Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 21/9

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 21/9

Sportingbet has Innsbruck -1 at 1,727, just for your information and I am sure there are better odds for this offered by other bookies (my opinion only, I am too lazy to search for it, but most of the time the bwin and sportingbet won´t give you better odds than other bookmakers, unless you are betting on the underdog).. Anyway I would like to hear some comments to this match, since the only thing I know is that it is Hungarian team and that doesn´t mean that they will lose :)
Innsbruck is clear favourite here. Alba still seems to be a team that doesn't work well. They played a bad way against Csíkszereda in Hungarian Championship a few days ago, even if they won 3-1. There are a lot of new players and they need time to get to know each other. Some of my Hungarian friends took Innsbruck ML or Innsbruck -1.5 HC and I took Innsbruck ML @1.50 in a combo with Sarajevo-Basel UEFA cup match x2 a few days ago, but only with medium stake. I think the only risk is that this is the first round and we only can have some vague idea about real strength of the teams. We have to wait 3-4 rounds. Alba is expected to fight for 6 to 10 places here in Hungary, more of this would be a suprise. Innsbruck is 700 kms from Székesfehérvár, Alba is going to have to make a long, exhausting bus ride. And Innsbruck's coach Pat Cortina knows perfectly Hungarian hockey, he was coach of Alba Volán and Hungarian national team for years. Alba played a preparation game against Linz one and half a week ago and lost 3-0. In the first period Alba was outscored by Linz 12-2. So, everything shows that Innsbruck should win this one without any problems, but you never know with ice-hockey, this is why only medium stake for me;)

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 21/9 Graz 99ers to win (2.20 @ Bet365) Graz has invested a lot in building a new team and they claim that the last season will be soon forgotten. They have let 8 players and the coach go. Bunch of new names is on the team, goaltenders and defenders are almost completly new. They have kept Greg Day in offence (31 goals and 32 assists in 47 matches last year) and bought a handfull of decent attackers (among them is notoriuos Tony Iob*). They will be much stronger this season, no doubt. They have played 6 pre-season matches and remained unbeaten. Linz has a lot of new names, also. The biggest is Latvian defender Viktors Ignatjevs. They have been buying a lot, but, after pre-season, things don't look so good as in Graz. Linz won 3 matches (two of them against Alba Volan and one was OT win against Jesenice), they drew once and lost twice. The team will probably be stronger once the season starts, but I'm really leaning towards Graz in this match. *About Tony Iob: He is a decent attacker and able to score, but I know of him by his lovely temper. He was suspended from WC in 2002 (elbowed Swiss player in the head and knocked him down) and banned from WC 2003. Then he came back in 2006 and was suspended again (fighting). But, the best part is (this is copy/pasted from azhockey): one of the wackiest things ever witnessed in a hockey rink happened during an Italian league game in 1993-94. Canadian born Tony Iob took a cigarette lighter and tried to set an opponent on fire during a game! His actions were caught on tape and he was charged with several offences.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 21/9 Newcastle to win (2.60 @ Bet365) There's not much to add to Craig's post about this match. Belfast allowed 20 goals in 4 matches. I agree about Cardiff and Coventry being strong at home, but they have scored a lot (Cardiff 7 and Coventry 6). Not to talk about Manchester's 6 goals in Belfast. I can only describe this as 'holes in defence'. Kelman must play because of the number of injured defenders and it didn't look good in previous matches. To be honest: Kelman is very good player (bit out of form) and the rest of Belfast team is respectable. Newcastle had their first loss on Sunday (also to Manchester). This week, they have bought another American: winger Todd Jackson to boost their attack. Newcastle is not high scoring team, but their new star is Ryan MacDonald, young goaltender who proves to be highly talented. I see this match as a tight one, but because of Belfast's defence, I'll go with Newcastle. I'm going with low stakes for one reason: PP. Newcastle rough-housing will produce a handfull of PPs for Belfast and they are rather good in that aspect of play.

one of the wackiest things ever witnessed in a hockey rink happened during an Italian league game in 1993-94. Canadian born Tony Iob took a cigarette lighter and tried to set an opponent on fire during a game! His actions were caught on tape and he was charged with several offences.
FCUK ME! :loon :rollin

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 21/9 Caen to win (2.95 @ Bet365) Not an easy bet to make. Amiens was much better than Caen last season and they have won all 4 H2Hs. But, things have changed slightly. Caen is still below average, but Amiens is not that good anymore. Caen has rejuvenated their attack and it will be interesting to see if the youngsters will have enough discipline to play the Ligue Magnus. They have the courage and talent, but it takes a lot more to play against strongest teams. In defence, Caen had big plans last season but everything went down the drain since the beginning of 2006/07. They were awful despite some big names they bought. They have rebuilt defence and most noticable player in pre-season was goaltender Tucek (arrived from Olomuc), who appears to be very experienced and reliable. They have played only one match in the league and lost to Morzine (last year untouchable in regular season) 1:3. Amiens is simply not good. They have played two matches in the season. First match was aginst Tours (I bet on Tours in that match) and won 0:4. But, they didn't deserve anything in that match. Tours was a better team and Amiens scored after goalie's mistake. Tours rushed ahed thoughtlessly and received 3 more goals. Second match was home loss to poor Mont Blanc 3:5. That match was the real face of Amiens, in my opinion. To summon up: Caen is bad, but I find Amiens to be even worse, so I'll gamble and pick Caen. I hope I won't embarrass myself with this pick:hope

HC Energie Karlovy Vary – HC Slavia Praha (Fri 21 Sep 18:00) Pick: HW Odds: 2.1 expekt, Bet365, Bwin Stake: 4/10 Karlovy Vary has strong team, they plaies so good at home. Whole team seems to be strong and before start this season they bought Melenovsky from Zlin and Bilek from Kladno. These players are good and skilled players. They have good form and result in league yet! Main player is goalie Mensator, young but skilled goalie with a lot of experiences. One of the best in extraliga. Slavia Prague is not so strong like last year. They played against Budejovice, where Budejovice were better than Slavia. Slavia was so poor in this match. Last match Slavie won against Usti 2:1 and very poor game again. Vary has very good goalie, solid defensive players and strong ofensive players. At home they have a lot of fans and I think they will win this match, because situation in Slavia is not so good at the moment and Vary has good form.
Karlovy Vary - Slavia Prague 5:5 unlucky game for home team :puke

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 21/9 HC TWK Innsbruck v Alba Volan Innsbruck with -1 @ 1.70 betandwin. Alba is new team in Austria icehockey liga from Hungary and they are building their team slowly. Innsbruck signed three players form last year Jesenice team, Razingar, Pare and goalie Kotyk. Two great attackers, Craig Darby and Marco Pewal came from DEL and Salzburg. FT 7-2.:cheers

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 21/9 Björklöven-Nybro 1-2 ----->a real shocker to me. I really didn't see this coming. Löven had 4 shots of the iron and missed 2 breakaways... Mannheim-Hannover 5-1 ------> Hannover took the lead but unfortunately they couldn't hold on this time and Mannheims first victory this season is a fact. Basel-GE Servette 2-5(late in 3rd) ------> Seem to have got this one right anyway. Basel had a 2-0 after the first but they fell apart totally in the 2nd and Servette scored 5 goals in that one.