** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Should I change my stakes?

I don't currently have a system but I go on hunches and advice from the guys here. Over 150 bets it's been serving me quite well. Starting bank : 1000pts P/L : + 712.54pts Number of bets : 153 Winning bets : 101 Losing bets : 52 Strike rate : 66.01% Yield : 12.25% Avg Odds : 1.97 Avg winning odds : 1.78 Avg stake : 38.02pts That's the results of using a staking plan whereby I use a confidence rating between 1 - 10 to determine my stake. A rating of 10 means I stake 5% of my current bank (which is rare). But I've checked what happens if I use a level staking plan of 5% of my starting bank and the results were as follows: Starting bank : 1000pts P/L : + 1259.01pts Number of bets : 153 Winning bets : 101 Losing bets : 52 Strike rate : 66.01% Yield : 16.46% Avg Odds : 1.97 Avg winning odds : 1.78 Avg stake : 50pts So here I've a better yield and a better profit. It seems that I should move towards level stakes but I just want to make sure before I go ahead with it. Is there anything to suggest staying with my current staking plan? And I know the sample is extremely small but that's all I've got at the moment. Thanks.

Re: Should I change my stakes? Have you thought about staking 5% of your current bank, as it stands after each bet? I presume your current bank is 1712.54pts. This would make your next bet 85.62pts. If you think this is a bit too aggressive then maybe 5% of starting bank plus 3% of current profit, which would make the next bet 71.37pts. Obviously every bet stake will be different due to profits rising or falling. Even more conservatively, 3% of starting bank plus 5% of current profit, making the next bet 65.62pts Whatever you decide to do, be comfortable with it, but you must maximize profits with a 66% strike rate. Good luck, wolf :ok