Paradise Poker League

GaF

Unfortunately some bad news - the October Paradise League will be the last monthly league with Paradise for the time being. It will not continue in November. I would like to extend sincere thanks to all of the team at Paradise for the support they have provided PL over the last 2 years or so, and for the added value and opportunities they have provided to our players. I hope we have all enjoyed the regular PL Leagues they have given us. Please join me in sending your thanks to the team at Paradise :ok We had a great turnout last night - lets keep it going for the whole month and show them what they are missing ;) - with some luck we'll be back as good as ever in no time :ok

Re: Paradise Poker League I concur - paradise (and their previous incarnation as Sporting odds) have been excellent supporters of punterslounge and we all owe them a big round of applause :clap:clap:clap It was via the old (open) $ challenge that I found out about punterslounge in December 2005 after making a couple of final tables and seeing everyone going PL PARRRRRRRRRRRRRTY all the time! so being inquisitve I asked what they were on about (as did penelopy - we joined about the same time) - so without the $ challenge I wouldn't be here (and to think that is close to 2 years ago now!) Will miss the $ challenge, it was always a must play night, even when little one was first here, the missus always gave me a night off to play Hoping that PL and paradise work together in the future. Damo

Unfortunately some bad news - the October Paradise League will be the last monthly league with Paradise for the time being. It will not continue in November. I would like to extend sincere thanks to all of the team at Paradise for the support they have provided PL over the last 2 years or so, and for the added value and opportunities they have provided to our players. I hope we have all enjoyed the regular PL Leagues they have given us. Please join me in sending your thanks to the team at Paradise :ok We had a great turnout last night - lets keep it going for the whole month and show them what they are missing ;) - with some luck we'll be back as good as ever in no time :ok

Re: Paradise Poker League Lol.... Thanks for leaving us Paradise :clap:clap :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Seriously though it's a shame from a PL perspective to lose an exclusive like this but it's safe to assume this isn't due to the failures of PL but in fact the failures of Paradise which have been evident recently. And everyone says their customer service is a disgrace too. But they did give us added value :) Oops... was i supposed to kiss their arse? ;) Thanks to the PL Mods though, great as always :D

Re: Paradise Poker League

(otherwise' date=' I'll have to watch Holby City with the wife!!:wall)[/quote'] Nope, you're safe HH - that's on Tuesdays. :ok Well there goes my poker profit. :sad With the demise of Champions League and Safety Net, this is the only regular game I play on SO/Paradise these days, and has made the difference between profit and loss for me many a month. A shame, as I would consider SO my home site, where I won my first ever few cents, made my first deposit, had my PB (until last month), and at one time played on most days. :cry Looks like I'll be withdrawing most of my balance and sticking it in Virgin instead, which has alarmingly dropped through trying to qualify for Brum :wall Thanks to everyone at SO/Paradise and to the PL team. :clap Hope I'll be moving funds back again soon.

Re: Paradise Poker League Paradise :clap:clap:clap:clap- obviously I'm unhappy that they've decided to stop the Wednesday games, but they have been an oasis in the desert for many of us, and I wish them well, they have been a generous host. I shall continue to play there (50Up is still excellent value) and keep an eye open for some of the excellent promotions they tend to offer.

is the 1k freeroll going ahead then gaf? or have they binned that as well m8?
That's arranged by Paul, through someone else - my assumption is that that is unaffected.... (though I think Paul has binned the idea of a freeroll and will look at something else....)

Re: Paradise Poker League Sad news indeed. :sadAs others have said, my introduction to PL was via the old Champions League (Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday), an intrigue as to waht was meant by "PL cccchhhaaarrrggeee", and a desire to get an up-to-date table from Avon Girl when the old SO site was at least 2 legs (and the rest) behind. I even played the old $1 challenge on a Wednesday as a pre-PL punter, little knowing then of the added value, and puzzled to know why it was such a tight game for $1 :loon. They've been good supporters of PL, and over 60 players in the Wednesday game is testament to the interest throughout PL. Still, as someone alse said, onwards and upwards - next year Rodney, millionaires.

Sad news indeed. :sadAs others have said, my introduction to PL was via the old Champions League (Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday), an intrigue as to waht was meant by "PL cccchhhaaarrrggeee", and a desire to get an up-to-date table from Avon Girl when the old SO site was at least 2 legs (and the rest) behind. I even played the old $1 challenge on a Wednesday as a pre-PL punter, little knowing then of the added value, and puzzled to know why it was such a tight game for $1 :loon. Similair story here :clap to paradise for inadvertently sending me this way.

Re: Paradise Poker League Thanks SO/paradise and the PL mods for these excellent leagues... :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Going to seriously miss them as this was the only league on PL I played and one of the very first sites I played at (I had my first ever cash in the safety net for $2)!!! :sad... thanks SO! Looking forward to an exciting replacement... :hope Signed ''1-of-the-fish''