** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

AFL Brownlow Medal (Sept 24, 2007)

Two bets I've picked out both H2H's at Norm Short: Joel Selwood @ 1.85 to beat Pedlebury: Cat's have won five more games and Selwood is big chance to poll in four or five of those. Pendlebury shouldn't be able to match him. Hodge @ 1.63 to beat Cooney: Hawks with three and half extra wins and I'm sure Bulldogs fans would agree Hodge has been much more influential player, and more often than Cooney.

Re: AFL Brownlow Medal (Sept 24, 2007) Obviously Gary Ablett is the clear favourite, but i reckon Jon Brown from the Lions will push close. There were many games where he booted bags of 4+ goals a game which should get him in the votes. At $9 he could be worth a shot with small stakes purely for value. Jimmy Bartel is another who will go close too i reckon. He will be battling it out with Ablett, but he will certainly come very clsoe to winning

Re: AFL Brownlow Medal (Sept 24, 2007) That Hodge bet definitely looks the goods Ash. Jonathan Brown will come soaring late, but his first half simply wont poll enough for me, also perhaps not enough wins. I've got a few bets placed;- Pavlich top 5 @ 4.50 I think either Brown or Pavlich will come in 5th, it will go close. Honestly dont see many players in freemantle that could take votes from Pavlich, he was a shining star in a team of duds. Judd to win 'interstate midfielders' @ 4.00 (Black, Goodwin and a couple others). Only Black and Goodwin are the danger in my view. Goodwin has shown to poll badly in previous years. Judd on the other hand polls very well and had an exception first of the year. Wont poll any during his injury but I think he will reach 12-15 in the first half. Should hopefully be enough to see off Black, who has had some great games while will give him a some 3's but overall a poorer year from him, with Adcock and company stepping up. In regards to who will win, its out of Ablett and Harvey for mine. A quinella on them could be the way to go.

Re: AFL Brownlow Medal (Sept 24, 2007) Hmmm. Centrebet fear a Brett Harvey win, TAB Sportsbet report money has gone on Tarkyn Lockyer and Lasseters Sports think that Gary Ablett Jr should just about hold on to win. http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22470291-23211,00.html EDIT: Champion Data predict...Jimmy Bartel. http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22468888-23211,00.html

Re: AFL Brownlow Medal (Sept 24, 2007) 100/1 div for a place, so can't complain :D, although ironically it was Bartel at 300/1 the player I mentioned early in season I forgot to take :\. Both H2H's salute, with Selwood beating Pendlebury on singles 3-1. Hodge comfortably 16-9. Black was a surprise.

Re: AFL Brownlow Medal (Sept 24, 2007) Just wondering about being totally lazy next year... ...I mean like I was this year, but maybe getting a result! :D I wonder (will check myself later) how much correlation there is between the results and the Champion Data 'ratings' the Sun use for their Super Coach game... Just a thought. Obviously the Brownlow itself favours midfielders, so you could just about write off the high scoring (stat-wise) forwards...and no-one likes backmen! (How did Darren Glass get in the AA side again??!! The day Rutten isn't 1000 x better...or was this season at least...oh well...)

Re: AFL Brownlow Medal (Sept 24, 2007) Matthew Priddis is someone to definately look out for, from the Eagles. He polled about 10 votes or so i think and it was his debut season. He is a genuine ball magnet and will stand out alot next year, particularly with Judd gone. Im going to look at taking him early next pre season when his odds will be in triple figures cause he could be some definate value :ok