AFL Grand Final 2007 - Norm Smith Medal

Re: AFL Grand Final 2007 - Norm Smith Medal

1979Wayne Harmes (Carlton)OOB
:rollin:rollin Bloody tough to get a rise out of any of the Collingwood boys these days... Bit surprised you've got S. Burgoine out so far. Been in tremendous form, and has a BOG and a 2 in the last 3 meetings.

Re: AFL Grand Final 2007 - Norm Smith Medal Yeah, I,ve maybe got him a shade long. I have since tightened his brother a touch, actually. I really think Geelong are virtual good things though, and looking at history for winners from losing sides: 1982 Maurice Rioli (Richmond) - Technology was bit slower those days and chook raffle organizational talent simply wasn't out there. They collated the final votes ten minutes into the last qaurter :eek. 1989 Gary Ablett (Geelong) 2002 Nathan Buckley (Collingwood) 2005 Chris Judd (West Coast Eagles) So, some pretty huge names and the last three were all margins within 10pts (1982 - 18pts). I'm not sure S. Burgoyne combined with the likely result quite ranks with that lot. He's 17.5 at Betfair.

Re: AFL Grand Final 2007 - Norm Smith Medal Felt like it would have to have been very close between Johnson and Chapman, so much was the ball in their area. It certainly got to the point I was barracking for Port so they could get it to Scarlett. Scarlett got BOG from the TV commentators, I notice :\ (Backed him BF @ 50.00). Chapman would have been a loss for me. Hadn't layed Johnson for anything, so about a half unit win overall :). Stokes and Enright can't have been too far away.

Re: AFL Grand Final 2007 - Norm Smith Medal Voting for Norm Smith Medal Danny Frawley (Triple M) 3 - Steve Johnson (Geelong) 2 - Matthew Scarlett (Geelong) 1 - Paul Chapman (Geelong) Daryl Timms (Herald Sun) 3 - Steve Johnson (Geelong) 2- Matthew Scarlett (Geelong) 1 - Paul Chapman (Geelong) Steve Butler (West Australian) 3 - Steve Johnson (Geelong) 2- Paul Chapman (Geelong) 1- Matthew Scarlett (Geelong) Jake Niall (The Age) 3- Paul Chapman (Geelong) 2- Steve Johnson (Geelong) 1- Matthew Scarlett (Geelong) Josh Francou (5AA) 3- Paul Chapman (Geelong) 2- Steve Johnson (Geelong) 1- Matthew Scarlett (Geelong) Final voting: 13 Johnson, 10 Chapman, 7 Scarlett.