Wolverhampton 23/11

7:30 Simple Jim Left France with a 2nd place finish on it's only start on all-weather. RP suggests it it best watched but the jockey booked has been riding well when at this venue. Jockey @ Wolverhampton 4 wins from 11 this month - SPs of 10-3, 11-8, 4-1, 14-1 Form reads 11-8-1-5-1-3-1-1-10-8-13 19.00/5.20 @ Betfair 7:55 Hellfire Bay Form of John Egan has been in the winning side lately and could get this 2yo in the frame when all done. Only been raced on turf but Kevin Ryan being the trainer should make it suitable for today. It is taking a drop of Class from 4 on the previous two into a 6 today. Egan's form from this track yesterday is 2-1-7-2 12.00/3.15 @ Betfair 8:55 Magroom Could not win LTO when beaten by a runner who now has a form of 1-1-3-1-1-2 from 05Oct to 20Nov. The 3rd place was the favorite for that race and 4th was favorred to win his race yesterday. Magroom does have a very good form with 1-4-2-1-2 since dead heating last September. Trainer and jockey combo with 3yos is 2 wins from 5 this year for +16.33 LSP. 5.70/2.00 @ Betfair 9:20 Abbondanza Going for a hat trick. Not getting the usual Tom Eaves and has Phillip Makin on for today. P Makin has 2 wins from 4 when being with 4+yo's for I Semple on the all weather (1-18 on turf). Simple and Makin combined has a form of 1-2-1-5 at Wolverhapton for the last 4. 5.40/2.12 @ Betfair

Re: Wolverhampton 23/11 7.00 Wolverhampton Class 6, 6f apprentice handicap here with 10 expected the face the starter. Not an awful lot to recommend here with question mark surrounding many of the runners. Likely favourite will be Chatshow after its 2 2nds last 2 runs. It’s certainly not easy to dismiss with a slight ease in grade, despite a 1lb rise in the weights. Mark Coumbe gets on well with the horse too whilst trainer remains in decent form. However, without a win for a long time now and it remains doubtful whether this horse can get its nose in front. Must be one for the placepot though. At 7/2, Registrar is one to avoid for me. I’m not overjoyed by the jockey booking and I fail to see what recommendation the horse comes with here. So, it won lto on turf but has yet to prove that the AW suits, and its recent form has come over a furlong shorter. Habitual slow starter Memphis Man has been in cracking form on soft ground this year and comes here with a chance if finally getting to grips with this surface. Should be finishing with a wet sail but, with the track doubts, cannot be backed with any confidence at a short price. Based on old form, Royal Challenge has a massive chance tonight. Decent run lto when 6th in a race contested by Chatshow too. Finished 1.5L behind that rival that day but is theoretically 8lb better off with that rival, 1lb in the handicap and a further 7lb due to jockey arrangements. Has had 4 runs on the AW, running very creditably each time and this is arguably its best chance to date. Strathmore has been rapidly falling in the weights and ran its best race for some time lto here when 3rd from a similarly poor draw. However, that was a bunched finish and I am no great fan of its trainer, so I’ll be steering well clear. At a bigger price, Desert Light must have a super chance. Trainer is in brilliant form, and this horse has done nothing wrong recently. Drawn well today, races at right trip and should be better off going this way round rather than at Kempton last twice. Won 4 starts ago at this track in April, before a 3 month absence when coming back and finishing down the field, being denied a clear run. Another break and 2 runs at Kempton, finishing 5th both tries. The first was over an inadequate trip over 5f and it was blocked again, whilst lto had the worst of the draw and settled right at the back of the pack, never able to land a blow. Is better this way round and should go close today. Fish Called Jonny and High Reach are so badly out of form that I cannot see either getting involved, whilst both Diamond Josh and Noodledoodle are miles out of the handicap. Selection: Desert Light (E/W) NB: Royal Challenge (E/W) Lay: Registrar

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.