Cricket: Pakistan vs South Africa Test Series

A 2 match test series begins in Karachi in the morning. It's on TV but it's not a regular Sky channel.

Best odds/All oddsv15.gifv6140.gifv1.gifv6133.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6018.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gif
Pakistan2.372.372.372.632.372.252.22.252.42
Draw2.872.842.752.382.75332.752.92.94
South Africa3.253.653.23.75333.23.253.83.75
October 2007
Mon 1 - Fri 5 10:00 local, 05:00 GMT 1st Test - Pakistan v South Africa National Stadium, Karachi
Mon 8 - Fri 12 10:00 local, 05:00 GMT 2nd Test - Pakistan v South Africa Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
Not many outright markets but I'll play the series. 5pts Drawn Series 2/1 Stan James Pakistan is a place where there are a lot of drawn test matches. The heat, humidity and shorter days usually dictate that but with both sides having gone so long without test match cricket it could make forcing a result harder. Maybe batsmen being in Twenty20 mode still will help but I don't see that happening. South Africa are a 1 dimensional side who flatter to decieve so often on the big stage while Pakistan are a young side with a 1st time captain in test cricket in Shoaib Malik. South Africa looked good with the bat in the warm up match and with their seamers on potentially turning wickets they could struggle to bowl Pakistan out so I favour the drawn series here.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs South Africa Test Series I'll go with 2 to begin with in this 1st test. 10pts J.Kallis to beat G.Smith (1st Inns Only) 4/5 Bet365 Jacques Kallis is an awesome cricketer and he'll be well up for proving a point here after being dropped for the World Twenty20. He's quit his position as vice captain of the side on the back of that which in theory should help his batting. He looked in good touch in the warm up match when he hit 73. Graeme Smith in contrast isn't in the greatest form in his life. He had a poor Twenty20 by his standards and has had troubles with Mohammad Asif in the past and could easily do so again. Jacques Kallis though is one of the best batsmen in the world and I'll take him to outscore his skipper here. 2pts ew K.Akmal Top Pakistan Batsman (1st Inns Only) 12/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Kamran Akmal has an amazing record in the 1st innings of test matches in Pakistan. He averages 54.63 with 3 centuries and a half century in his 12 innings. He could well be a decent bet here too because South Africa only have Paul Harris as a spinner and Akmal, who plays spin well shouldn't be too troubled by him. You'd think the South African seamers will at their best 1st up when the ball is new which helps us because the top order might fail leaving Akmal a less than challenging target and of course Akmal could be facing a ball doing nothing. Therefore there's enough to suggest the 12/1 is value and it's worth a dabble.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.