Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series & RWC Qualifiers

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series & RWC Qualifiers what happened to us? I read we were 20-10 up!! Were the other eam fitter as they didn't play last week perhaps? What's really funny is Papua New Guinea qualify automatically and even this obviously poor wales side thrashed them 50-10! are there going to be a few cricket scores in this RLWC???

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series & RWC Qualifiers

what happened to us? I read we were 20-10 up!! Were the other eam fitter as they didn't play last week perhaps? What's really funny is Papua New Guinea qualify automatically and even this obviously poor wales side thrashed them 50-10! are there going to be a few cricket scores in this RLWC???
They did play last week. Wales were just pathetic 2nd half and collapsed completely. As for the cricket scores, no because the 3 pools are based on strength. All the strong nations are in pool 1 and the weaker nations in pools 2 and 3.

They did play last week. Wales were just pathetic 2nd half and collapsed completely. As for the cricket scores' date=' no because the 3 pools are based on strength. All the strong nations are in pool 1 and the weaker nations in pools 2 and 3.[/quote'] so it's like a cup, a plate and a shield then?

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series & RWC Qualifiers how confusing, doesn't that mean you're better off being the 5th ranked team as you win group b and get through than you are the 4th as you'll lose group a and go out? any i guess it's all immaterial as australia will probably walk it as always!

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series & RWC Qualifiers Yep but equally 4th will fancy their chances of beating the big boys. They'll only have to beat 1 of them to qualify. Plus there's 5 in that group although one of them is PNG. Who knows whether Australia will win it. They never had it all their own way in the tri-nations over here 2/3 years ago. England are starting to put a decent side together and could be dangers.

Yep but equally 4th will fancy their chances of beating the big boys. They'll only have to beat 1 of them to qualify. Plus there's 5 in that group although one of them is PNG. Who knows whether Australia will win it. They never had it all their own way in the tri-nations over here 2/3 years ago. England are starting to put a decent side together and could be dangers.
If Australia put anything like a full strength side out they'll walk it. They are still head and shoulders above every other RL nation. The NRL is IMO the best sporting competition in the world.

If Australia put anything like a full strength side out they'll walk it. They are still head and shoulders above every other RL nation. The NRL is IMO the best sporting competition in the world.
Perhaps but it's a one off game and we saw in the Union version that funny things happen in 1 off games. Long way to go yet though, it's probably not even worth speculating over yet. Onto Saturday and it's the 3rd and final GB vs NZ Test match, this time at the JJB. 10pts GB -14 to beat NZ 10/11 Sportingbet Great Britain come into this match having already wrapped up the series courtesy of their 44-0 last week and I can see another thrashing on the cards for NZ here. Really they should have been thrashed twice but Britain wasted a hatful of chances at Huddersfield in game 1. Tony Smith has made 5 changes to the British side but I don't think we're weakened in any way, unlike New Zealand who will be without Shontayne Hape and Thomas Leuluai for this match, both out injured. The Kiwi's haven't been much better than pathetic in this series and with the plane home looking very attractive I can see the Lions sending them to the airport with another thrashing to their names.

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series & RWC Qualifiers I'm not betting tonight, but I think you've called it right Kev. GB will be all out to get the whitewash and set a marker down for the world cup next year. Always got to be a bit cautious with dead rubber games though

not having a go here, but i'm interested as to why you say this? I don't know much about it, what makes it special?