Best Bet Of The Day Sat 22/12/07

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sat 22/12/07 Asc 1.40 Kasbah Bliss 7/1 0.5 pts e.w I think the key here is that the ground should be quicker. Despite pieces of form on 'softer' the general consensus is that quicker ground is better for this talented horse especially if it wants to properly get the trip which in the past it perhaps has not such as lto when it was too soft. On quicker ground this one is a definite e.w palyer at RPF 13/2 or 7/1. Hardy Eustace respected hugely but still a question mark over the trip although if it was to get it it should be today. BJK lots of question marks (bridle horse, trip, stable form) and others might not quite have the class of this French one who in this ground has to warrent huge respect.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sat 22/12/07 Hayd 2.35 Limerick boy 0.5pts ew fits most of the trends for this race & although not a distance winner has won here before over 2f shorter. Ground conditions ideal & those above 11st normally win this so the weight isnt an issue. Trainer in good form.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sat 22/12/07 H12.20 Tagula Blue 0.5pt E/W Has had 2 runs this season which should put it spot on for this. I think the step up in trip will suit and signs that the trainer is running into form after a fairly quiet spell. Also dont fancy the likely favourite at all (Khasab) which I have laid on the place market so this makes for a better price on the selection.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sat 22/12/07 235 Hay : Cloudy Lane 1pt Win Loves it round here and expected to improve for his first run of the season, ran well for a long way and should be spot on now. Lot of exposed sorts in opposition and i reckon Cloudy Lane has a lot of improvement in him this season.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sat 22/12/07 3.40 Gentelmans Deal Nice little race this. I think you can rule out the bottom two. Gentelmans Deal, Grand Passion and Millville all met last run and was invloved in a three way photo finish with Grand Passion coming out in front. Both him and Millville recieved 4lbs from Gentelmans Deal that race today he only gets 2lbs and Millvile still gets 4lbs. So if they all run upto that level you'd expect Gentelmans deal to some out on top this time. Troubadour has to make a huge step up in class.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sat 22/12/07 Ascot 1.40 Chief Dan George (EW) Chief Dan George is quickly passed over by many yet is a Grade 1 winner and 2X Grade 2 winner. I agree that Massinis Maguire and Wichita Lineman went off too fast at Aintree but the horse still had to come out of the clouds to win the race and proved it has stamina in abundance. I don’t feel it gets enough credit for that race and would have also gone close at Cheltenham that year if not for pulling a muscle. It will have no problems with the trip and has placed 3 times on good to firm, which will be a huge advantage over many rivals that need softer ground. It fell on its seasonal debut last year and then racked up 4 straight wins and always needed the race last time out. It faded away terribly but the trainer does not seem too concerned and expects a much-improved performance. 16-1 is great each way value for me and I have not lost faith in the horse yet. I would prefer this to the two market leaders. 2 of the possible dangers have been withdrawn and it is still double figures.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sat 22/12/07 Summary:- 1 x 8/1 winner (Verisimilitude:clap) 1 x 10/3 winner (BillyHills:clap) 1 x 13/8 winner (Stewartd14:clap) 1 x 5/4 winner (Woodie:clap) 4 winners from 9 bets 44% strike rate 9.00pts staked 18.21pts returned +9.21pts