Absolute Poker scandal

Nade

Anyone else heard about this? First i heard of it was a few people talking about it during the WCOOP yesterday whilst i was watching Raymer so looked it up and the rumours are that UB used a Bot for 'testing' purposes which could see everyone elses hole cards and there are a few hand histories as evidence of this bot calling a big river bet with 10high vs 9high and such like and it/they made thousands. Anyone heard about this and what do you think?

Re: Ultimate Bet scandal

Anyone else heard about this? First i heard of it was a few people talking about it during the WCOOP yesterday whilst i was watching Raymer so looked it up and the rumours are that UB used a Bot for 'testing' purposes which could see everyone elses hole cards and there are a few hand histories as evidence of this bot calling a big river bet with 10high vs 9high and such like and it/they made thousands. Anyone heard about this and what do you think?
Non bots make some 'great' river calls too :- Full Tilt Poker Game #928921427: Table Tiger (heads up) - $500/$1000 - Limit Hold'em - 23:43:26 ET - 2006/08/23 Seat 1: eastsideslim ($113,579) Seat 2: TexasLimitKing ($53,004) TexasLimitKing posts the small blind of $250 eastsideslim posts the big blind of $500 The button is in seat #2 *** HOLE CARDS *** TexasLimitKing raises to $1,000 eastsideslim calls $500 *** FLOP *** [Qc 2d 6h] eastsideslim checks TexasLimitKing bets $500 eastsideslim raises to $1,000 helstock (Observer): slim u r sick TexasLimitKing calls $500 *** TURN *** [Qc 2d 6h] [Qs] eastsideslim bets $1,000 TexasLimitKing calls $1,000 helstock (Observer): killing tex *** RIVER *** [Qc 2d 6h Qs] [6d] eastsideslim bets $1,000 TexasLimitKing calls $1,000 *** SHOW DOWN *** eastsideslim shows [3s 3d] (two pair, Queens and Sixes) TexasLimitKing shows [4d 4c] (two pair, Queens and Sixes) TexasLimitKing wins the pot ($7,999.50) with two pair, Queens and Sixes *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $8,000 | Rake $0.50 Board: [Qc 2d 6h Qs 6d] Seat 1: eastsideslim (big blind) showed [3s 3d] and lost with two pair, Queens and Sixes Seat 2: TexasLimitKing (small blind) showed [4d 4c] and won ($7,999.50) with two pair, Queens and Sixes Why didn't the bot raise? 9 high wouldn't be calling a raise. Unless it is TLK :) FBF

Re: Ultimate Bet scandal ABsolute poker responce. Hi All, Thank you for your patience in this urgent issue. Let me start off by stating in 100% confidence that, fair play and security is of paramount importance to Absolute Poker. We have temporarily frozen accounts that have been brought to our attention while we perform an extensive investigation. While we are continuing with our investigation, we have yet to find any evidence of wrong doing. Our game client only receives data regarding the individuals hand and no other players hole cards, except in the event of a showdown. The player’s and their respective actions that are in question, all come from a small sample of Hands. We have researched their play exhaustively and have found no proof that they had any knowledge of other player’s hole cards. There were hands that were played poorly -- from a poker strategy perspective -- and these players did receive a fortunate result. So far we have no evidence that substantiates claims that any of the players were involved in chip dumping, or any other improper activity. Because of the seriousness of these allegations, we have not closed the investigation and are continuing to look very closely into this matter.We will notify you if we obtain any new information regarding these claims. Kindest Regards, Danielle

Re: Ultimate Bet scandal

Not heard about it at UB but read absolute poker so called scandal.... Not sure if I can post a link to 2+2 poker forum about this http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=12111302&an=0&page=0#Post12111302
Aye that's the one, Absolute not Ultimate, no surprise i forgot who as it was about 4am i looked it up then just remembered about it now :lol. Mods can change title if they want ;) Maybe it's all made up but only relaying what i heard...

Re: Ultimate Bet scandal Personally I think its a load of rubbish,more like chip dumping or just bad play... I cant think AP would risk doing anything like this but saying that it was fun reading about it at 2+2 (yet again over reactioning with any so called scandal at that forum)

Re: Absolute Poker scandal I read about it and do not believe it for a moment but watching the TV poker tables where you can see everyones cards I have often wondered if employees of the sites could have that ability, if so it would be very tempting to make a bit extra on the side. One thing I am sure of is that no one would bother at the stakes I play :lol