Golf - British Masters

At The Belfry (looking forward to seeing what the players get up to at the spectacular par 4 10th, surely this is the best drivable par 4 in golf, imo it is!!!) Using my new formula this week of sticking with players who are bang in form, forget about stats, course form etc!!!) Reason for doing this is that I find players who are in form perform very well for a few weeks and then they burn out and start to make very average performances. BRADLEY DREDGE @ 25/1 Betfred E/W Had two miss cuts in a row before bouncing back to form with a 3rd in Switzerland & tied 4th last week in Germany. PHILLIP ARCHER @ 40/1 PaddyPower E/W Unlucky not to win a playoff against Brent Rumford 2 weeks ago in Switzerland and was joint runner-up again last week at Germany. Rory Mcilroy to miss cut @ 5/6 Totesport Yes we all know he made cut at the Open, -3 first round, I cant see any brillance of that here his 1st proper week as a pro on tour, he will be very nervours, all the media will put pressure on him, a expect him to miss cut, 5/6 looks a nice safe bet.

British Masters Richard Green @ 26 - having been in a great position last week to take the Merc-Benz open his rustiness started to show in the final round 76. Two middle rounds of 67-66 show that his game is still in good shape and with a 4th in the Open and a win in Austria, it shows he has been playing well this year. Adding to this a T14 last year, a T19 in 2002, a 6th in 2001 and a T18 in 2000 (which included an opening round 78 where a par round wouldve left him 5th) he has shown he knows how to play this course. Without many of the big guns in the field Green could show his class to take a 2nd title of the year. Colin Montgomerie @ 41 - earlier in the year Monty regained form with 6 top 20finishes from his first 6 events and also a win in the Smurfit Kappa Open. After two rounds last week Monty was in T6th with a great chance of sneaking further up, however, a disappointing weekend left him down in T46. The tournament before at the Johnnie Walker Championships, Monty finished T9th showing his swing is in good shape. Last year he missed the cut at the Belfry, however, in 2003 he finished T27 (after 3 rounds he was in T12), in 2002 he finished T3, in 2001 he finished T12 and in 2000 he finished T5 - not bad form figures. Adding to this, at the 2002 Ryder Cup held at the Belfry Monty won 4 out of 5 matches and halved his other match. These odds are way too good to pass up. Peter O'Malley @ 126 - this is a bit more of a longshot but after the two shorter odds I thought I'd give O'Malley a go. In his last 4 events he has made all 4 cuts, played solid golf including a 4th place in the Deutsche Bank Championships. His course form here is solid. Last year he finished T22, T41 in 2002 (lying T9 after two rounds) and T9 in 2000. He is a straight driver and has hit 71% of GIR this year and with a game like his, he could do some damage at this event. GL

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.