Mexico Apertura Final 8 - PLAYOFFS!

23/11/07 CRUZ AZUL VS ATLANTE Well here we go - into the final 8 of the best football league in the Concacaf region. The mighty Cruz Azul of Mexico City take on Atlante - two attacking teams with one sole intention - to be the Apertura Campeon! The home team have seemingly peaked at the correct time - beating Pachuca (the Clausura champs) 6-0 (!) on aggregate in an absolute shocking destruction in a playoff to get into the final 8. Pachuca were favourites to win the Apertura 3 months ago - and had some excellent players - so this performance was of high regard. I would take the home team for a straight win if not for their injuries/international absences going into the game. They have top scorer Sabah out with a leg strain - and their 3 Paraguay internationals Caniza, Riveros and Bonet are away for World Cup qualifying. Cesar Delgado - the former Boca striker is questionable for the match. Regardless - this team can attack like few others in this league and they have old dog of war Jared Borgetti who has 8 career goals Vs Atlante. 3 out of 5 overs at home - and a distinct motivation to score is essential for Azul tonight. Atlante are a suprise package this year - qualifying automatically for the Final 8 of the Apertura. 3rd highest scorers in the league part of this tournament 32 goals in 17 games - and 19 conceded. Overall a great attack with a poorish defence. Only 2 out of their last five away games went over - but the other 3 all had 2 goals. Their only miss is Maldonado - who scored a hattrick for Venezuela last night, in WC Qual'. However - he wasn't a guanateed starter Nkong has scored many goals in away games for Atlante. A key factor is that 4 out of the last 5 games between these two have gone over + the motivation is high to kill of be killed now. I go for over 2.5 with confidence. PICK - OVER 2.5 GOALS 1.79 @ BET365 (ADDITIONAL GOAL LINE SECTION) 5/10 GL

Re: Mexico Apertura LAST 4! 30/11/07 PUMAS UNAM VS SANTOS LAGUNA Semi-final first leg of the Apertura (Opening) league. The stats and importance of this match really speak for themselves. Pumas have no injury problems and are ready to fire according to their coach Ricardo Ferreti. After a very average start to the season, drawing a lot of games - Pumas have now exploded into action. They have won 4/5 at home - scoring 17 goals in 5 (including an 8-0 Vs the terrible Veracruz). Pumas have gone over in 6/10 games (4/5 at home) and have started to play attacking football as the season developed. They are positive at home, and are motivated to gain a clear advantage in this home leg. Santos are the revelation of the league. Going 11-5-1 in the league section - running away with the first part of the Apertura. This is even more exceptional taking into account that they were useless for the last 3 championships - almost getting relegated last year. They made some shrewd signings in pre-season - including Mexican national squad member Oswaldo Sanchez, Argentine forward Matias Vuoso, Ecuadorian international forward Christian Benitez and hardman defender Johnny Garcia. Under coach Daniel Guzman - they have been playing exciting attacking football. In 17 games - they scored 40 and conceded 22! They have gone over in 8/10 games (4/5 away - scoring 13 goals in 5 games!). They score and concede without abandon at times. h2h between these teams in 2007 is 3-2 Santos at home - 2-1 Pumas at home - both games over 2.5. All I can see here is two teams attacking - a good home team Vs the best team in the league in terms of scoring goals. This is the pinnacle of the season for both teams - often I am cautious in my predictions on PL - but all I can see is over 2.5 comfortably here. This I feel is a near gift. If you want to back this - or bet on this game you have 3 hours from when it is posted, U.K time start 3am. PICK: OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 1.95 PINNACLE SPORTS - 8/10 GL :hope

Re: Mexico Apertura Final 8 - PLAYOFFS!

Over in 54 mins! 3-0 to Pumas' date=' great performance against a strong Santos side. Hope some of you got on this. :ok[/quote'] I certainly followed you on this one, Matty, but only staked 100 points at 1,90 with bet365. got burnt with Nautico the night before and wouldn't dare a higher stake, shame........... Thanks and good luck :ok