can an amateur be sponsored and still be an amateur?

teaulc

Re: can an amateur be sponsored and still be an amateur? hehe - presume this is the perenial APAT debate? By APAT's definition, still an amateur :ok If his full time employment is not poker related, then I would consider them an amateur player in every sense - you were sponsored to play at WSOP - are you an amateur or a pro? ;)

Re: can an amateur be sponsored and still be an amateur?

hehe - presume this is the perenial APAT debate? By APAT's definition, still an amateur :ok If his full time employment is not poker related, then I would consider them an amateur player in every sense - you were sponsored to play at WSOP - are you an amateur or a pro? ;)
definitely an amateur,,,but see where you are coming from,,cheers trev:ok

Re: can an amateur be sponsored and still be an amateur?

Alan you were sponsored at the WSOP this year and you definitely played them like an amateur :lol
ah,but the experience was incalcuble,(wrong spelling i think)..it has taken a couple of months for that experience to come through but i am really happy with my poker at the moment and it seems to have been noticed,but early days yet