Table selection on Boss

GaF

Just about to start my second challenge - and first thought - I should be selecting good tables - there's plenty of liquidity on Boss..... However, can you gain a real advantage on Boss through table selection? I dont recognise 97% of the names I see at the tables - I don't believe the significance of their Average Pot figures (sample size is too small, so it's hugely variable from what I see) and Poker Tracker on records stats on tables you're sat at, so PT database is pretty small.... The real fish though - dont stick around long before being busted - even if you identify them, get in first place in the queue, it's probably their seat you'll be taking.... Best just to sit down on the first available? (instinct says no, but I cant see a viable means of table selection)

Re: Table selection on Boss I never play cash on boss but do they not have a p/f % for the table anything 65% and above should be a fishy table. Why boss? Poker office is great for collating info on cash players ipoker (Blue Sq) for me as a first choice and Prima second, then probably stars and tilt when I feel like it.

Re: Table selection on Boss Pokertracker is new on Boss - so I think the main reason I'm doing it on boss is a belief that most of my opponents probably aren't using it, so I have an advantage over them :unsure On the other, more established sites, I believe most of my opponents are probably using it.... :unsure

Re: Table selection on Boss The way they play on the sites I play I don't think they have heard of poker never mind trackers. Also, THE greatest cash game player on this site openly admits he never uses them, so I'm not convinced they are that common. The question was about table selection I use PO for that. I run it an hour before I start and then select the most fishy table. If PT can do that on Boss then you already have the answer.

Re: Table selection on Boss

The way they play on the sites I play I don't think they have heard of poker never mind trackers.
:rollin :rollin There's a lot of truth in this! I bought poker tracker but have stopped using it, as I found it was a distraction that wasn't helping. I found it was leading to me concentrating on opponents' stats rather than using position on them which is the key.

Re: Table selection on Boss

Pokertracker is new on Boss - so I think the main reason I'm doing it on boss is a belief that most of my opponents probably aren't using it, so I have an advantage over them :unsure On the other, more established sites, I believe most of my opponents are probably using it.... :unsure
So its up and running properly now? I seem to recall it was in beta and I was waiting until they 'fixed it'. I need to go and d/l the freebie to have a go:ok Has someone wrote a simple user guide about PT? just so that we can al get the best out of it. Cheers Damo