** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Is it a bad thing ?

stewartd14

Is it a bad thing to try completely new tactics in FPP MTT's on Paradise. I entered 1 tonight and tried new tactics. I know that when I play tightly in MTT's I end up sht stacked when it comes down to the final 1/4 ish of the tourney. So, tonight I played really loosely and built up my chips to 8500 ish. I then regularly went all in with Ace high etc trying to steal the blinds when I had 2x any other stacks. When it got about half way through, people seemed confused about my play. One guy even got quite annoyed as I got lucky a few times. This tournament was of no significance to me and I just entered it for a bit of fun as I had already recieved my $5 bonus for the 100 FPP's. My question is: Are these tournaments a good place to try new tactics or is it easier to try in small stakes SnG's. Thanks :ok:ok

Re: Is it a bad thing ?

Is it a bad thing to try completely new tactics My question is: Are these tournaments a good place to try new tactics or is it easier to try in small stakes SnG's. Thanks :ok:ok
no, there is nothing wrong with trying new tactics - we should all do this at some point - as to when, only you can decide - I would think that a freeroll is a perfect time to try new things nice to hear that by changing things you had some success:ok, only long term will 'prove' whether this new style works for you. Cheers Damo