Cricket: Sri Lanka vs England ODI Series

A 5 match ODI series begins in Dambulla in the morning.

Best odds/All oddsv15.gifv6131.gifv6140.gifv6074.gifv6006.gifv6141.gifv3.gifv6002.gifv502.gifv6001.gifv6005.gifv401.gif
Sri Lanka1.281.281.351.331.33SP1.281.281.281.361.361.38
Draw-2127-17SP1721-213022
England3.53.753.4533.25SP3.53.53.53.253.63.6
October 2007
Mon 1 daynight-newicon_27x11.gif 14:30 local, 09:00 GMT 1st ODI - Sri Lanka v England Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium Reserve Day 2nd Oct
Thu 4 daynight-newicon_27x11.gif 14:30 local, 09:00 GMT 2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v England Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium Reserve Day 5th Oct
Sun 7 daynight-newicon_27x11.gif 14:30 local, 09:00 GMT 3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v England Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium Reserve Day 8th Oct
Wed 10 daynight-newicon_27x11.gif 14:30 local, 09:00 GMT 4th ODI - Sri Lanka v England R.Premadasa Stadium, Khettarama, Colombo Reserve Day 11th Oct
Sat 13 daynight-newicon_27x11.gif 14:30 local, 09:00 GMT 5th ODI - Sri Lanka v England R.Premadasa Stadium, Khettarama, Colombo Reserve Day 14th Oct
I was tempted with the 5-0 Sri Lanka but these are all D/N's so the conditions should go England's way at least once. Instead I'm just having one outright but it's a fairly big one for me. 6pts I.Bell Top England Series Runscorer 10/3 Blue Square Ian Bell is playing superb one day cricket these days and could genuinely call himself our best one day batsman currently. Sure Kevin Pietersen will always be a danger in this sort of market but Bell had a terrific series against India and has already kicked off with a century in the warm up match on this tour. Alistair Cook will be another danger but with Bell batting at 3 in the series he'll have every chance of keeping within Cook and by the same token it's in his hands if he stays ahead of those below him. Phil Mustard's a springer in the market but I'm confident after these 5 matches Ian Bell won't be far away.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs England ODI Series I'll start with 3 for the 1st ODI. 10pts England Highest 1st 15 Overs 6/5 Betfred Taking a bit of a risk here but in theory both sides are set up the same so it's all about who performs the best in their role. England have Phil Mustard opening for them in this match and he's the kind of no nonsense cricketer who I think can succeed in the dasher role up top. Alistair Cook and Ian Bell solidify England early doors and KP can crack it if required. Sri Lanka go with Jayasuriya as the dasher with solidity from Tharanga and Sangakkara. Jayawardene backs those 3 up. Normally I wouldn't go anywhere near England in a 1st 15 over bet but they were shot out for 80 odd last time they played here so they'll be out to address that memory. It's also a day nighter which brings it closer together still and Broad and Anderson bowled wonderfully well in the ODI series in England in the summer. Again we've enough positives going for us to suggest odds against is value and I'll go for England after 15. 10pts D.Fernando's Performance Pts 40&Over 10/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Dilhara Fernando has taken 24 wickets against England in ODI's in his 11 matches against them and only twice has he failed to take 2 wickets. He bowled superbly in the recent Twenty20 world cup and he could be hard to get away here. England might have it in for him after the last ball of the world cup match between the two sides which could give Fernando the opportunity for extra wickets. He'll bowl in the powerplays where cheap wickets can be gained and now that Sri Lanka will get a new ball after 35 overs he might well be even harder to get away at the death. We need 2 wickets which shouldn't be a problem really if the past is anything to go by and I'm confident Fernando will get the required 40pts. 5pts ew P.Collingwood Top England Batsman 11/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) After Ian Bell, Paul Collingwood was England's best batsman in the recent ODI series with India. He's a solid middle order player and his finishing skills will be vital here. Very few of England's batsmen have played in Sri Lanka before which should immediately give Collingwood an advantage over most of his team mates. He had a good Twenty20 world cup too and is never far away in the run scoring charts. Collingwood keeps getting better at international level with the bat and I'll take him ew here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.