Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard)

Review 2006 Federer Wins Madrid Title space.gif Roger Federer crushed Fernando Gonzalez 7-5, 6-1, 6-0 to win the Mutua Madrilena Masters Madrid final for his 10th title of the year. The ATP World No. 1 became the first player in the Open Era to win 10 or more titles in a season for three consecutive years. In doubles, Stanford ATP Doubles Race leaders Bob and Mike Bryan denied two-time defending champions Daniel Nestor and Mark Knowles a fourth Madrid title in five years when they defeated their rivals 7-5, 6-4. Singles Final: (1)R Federer (SUI) d (10)F Gonzalez (CHI) 75 61 60 Doubles Final: (1)Bryan/Bryan d (3)Knowles/Nestor 75 64

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) Monday 15/10/ Igor Andreev - Juan Monaco Jürgen Melzer - Robby Ginepri Jarkko Nieminen - Stefan Koubek Potito Starace - Juan Martin Del Potro Mario Ancic - Marc Giquel Radek Stepanek - Andy Murray Marcos Baghdatis - Andrej Pavel Feliciano Lopez - Filippo Volandri Fernando Verdasco - Albert Montanes Thusday 16/10/ David Nalbandian - Arnaud Clement Dimitry Tursunov - Augustin Calleri Ivo Karlovic - Marat Safin Juan Carlos Ferrero - Alejandro Falla Nicolas Almagro - Fabrice Santoro Nicolas Kiefer - Stanislas Wawrinka Paul-Henrie Mathieu - Mardy Fish

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) Just a couple of outright tips from me. I fully expect the Fed to reach the final therefore I'll look at the otherside the draw. Novak Djokovic @ 7.5 - this kid is awesome. I think everyone knows that now! To see him at longer odds than Nadal on some sites is crazy. He has won yet another tournament this week on hard court and I fully expect him to be the one in the final with Fed. Tomas Berdych @ 67 - this is more of a saver because I believe he'll play Novak in the semis. Berdman made the semis here last year losing to Gonzalez. While he is in Nadals 1/4, he is one of the few players who Nadal struggles against with 3-0 record to Berdych on hardcourts including this tournament last year. Berdych played brilliantly until he retired in the US Open and has been playing some solid tennis over the last few weeks reaching two semi finals in a row. If he can keep his head, these odds look way too big. GL

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard)

EventIgor Andreev - Juan Monaco
SelectionIgor Andreev
Strength10/10
Date15/10/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetDirect @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningBoth play pretty similiar game but I choose to bet on Andreev because he was the more impressive last week beating players like Mahut and Safin.
EventJürgen Melzer - Robby Ginepri
SelectionRobby Ginepri
Strength10/10
Date15/10/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 1.62 (Back)
ReasoningMelzer looked really poor blowing a set and a break against Chela and has never been able to do anything descent at the Masters events while Ginepri has s good record here. SF 2005 (lost to Nadal) and QF 2006 (lost to Federer)

EventMario Ancic - Marc Gicquel
SelectionMarc Gicquel
Strength10/10
Date15/10/2007
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningAncic showed up a good display last week with a great serve but after an excellent first set he always begun to get tired and started to have problems in the rallies. Gicquel hasnt done much lately but usually performs well indoor at the end of the year and he has a good serve that could keep the match tight.
EventRadek Stepanek - Andy Murray
SelectionRadek Stepanek
Strength10/10
Date15/10/2007
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.40 (Back)
ReasoningEven though Murray loves to play a target to pass and probably will have the advantage in every baseline rally he's lately often let down by poor serving and showed once again against Tipsy last week what a headcase he is.

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) Nieminen - Koubek Both players with not the best restults on hard in 2007. Koubek with a good start in Vienna versus Moya but he can´t enter the third round, out versus F.Lopez 2-1. He defeated versus Grosjean also in Round 2 of Metz and finished Mumbai after the third round versus Gasquet. Nieminen with an excellent 30-14 in the last season on hard hasn´t the best time on hard in this year. First round out at Tokyo versus Pashinski (90) and a third round out versus Santoro (43) at Mumbai. In his last start in Stockholm he was defeated by Blake (7) in Round 3. The H2H is 2-0 for Nieminen. Both meetings were in 2003 On clay and carpet. Koubek with a 20-25 this year and the Finn with 28-24 in 2007. I think it will be a 3-set-match. It´s hard to predict a winner here but imo the finn has some advantage.

SelectionRadek Stepanek
Strength10/10
Date15/10/2007
ReasoningEven though Murray loves to play a target to pass and probably will have the advantage in every baseline rally he's lately often let down by poor serving and showed once again against Tipsy last week what a headcase he is.
for me it´s also a 3-set-match (1.90 bwin). But Murray is the favourite for me. He has an excellent balance on hard last year and a very good balance in 2007 in total. I think it´ll be a 2-1 for Murray. :dude

Quote:
SelectionRadek Stepanek
Strength10/10
Date15/10/2007
for me it´s also a 3-set-match (1.90 bwin). But Murray is the favourite for me. He has an excellent balance on hard last year and a very good balance in 2007 in total. I think it´ll be a 2-1 for Murray. :dude
watched Murray - Stepanek. Excellent performance by the british youngster. Hard fight in the first set and Murray pushed himself in the start of the second one and Stepanek made a few unforced errors too much and lost the fancy to play. 4-0 two breaks for Murray and Stepanek closed the match for himself. Murray with this performance is good enough to enter the SF!
Nieminen - Koubek Both players with not the best restults on hard in 2007. Koubek with a good start in Vienna versus Moya but he can´t enter the third round, out versus F.Lopez 2-1. He defeated versus Grosjean also in Round 2 of Metz and finished Mumbai after the third round versus Gasquet. Nieminen with an excellent 30-14 in the last season on hard hasn´t the best time on hard in this year. First round out at Tokyo versus Pashinski (90) and a third round out versus Santoro (43) at Mumbai. In his last start in Stockholm he was defeated by Blake (7) in Round 3. The H2H is 2-0 for Nieminen. Both meetings were in 2003 On clay and carpet. Koubek with a 20-25 this year and the Finn with 28-24 in 2007. I think it will be a 3-set-match. It´s hard to predict a winner here but imo the finn has some advantage.
main bet 3-sets are through :ok

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) Thuesday 16/10/ [update] Nalbandian - Arnaud Clement Dimitry Tursunov - Augustin Calleri Ivo Karlovic - Marat Safin Juan Carlos Ferrero - Alejandro Falla Nicolas Almagro - Fabrice Santoro Nicolas Kiefer - Stanislas Wawrinka Paul-Henrie Mathieu - Mardy Fish Tommy Haas - Juan Monaco Roger Federer - Robby Ginepri Juan Ignacio Chela - Andy Murray

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) Almagro - Santoro Almagro isn´t the best player on hard court. 1-6 in the last year. This season was a bit better he came into the 3rd round of New York, was defeated by Federer in Cincinnatti in the QF but also lost in the first round of Vienna versus Mardy Fish and in the tourney on hard before in the first round versus Bolleli. Santoro with a 9-13 on hard in the last year showed good efforts in this year in Mumbai when he came into the SF and lost versus Gasquet.But also his last two tournaments on hard were first round outs. At Metz versus Andreev an excellent hard player and Moscow versus Lapentti . I predict that this match will be tight and they will go over 3 sets. - 3 sets - more than 21.5 points

EventIvo Karlovic - Marat Safin
SelectionIvo Karlovic
Strength10/10
Date16/10/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 1.57 (Back)
ReasoningA possible scenario today will be that Safin will be unable to toch Karlovic serve, get frustrated and begin to make unforced errors, like he has been doing the latest month each time things dont go his way.

Almagro - Santoro Almagro isn´t the best player on hard court. 1-6 in the last year. This season was a bit better he came into the 3rd round of New York, was defeated by Federer in Cincinnatti in the QF but also lost in the first round of Vienna versus Mardy Fish and in the tourney on hard before in the first round versus Bolleli. Santoro with a 9-13 on hard in the last year showed good efforts in this year in Mumbai when he came into the SF and lost versus Gasquet.But also his last two tournaments on hard were first round outs. At Metz versus Andreev an excellent hard player and Moscow versus Lapentti . I predict that this match will be tight and they will go over 3 sets. - 3 sets - more than 21.5 points
6-4 6-4 :( :( watched the match. Santoro too passive in this match and Almagro with important breaks in the first and the second set.

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) wednesday 17/10/ F.Gonzalez - Nicolas Almagro Guillermo Canas - Augustin Calleri David Ferrer - Feliciano Lopez Ivo Karlovic - Oscar Hernandez Tomas Berdych - David Nalbandian Carlos Moya - Juan Carlos Ferrero Richard Gasquet - Paul-Henrie Mathieu James Blake - Mario Ancic Ivan Ljubicic - Stefan Koubek Novak Djokovic - Fernando Verdasco Michkail Youzhny - Nicolas Kiefer Rafael Nadal - Marcos Baghdatis

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) a treble for me this morning Tomas Berdych to beat David Nalbandian Ivo Karlovic vs. Oscar Hernandez 2 sets Fernando Gonzalez to beat Nicolas Almagro Berdych - Nalbandian Berdych looks better on hard than the Gaucho for me. Berdych on 11th in ATP ranking with more games in this season and the better results. Karlovic - Hernandez Karlovic won Stockholm and was in the SF of Tokyo before. Before Tokyo he entered the QF of Bankok. He beat a lot of good players this last three tournaments like Haar, Clement, Hewitt aso. Hernandez came by bye in the second round but he´s ore a Challenger and Double player. Don´t know how he came on position 54 of ATP ranking. That´ll be an easier job for Karlovic. Gonzalez - Almagro Watched Almagro yesterday versus Santoro. He played good ans solid tennis but not good enough to beat the 6th in ranking. Gonzalez with a 32-19 in this season has all chances to enter the final. But he need points to be sure and thatswhy I think he´ll show good tennis versus the 22 years old spanish boy. Q: 2.47 S: medium

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) Agree with chiqo about Karlovic and Berdych.But way odds are so big on Berdych:eek,Berdych want top 8,Nalba isnt so motivated,Berdych has better serve,Berdych likes this surface more,Berdych is in better form.Nalba time has passed he is not more Top player,but Berdych is,ne still have chance for Beijing.Clear win for me-Thomas Berdych(odds around 1.7) Other picks from me are :Ivo Karlovic in two sets to beat Hernandez and Richard Gasquet to beat Mathieu.Also i will try on Carlos Moya,odds are good.

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Nadal - Murray
Selection Murray
Strength 10/10
Date 18/10/2007
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.88 (Back)
Reasoning Definitely worth a shot.Murray seems to get over his injury and now he is playing really well.Impressive win against Stepanek and Chela.He has all it takes to win over Nadal.Nice odds.
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Monaco - Gonzalez
Selection Monaco
Strength 10/10
Date 18/10/2007
Bookmaker/Price BetDirect @ 2.63 (Back)
Reasoning Another surprise here from Monaco is very probable.He is in good shape with nice matches against Andreev and Haas.And Gonzo is not looking that impressive to me.Monaco is worth a shot at those odds.
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Radwanska - Hantuchova
Selection Radwanska
Strength 10/10
Date 18/10/2007
Bookmaker/Price BetDirect @ 2.63 (Back)
Reasoning This is more like 50/50 match imho.Radwanska impressed me with her win against Peer and if she can keep her tennis on this level then she is more than capable of winning against Daniela.
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Schnyder - Schiavone
Selection Schiavone
Strength 10/10
Date 18/10/2007
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.62 (Back)
Reasoning Schnyder won her previous match only because Serena was injured and with her current form I can't believe she is such a big favourite here.Schiavone is leading h2h 4:3.All matches were played on hard and those matches were never easy for Patty so I don't know from where bookies got this price for Schiavone win.I'm going to try this.

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) Hi guys, following pick for today: WTA TOUR, ZURICH SCHIAVONE TO D SCHNYDER @ 2.9 at betfair I have no idea why Schnyder is a favorite in this match: she is in an average form and she was not at good form in 2007 at all. Schiavone has won their last match 2 months ago and has 4:3 H2H record overall with 3:1 in their last 4 matches. Schnyder loves playing in front of her home crowd, but still it looks like a 50/50 match for me.

Berdych - Nalbandian Berdych looks better on hard than the Gaucho for me. Berdych on 11th in ATP ranking with more games in this season and the better results. Karlovic - Hernandez Karlovic won Stockholm and was in the SF of Tokyo before. Before Tokyo he entered the QF of Bankok. He beat a lot of good players this last three tournaments like Haar, Clement, Hewitt aso. Hernandez came by bye in the second round but he´s ore a Challenger and Double player. Don´t know how he came on position 54 of ATP ranking. That´ll be an easier job for Karlovic. Gonzalez - Almagro Watched Almagro yesterday versus Santoro. He played good ans solid tennis but not good enough to beat the 6th in ranking. Gonzalez with a 32-19 in this season has all chances to enter the final. But he need points to be sure and thatswhy I think he´ll show good tennis versus the 22 years old spanish boy.
Berdych :wall Karlovic with easy two sets versus hernandez, Gonzalez won versus Almagro but Berdych ... :@

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) Ancic - Mathieu an interessting match today. Mathieu is hot after he entered the final in moscow and lost versus Davydenko (4). Ancic kicked out Blake and Gicquel in Round 2 and 3 of this tournament. Mathieu defeated Mardy Fish and Richard Gasquet. Both come into the 4th round with good efforts and it´ll be a tight match. Mathieu beat the croatian on hard at Canada in 2 sets. One year before won Ancic also on hard court at Indian Wells in 2 sets. -- no bet for me but my feeling say that the french man will win this match

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) another treble today and I hope that the boys will do their home work today. Rafael Nadal - Andy Murray over 22.5 points Ivo Karlovic - Nicolas Kiefer 3 sets David Nalbandian - Del Porto 3 sets Nadal - Murray Nadal at home versus a very good Andy Murray. The over is a value for me here. Karlovic - Kiefer Karlovic beat Hernandez in 2 sets and Kiefer beat the russian Youhzny also in 2 sets but both showed good efforts in their 3 round matches and I predict that they´ll play a great match today with more than 2 sets. Kiefer could take the surprise and beat Karlovic but the 3 sets are saver imo. Nalbandian - Del Porto Nalbandian beat Berdych yesterday 2-1 and I watched him versus Clement in Round 2. He´s solid with a good play and i´m sure that he beat Del Porto but Del Porto is underestimated for me. He come into the 4th round with wins over Robredo and Starace - not the easiest way... 3 sets with a 2-1 for the Gaucho. good luck :ok

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) F.Lopez - Koubek 1,6 koubek won against ljubicic, but anybody can do that lately and that doesnd show nothing mine opinion is that he sucks becouse result should be 2:0 for koubek but he is not player on the level and lopez will win this for sure.he is in good form momently

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) Randall, Im on with you today with Murray. I know Chela cannot be compared in the same class as nadal but murray won over 50% of chelas service points. The odds for Murray are value.... Looks as tho koubek beat ljubicic lol...I think his illness from a few weeks back has screwed ljubicic and his not fit.

Re: Tennis: ATP Madrid (hard) Karlovic with 15 aces and only one double errors and Kiefer with 3 aces and 6 double errors and Kiefer won the first set. 7-6 in the first set 4-3 in the second set but Karlovic isn´t motivated at the moment. I hope he come back and get the break for set 3 :hope