Ascot Festival 28/09

bowles10

Re: Ascot Festival 28/09 2.00 LANG SHINING Been waiting for this to run this week since it was pulled out last week. Some good write ups about the horse in the press this week & definitely on the upgrade. 2.35 GENKI Done nothing wrong all season & has won in this grade before. Sets the standard here to beat & any horse that wins a sprint at Newmarket can get home here. 3.45 ALL MY LOVING Classic placed (oaks) this season should be a warm favourite here coming over from Ireland for this prize. Group horse. 4.20 BANKABLE Cumani on top form lately & this has only raced twice winning LTO in a 5 runner race. Bare form may not look much but more improvement to come & clearly bred to see out a longer trip should be up there on the line again.

Re: Ascot Festival 28/09 must be doing something right if Ive got the same as Bowles:ok 20070928Asc140007.png LANG SHINING 2.00 Ascot A few good runners in this contest inc CD winner Tears of a Clown but preference is for old sniffy's (Sir M Stoutes) runner. Very consistent and lightly raced this step up from a mile to 1m2f should suit. Won well at Newmarket 2 runs ago and 2nd and 3rd have gone on to win since. According to ATR "LANG SHINING has the best rating on time, and more importantly produced it last time out." That'll do for me. 20070928Asc143505.png JIMMY STYLES 2.35 Ascot Very impressive on his handicap debut at Newbury when battering Esteem Machine by 3l's. Its a step up in class but should have no trouble confirming that form and could run well. 20070928Asc154507.png ALL MY LOVING 3.45 Ascot Placed in 2 Oaks and the Ribblesdale finishing 2nd to Silkwood, LTO she was just a nk 2nd to Hi Calypso over an extended 1m6f at Donny. Drop in trip to suit and clearly the 1 to beat with one of the best jockeys in the world on board.(his only ride today) 20070928Asc162009.png BANKABLE 4.20 Ascot Frankie has a good record round here and takes the ride for Cumani who's colt went in after just his 2nd start in a maiden at Newcastle and surely there's more to come from him.

Re: Ascot Festival 28/09 2.00 Tears of a Clown (nap) Have sided with this one a few times now and am going with him again to beat the short priced jolly. Put a line through that last run slowly run race and at a trip that was a bit far for him. Back to 1 mile 2 furlongs today has won over c&d already this season very lighly raced and is still improving as I say forgot that last run and I reckon this would be a couple points shorter in the market. Just looking at the price I thought it was going to be much shorter but 7/1 is avaible huge price to upset the fav. 2.35 Edge Closer Going against the popural Jimmy Styles seems to be all the talk today, went for Edge Closer lto I was at kempton and is a real good sprinter really well bred and is in fine form. 2 wins have come over todays c&d different jockey on board today only gives me more confidents Ryan Moore, keeps going up the weights and another 6lbs to deal with today but looks a listed performer in the future. Likes to make the running so could get first run. 3.45 All My Loving A geniune group 1 horse in a listed race at odds against doesn't come along much this looks hers for the taking, I don't think the ground will be any problem for her today and I just can't beleive she's even money this morning crazy. Brisk Breeze only 3/4 lenght down to her lto and is the only danger in my book. If you don't like the short price then play the forecast between these two.

Re: Ascot Festival 28/09

Start of 3 day festival at Ascot - selections here please. How about a little tipster challenge - 3 bets 30pts to stake, i'll keep count! Win or EW dont care just 3 bets using up 30pts SP only:ok
Nice idea Bowles. Reasons above 10pt e/w on Tears of a Clown 5pt win Edge Closer 5pt win All my Loving

Re: Ascot Festival 28/09 3.10 Spell Caster. IMO this is an average sales race perhaps lacking a lot of quality considering Reel Gift's form to Visit has not been repeated therefore Spell Caster's win at Chepstow has to be respected. The form of that win has been boosted several times with many coming out of the race and winning and the speed showed that day suggests the drop back in trip should not be too much of a problem. 3.45 All My Loving. As highlighted already in a different league to many of these lot and whilst the trip and the ground may not be completely perfect, she should have too much class. 4.20 Oceana Gold RPF 12/1 e.w, Progressing quite well this year with a nice win two starts ago and a decent effort LTO at Donny in a competitive race that was similar to today. Buick claims again on this horse and that could be very important and definit place claims.

Re: Ascot Festival 28/09 My NAP runs in this race here is justification as to why it is my NAP. Off The Record seems to of gone off the boil recently, maybe this is because the handicapper has caught up with him, and that he is more at home on the all weather, either way, the horse has top weight here for some good efforts, but i think this race will to be out of his grasp. Edge Closer has been a growing force in lower class races and steps up to class 2 for the first time. i would expect another big run here the horse seems to be progressing nicely and is a course and distance winner, E/W prospects. Majuro is well held on Edge Closer's last run when back in third and i think wont be turning this round today. Genki ran a respectablle time here at ascot 2 runs ago on this ground today, faster than Edge Closers course and distance time. has to be respected on that alone and ran a cracker when 3rd to beaver patrol last time out, form hasnt been franked though. E/W prospects. Jimmy Styles looks a horse that is definatly on the up, last time out beat one of the rivals by a good 3 lengths (Esteem Machine), another who the horse beat was Blackcat Blackitten, this horse winning next time out so the form has been franked, Jimmy Styles did it on good ground in impressive fashion, very quick time too. Can confirm these placings again, this is the hardest task to date, but i see the horse progresssing even further, getting weight from some of the top horses. Everymanforhimself looks still well held on two previous runnings against Genki over this trip. The same applies for Heywood Mambo Spirit looks held on form with Edge Closer. Esteem Machine was beaten by Jimmy Styles a couple of starts back and still looks held on that dispite 2 better showings since, and has gone up in the weights. Dispite saying this the form of the race they both ran in has definatly been franked as mentioned in the Jimmy Styles section, Even the weights may not stop the horse going close, and a noticable jockey booking too. E/W chances. Shoraab clearly has abilty just fails to get his head in front and has been dropped to a mark that the horse should be capable of winning off, but this race could be out of his reach, suited more by 5f i think. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Selections Jimmy Styles - 10pts Win Im leaving Edge Closer out, for the simple reason that the horse has taken a hike up the handicapper by 8lbs for a 1/2 lengths win over Majuro, which i think is harsh. Also left out Genki because of the form not being the best from his Newbury 3rd to Beaver Patrol, after finishing nearly 2 lengths down on that horse. Other bets Lady Rangali 3.10 - 5pts E/W Bankable 4.20 - 10 pts WIN

Re: Ascot Festival 28/09 my selections for the comp edge closer 14.35 reel gift 15.10 lazy darren 16.20 10 pts win on each reasoning, ryan moore up on 3 of richard hannons. big meeting, moore on fire this year, formbook out the window. remember fujiyama crest lol! bet a few people have backed all 5 of his today in a lucky 31, i have to 20p!!!!!!!!

Re: Ascot Festival 28/09 NAP - ALL MY LOVING - 3.45 Ascot - series of consistent efforts at the highest level this year, including 3rd in the Oaks. Travels ovemr from the Emerald Isle and dropped into a listed race today, and looks to have an outstanding chance of putting another 1 in the form figures. NB - JIMMY STYLES - 2.35 Ascot - hugely impressive winner last time out, winning with seemingly a ton in hand. Only ever raced four times, so plenty of improvement left in the tank and can continue it's upward curve today

2.35 Genki 1st 7/2 +35.00 3.45 all my loving 2nd -10.00 4.20 bankable 1st 5/2 +25.00 10 pts win on each (sorry no reasoning, due to work!:spank)
Richowl +50.00
Nice idea Bowles. Reasons above 10pt e/w on Tears of a Clown 3rd 13/2 +3.00 5pt win Edge Closer -5.00 5pt win All my Loving 2nd -5.00
Woodie -7.00
For a comp I will have: 10pt win Spell Caster unpl - 10.00 10 pt win All my Loving 2nd -10.00 5 pt e.w Oceana Gold. 2nd 13/2 +3.12
WoodyTHFC -16.88
. Selections Jimmy Styles - 10pts Win unpl -10.00 Other bets Lady Rangali 3.10 - 5pts E/W +48.00 Bankable 4.20 - 10 pts WIN +25.00
Christelfordwigan +63.00
my 3 selections for the comp are: 2.00 LANG SHINING 15pts win Unpl -15.00 2.35 GENKI 10pts win 1st +35.00 4.20 BANKABLE 5pts win 1st +12.50
Bowles10 +32.50
my selections for the comp edge closer 14.35 -10.00 reel gift 15.10 -10.00 lazy darren 16.20 -10.00 10 pts win on each
Deviltish -30.00
My 3 selections today: 14:00 - Ballinteni 5pts EW -10.00 14:35 - Esteem Machine 10pts Win 3rd -10.00 16:20 - Oceana Gold 5pts EW +3.12
Sousa +16.88
If ok to join in: 2.00: Lang Shining 10pts win 2.35: Genki - 10pts win +35.00 3.10: Reel Gift - 10pts win Good idea.
CC75 +15.00 Final table 1. Christelfordwigan +63.00 2. Richowl +50.00 3. Bowles10 +32.50 4. Sousa +16.88 5. CC75 +15.00 6. Woodie -7.00 7. Woody THFC -16.88 8. Deviltish -30.00 well done to all, 5 out of 8 in profit :nana:nana:notworthy

Sousa +16.88 Final table 1. Christelfordwigan +63.00 2. Richowl +50.00 3. Bowles10 +32.50 4. Sousa +16.88 5. CC75 +15.00 6. Woodie -7.00 7. Woody THFC -16.88 8. Deviltish -30.00 well done to all, 5 out of 8 in profit :nana:nana:notworthy
Unfortunately I believe I have -16.88pts Bowles. Only got Oceana Gold placed. :\ Thanks for your hard work mate. :ok