Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series & RWC Qualifiers

GB host NZ in a 3 match test series which begins at the Galpharm tonight.

odds/All oddsv15.gifv6004.gifv6140.gifv6074.gifv6143.gifv1.gifv6169.gifv6133.gifv6171.gifv6006.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6124.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv6001.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gifv6138.gif
Great Britain1.361.441.391.441.441.281.441.381.361.361.41.331.441.361.441.441.361.41.41.41.421.38
Draw21212721212121--212123-212121212119303020
New Zealand32.623.52.622.623.52.753.053.1532.753.252.832.752.7532.872.753.653.652.98
bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged."> Best price percentage: 100%, bookies only: 102%
Click on the odds to place a bet!
All odds checked since 12:12 BST
Britain are short odds to win the match which is fair enough but I'll go for 2 bets tonight. 10pts GB -6 to beat NZ 10/11 Stan James Great Britain come into this match at the start of a new era. Tony Smith has taken over as coach from Brian Noble and that's a move I really like. Tony Smith knows how to get the best out of players and his calm, relaxed approach should serve us well. He's picked a side which looks very strong and I can see Britain dominating this match from start to finish. The Kiwi's also have a newish coach in Gary Kemble but more importantly they need a new half back partnership after Nigel Vagana and Stacey Jones have departed. Thomas Leuluai and Lance Hohaia are in the halves tonight and if they don't click straight away it could be costly. Ruben Wiki is another who has retired and he's another big loss. The Kiwi's have already spiced up the occasion by claiming Britain's Adrian Morley is a maniac after a high tackle last week but I can see that only firing up the British squad. New Zealand were trounced 58-0 by the Aussies 2 weeks ago admittedly with the Kiwi's having only 12 men for much of the match but I think Britain could also take them to the sword tonight. A Britain win by enough to cover the handicap is the call here. 10pts Over 42.5pts 9/10 Sporting Odds A lot of international matches are hard fought, tough encounters but I can see Britain really dominating tonight and stamping their authority on the match early and then playing with freedom and scoring a few tries which equals a few points. The Kiwi's themselves should notch up a few points, while they are recovering from injuries and retirements, in the likes of Shontayne Hape and Tame Tupou, they still possess good attacking options. Hopefully we'll get an early try in the game which should open it right up and we'll see enough points to cover this total.

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series First time I've felt confident about a GB win (and a series win) for a long time, but only because NZ are poor. A rprice of just 2.8 on a GB series whitewash says it all really. I've got 10pts on the GB-GB duble result at 10/11 (stan james) as the -6 handicap appears to have been shortened to 4/5.

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series

_44202386_maurie_pa.jpg Mauri Fa'asavalu What is this blatant cheating :lol
HAHA.. say's the Welshman who is also defending the Celtic Crusaders :lol:lol:lol black-teapot.preview.jpg I thought GB played well on Saturday but baring in mind that the NZ full back completely made a bollocks of Rob Burrow's kick for Rayner's try I think NZ might be worth considering this week. GB for some reason have a great record at Huddersfield and could find things a bit more difficult this week

HAHA.. say's the Welshman who is also defending the Celtic Crusaders :lol:lol:lol black-teapot.preview.jpg I thought GB played well on Saturday but baring in mind that the NZ full back completely made a bollocks of Rob Burrow's kick for Rayner's try I think NZ might be worth considering this week. GB for some reason have a great record at Huddersfield and could find things a bit more difficult this week
:lol. I agree with you regarding Saturday mate although Burgess being allowed to play is big. What a cock up from the NZ full back for Raynor's try :rollin. Britain should've won that by much more with the amount of breaks we made.

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series Agreed about Burgess, NZ seemed fired up for this one and depending on the coupon I'm thinking of backing them and a small stake on the outright if I'm being honest. It would cue up a decider the following week if it was 1-1 ;)

HAHA.. say's the Welshman who is also defending the Celtic Crusaders :lol:lol:lol
Celtic Crusaders are not supposed to be a national side are they :eyes Are folks down at "The Chris Moyles Stadium" (:lol snigger :lol) still bitter about Celtic winning the league then? ;)

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series No, Celtic aren't a national side but your saying GB are cheating so I'm just pointing out that you like to defend Celtic who cheat but only on different rules. i.e. salary cap etc. Bitter about Celtic winning? No not at all, had a wonderful day out at Headingley in front of 18,000 seeing us get promoted not 300 people up at Gateshead ;) You might take the piss out of our ground's name but the publicity trick has worked wonders.

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series I would'nt put anyhting on us to win this week,if anything I expect us to get really hammered,sorry to say. The Kiwis have been in camp now for almost a month and we have one playmaker and not much else,while GB have been in camp for only two weeks now and will get even better with Sinfield and McGuire added in to the side. Headhigh or not Burgess played well and the confidence flowing in the Lions should grow this week and they should really put us away this week,they were good last week for a side with only one week to get ready for the test and after that performance should really fire up this week and put us through the cleaners,Don't forget we only have Leuliuai as our only playmaker while the British have Byrrow,Sinfield,Newton,Price and Senior was quiet last week and could have a blinder against us this week,he has an amasing record against us and I think he might put a couple on the board for the Lions this week. The Headhigh decision was shocking but it's part and percel of the game,it's a hard sport,i've been head highed and stiff armed a few times,it happens,I reckon Burgess did'nt go in with intent and although he should of been suspended,he was'nt.The Lions will lift on that decision and I also know from speaking to a few pf the players that they want to smack the Lions around this weekend and thats another reason to go for the Lions to win big,the one thing the Lions did'nt do last week was offload in the tackle,if our boys are looking for big hits this week,I bet they will. Good Luck with your punting Guys,GB to win by 14 for me this week if not more,in fact it could be a pants down smacking.:spank:spank:spank

No, Celtic aren't a national side but your saying GB are cheating so I'm just pointing out that you like to defend Celtic who cheat but only on different rules. i.e. salary cap etc. Bitter about Celtic winning? No not at all, had a wonderful day out at Headingley in front of 18,000 seeing us get promoted not 300 people up at Gateshead ;) You might take the piss out of our ground's name but the publicity trick has worked wonders.
fair enough. i'm not a real Celtic fan, but i'll check out their matches when they're on sky. i thought you were referring to the huge number of aussies in the side, i didn't know about any other supposed cheating but the impression i get from RL fans on here is that they are above the law as Superleague is desperate to them in, in a desperate attempt to expand the game. If Celtic do make SL, where will they play - Brewery Field still? Not exactly top class is it? Still, atleast it isn't named after a fat loud mouth DJ :lol ;).

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series Here is an unusual one chaps. Tonight Skysports 3 - Lebanon vs Ireland :lol I'm going to look in to the teams but the game is at Dewsbury and Ireland are -6, if I'm honest I'm very tempted just to plunge on Ireland here but better do some research on the teams :ok I'll post more later

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series Haven't seen the teams yet but from what I can gather Lebanon are in the main Sydney based and second generation Lebanese. They have recently beaten Russia 48-0 in Russia where as Ireland beat Russia the week before 58-12 (or 18, I can't remember). Last year Ireland played Lebanon (in Lebanon) and drew 18-18. The majority of Ireland's team comes from the national league's over here, once I've found a team I'll post it up :)

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series Right folks,

Whoever wins the game qualifies for the World Cup next year down under, the losers go into another knockout tourney later this month with the winner of that going to the World Cup. Samoa, USA and either Scotland or Wales will play in this final qualifying tournament with Samoa favs (yes it’s complicated). So both teams have plenty to play for tonight.

I haven’t been able to find a squad for each team but from what I understand Lebanon have a few players who play reserve grade NRL which is probably the same standard (or maybe better?) than National League over here. They have a player who at one time played for St George and unfortunately for them have 3 or 4 players who play in NRL but their club refused them permission to play. They also have a sprinkling of players who play domestically in Lebanon. They appear to be a tidy side with their Australian roots and are big side.

The game is being played at Dewsbury and I’d expect quite a few Irish there to be honest as there. Andy Kelly is coach of Ireland (and if I’m not mistaken Barrie McDermott is the assistant coach). Andy Kelly is the coach of Dewsbury (so virtually a home game for him) and is a decent lower league coach. From what I remember, he was coach when Wakefield got promoted to Super League. I can’t find a squad for them but Skybet have a first try scorer market so I’m having to use that. I’ve picked out names I recognise and know a bit about.

It appears in their ranks are Damien Blanch (an aussie) who was previously at Castleford, moved to Widnes and has recently signed for Wakefield on the wing. He’s quite a good player and definitely Super League standard. He scored a hat trick last time out for the Irish.

Gavin Dodd is also from Widnes, a goal kicking winger.

Sean Gleeson, - Wakefield centre

Littler – Centre for Salford

Grix – Played for Widnes last season, scored 18 tries in 22 games

Paul Handforth – Scrum half for Featherstone, very good intelligent player who has super league experience with Castleford and Wakefield

Liam Finn – half back/ loose forward for Dewsbury. Ex Fev and Wakefield – points machine

Stewart – I think this is the ex saints winger at Leigh

They also have Mick Cassidy, Paul Presscot (Wigan) Bob Beswick (widnes).

I’m really tempted to back Ireland -6 but because I don’t know the standard of Lebanese rugby I’m going to be cautious and back Ireland at 4/9.

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series 2nd test at the KFC Stadium tomorrow. Just the one for me. 10pts NZ +12 to beat Great Britain 10/11 Blue Square Great Britain head to the KFC 1-0 up in the series and they know a win here gives them the series which would be their 1st outright series win since 1993 so there's a bit to achieve for this lot. New Zealand will be hell bent to take this series to Wigan next week very much alive. Tony Smith has made a few changes to the Britain side and I'm not overly sure they make us stronger in truth. Jon Clarke gets a debut at hooker which some feel is well deserved but you'd have to say he's 3rd choice hooker with Newton and Roby having played that role in Huddersfield. Neither are available here though. In fact Roby, Man of Steel lest we forget, could be a big loss for Britain because he's a real live wire. Dropping Sam Burgess to the bench is an interesting move too. New Zealand have brought in Clinton Toopi for Tame Tupou who is injured. Shontayne Hape moves to the wing. Whether New Zealand will win or not I'm not sure, but one thing they are certain to do is compete for 80 mins with the series on the line. If they go down I'm certain they'll do so within this 2 try handicap.

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series WHITEWASH What a performance from Great Britain. Tony Smith is a genius to get a team of players to perform like that. Winning would have been enough but to absolutely destroy them and stop them scoring is something else. Every one of them - take a bow. :notworthy

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series That was the match I thought was happen in the 1st test. Feel a bit for NZ there because the ref cost them bigtime early doors. At least 3 of GB's tries came from dodgy decisions. That said though we were brilliant. As I said in my 1st test writeup, I really rate Tony Smith as a coach and the signs are under him we'll go far. Towards the end NZ looked gone. We'll win the series 3-0 next week.

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series & RWC Qualifiers The Repechage series for the final Rugby League World Cup spot begins this evening and the 2nd of the two matches sees Wales take on Lebanon. 10pts Wales (-6) to beat Lebanon 10/11 Stan James Wales will feel they should be in the World Cup already having only lost out by 5pts to Scotland last week and they had plenty of chances to get that elusive try which would have booked their place in Australia. Lebanon also narrowly missed out last week when they drew with Ireland and both get the chance to go 1 step closer to the World Cup tonight. It won't be easy for Lebanon though, they took a bit of stick in that game last week and of the side which played Ireland, 3 have gone home injured while 7 more are nursing knocks meaning it will be a much changed Lebanon side tonight. Wales have Iestyn Harris in their ranks and hope Lee Briers will be fit. Ex Super League man Adam Hughes is also in their side and Martin Hall's side should be too strong for Lebanon, so much so that I expect them to win and cover the handicap in the process.

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series & RWC Qualifiers The winners of the semi-final matches will compete at Featherstone Rovers' Chris Moyles Stadium on Wednesday, 14 November for the 10th and final World Cup spot. Is that for real? Has the fat one gone out on sponsored what was the famous Post Office Road??

Re: Rugby League: Great Britain vs New Zealand Test Series & RWC Qualifiers

The winners of the semi-final matches will compete at Featherstone Rovers' Chris Moyles Stadium on Wednesday, 14 November for the 10th and final World Cup spot. Is that for real? Has the fat one gone out on sponsored what was the famous Post Office Road??
Yep. Punto83 loves it:lol:lol Better than wakeys atlantic solutions stadium a couple of years back. Or the ASS as it was affectionately known:lol