would be greatly appreciated, my IT skills are quite basic and would like advise on how I could present these results. Thankfully there is time to tweek the system as the portuguese league does not begin till 6th Jan and Italian a week later. Thank you so much, eagerly awaiting comments
Hi Jeno. Nice post and good point for both leagues IMO. The Portuguese League has an average of 55 to 60% of "unders" every season. So, your approach is a valid one if you can find value (remember that the bookies also know this and set the odds to their advantage...). Regarding the Italian league you also have a valid point. My system in Italy is to select the 3 or 4 games that every week seem to me like most likely to draw (knowing that out of every 10 games, 3.7 will end up in a draw). What I also noticed lately is that you start getting odds bellow 3.00 for a draw in Italy...but it is still a profiable way of making money IMO. Good luck with your testing. :cheers JC