Wincanton 06/12/07

Daily Selections :ok All these 3 chosen partly due to the comments in the Stable Tours which is an excellent addition to the Racing Post site: Pur De Sivola 2.10 Wincanton

Magnificent looker, a real powerhouse. Had the misfortune to bump into the subsequent Triumph third on his debut, then won at Taunton, and I fancied him to follow up at Uttoxeter when he rapped a joint three out and went lame. Novice chases are on his agenda now; he hasn´t schooled yet, but he was placed over fences at Auteuil and they shouldn´t be a problem. Could be quite good.
Has 3 entries for 6th, 7th and 9th December so if this is the preferred option they must fancy their chances. Genuine excuse for the Uttoxeter run, well beaten last time in a class 3 race but likely to improve and should win this class 4 beginners chase. Lusaka De Pembo 3.10 Wincanton (EW)
Formerly with Nigel Twiston-Davies, we bought him at the sales and he´s won twice for us. Hadn´t been seeing out his races, but I thought all he did was stay, so we stepped him back up in trip to nearly 3m2f andhe kept on well to win at Wincanton this month. It was only a modest contest, but that´s my job - to find the right race for my horses. I probably ran him a bit quick at Ludlow last week, where the trackmay not have suited him.
Course and distance winner over this type of trip and interesting that trainer states he could have run him too soon after at Ludlow. Had a rest and finished 2nd but was then turned out quickly again within 9 days and finished 6th of 8. Has finished 2nd on soft but seems to like firmer ground which is reflected in the price. Runs off a 6lb lower rating than last time out. Caoba 3.40 Wincanton (EW)
Had only four runs on the Flat in France for Carlos Laffon-Parias, and we claimed her after she was beaten two lengths at Saint-Cloud in June. The idea was to run in some of those desperate early season juvenile hurdles. We´d had her here a few weeks, and she was jumping well, when she went lame on her off-hind. Mary Bromiley thought at first she´dpulled ligaments round the hip, so we gave her a week or two off, but she still wasn´t A1, so that´s been extended to two months. She´s out of the yard, but due back soon. It means we´ll have to take on better opposition, but she could still be okay. I quite like her pedigree for jumping, as she´s by Hernando out of a Rainbow Quest mare.
Hobbs sends just the one horse here and has an interesting pedigree. Must be ready as he has avoided running it due to injury but may need the outing. Hobbs has 2nd best record here behind Nicholls for winners with 34 from 197 overall. Yard in fair enough form (his Ring The Boss looked a class act) and interesting at the price.

Re: Wincanton 06/12/07 1.10 Never so Blue 15 pt win @ SP. Putting it up again as it is quickly brought out again by the trainer who continues good form. It was well in the other day and despite penalty still looks decently handicapped and claimer takes some off. Slight doubts over the increased trip but it looked to be doing better work at the end the other day and as long as the quick re appearance does not take its toll, should go close again. 3.40 Emerald Wilderness 15 pt win @ SP. Put it up when third on hurdling debut following from a reasonable flat career. Should come on a lot for that run and run with a fair bit of credit that day. Trainer in good form and it has the experience over the chief threats of the Pipe and Hobbs horses of an actual run which could prove very important.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.