Horse Racing Newbie here...few questions :)

Hey guys, i have been betting online for few years on soccer and US sports and i am now considering learning about horse racing. I have few questions, if someone can take some mins to reply i'd be glad :cheers 1) What's the first bookie to put up the odds for races? At what time of the morning do they start offering odds? 2) I've read this term PMU...what does it mean? 3) Is there any place online where i can watch the races live? Again thanks to all the guys who'll take some time to help me :) Glad to join such a good forum/community and good luck all for your bets :ok

Re: Horse Racing Newbie here...few questions :) Rhadamantis, Welcome to the PL, might be wise to search some threads in this section, there are many discussions about betting and many questions have been asked by novices wishing to learn about Horse Racing. Just use the search facility at the top. In answer to your 3 questions, i'll do my best but i'm sure others will offer their views too. 1) The betting exchanges like Betfair bet from the night before, the liquidity can be fairly low but prices are available. The main bookmakers like Hills, Laddies, Corals, Bet365 etc.. bet from about 10 am and earlier on the big races. Might be worth checking on http://www.odds-comparison.co.uk/ from about 9.30 onwards. 2) PMU is the 'Pari-Mutuel' Its the Tote Betting service only used in French Racing, no bookmakers in France. 3) At The Races have live coverage from 30 of the 59 racecourses in the UK, you can watch live races on their website http://www.attheraces.com i thinks its £9.99 a month or you can watch them free after the event. The Racing Post do have a video service but not sure what they charge. Hope this helps a bit, good luck anyway BH

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.