Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18-19/9

Tuesday 18 September 2007
HomeTieAwaysp.gifBPP
Ässät Pori v Kärpät (16:30 BST)3.604.331.72109% Related markets...Match ResultMoney LinePuck Line- - -Total Goals o/u1st Period Money Line1st Period Over/UnderFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to Score
HPK v Ilves (16:30 BST)1.804.333.40109% Related markets...Match ResultMoney LinePuck Line- - -Total Goals o/u1st Period Money Line1st Period Over/UnderFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to Score
KalPa v TPS Turku (16:30 BST)2.374.202.37109% Related markets...Match ResultMoney LinePuck Line- - -Total Goals o/u1st Period Money Line1st Period Over/UnderFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to Score
Tappara v Lukko (16:30 BST)2.104.252.70109%
HomeTieAwaysp.gifBPP
Stjernen v Stavanger (17:00 BST)2.604.752.00110% Related markets...Match ResultMoney LinePuck Line- - -Total Goals o/uFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to Score
Trondheim v Lillehammer (17:00 BST)2.604.752.00110% Related markets...Match ResultMoney Line- - -Total Goals o/uFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to Score
Sparta Sarpsborg v Comet (17:30 BST)1.555.004.00110% Related markets...Match ResultMoney LinePuck Line- - -Total Goals o/uFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to Score
VÃ¥lerengen v Frisk Asker (17:30 BST)1.555.004.00110% Related markets...Match ResultMoney LinePuck Line- - -Total Goals o/uFirst Team to ScoreHandicap Result
AwayHomesp.gifBPP
Davos v SCL Tigers (18:45 BST)1.184.50107% Related markets...Money LinePuck Line- - -Total Goals o/uFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to Score
Servette v EHC Basel (18:45 BST)1.402.80108% Related markets...Money LinePuck Line- - -Total Goals o/u1st Period Result2nd Period Result3rd Period ResultAway Team Total GoalsCorrect ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHome Team Total GoalsLast Team to Score

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 Sparta @ 1.79 (Pinny) Second round of Norwegian Eliteserien. Sparta are usually a strong hometeam, they have impressed during the preseason and when I've checked the discussions before the start of this season I've found that it's a common point of view that Sparta looks strong and could actually end up as champions. Their first match was a 7-1 win at home to Trondheim. Comet are unpredictable, beat Stavanger away in the first round, a very good result, but Stavanger have not yet showed class, so that result may be somewhat explained by that. Anyway, I trust Sparta to win this one, last season's h2h's with Sparta as home team ended 5-1 and 5-2, I see no reason to why Sparta would drop a point now.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 Another game caught my eye. VÃ¥lerenga-Frisk/Asker Frisk/Asker looks like a strong team. They had a solid preseason and started the regular season by beating Furuset at home, 7-3. Champions VÃ¥lerenga are as always favourites to win the league again, but I'm not impressed by them so far. These teams met twice in preseason with Frisk winning one game (4-3) and the other game being a tie (4-4). In the opening round VÃ¥lerenga struggled at home against Stjernen and lost in OT. I think this could be a close game. Frisk+1.5 2.05@Pinnacle therefore sounds very nice to me, Frisk/Asker+1.5 2.05@Pinnacle I'll use flatbet from now on

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 First thing that catches my eye is Lahti Pelicans at 3.85. Blues Espoo has yet to earn those low odds on their win. After loss against Karpat and skinny 1:2 win against poor TPS Turku they are playing first home match of the season. Lahti Pelicans lost away to SaiPa (who has a good season start) and won against KalPa Kuopio. I have a feeling that Lahti Pelicans have somewhat better form at the moment and it seems to me that Blues will have a strong opponent in Pelicans. Those are just my thoughts, no bet yet.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 Stjernen dnb @ 2.20 (Bet365) This odds looks to tasty to not try. Stavanger with Swedish coach Gunnar Johansson not the team they were last season, not yet anyway, they lost at home to Comet 3-4 in the first match. Stavanger have lost some good players and replaced them with youngsters, their goal is to at least get a medal, but they also say that they still need to sign at least 3-4 new players to be strong enough to have a chance at that. Stjernen with Swedish coach Weinstock beat champions VÃ¥lerenga away, 3-2 after o.t. in their first match, a very good result and a sign that Stjernen should not be taken lightly, they have a strong roster with some good new signings, among them the goalkeeper Gunderssen who left from Stavanger and will make his debute vs his old team. 2.20 for dnb looks very high, Norsk Tipping have 2.05 for straight win, so I very much think Stjernen are underestimated and/or Stavanger overrated.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 One last bet before bedtime Davos-SCL Tigers Davos ofc big favourites to win this one but I'm not impressed by them so far. The Champions has started with two wins but they haven't been convincing at all. First they won at Servette (2-1) and infront of their homecrowd they got a 3-2 win against Basel. Lagnau won their opener at home to Kloten 4-1 but then lost the derby against Bern 4-0. No surprise there, but they stood up well for a long time. 3 quick goals in the 2nd period spoiled their day. The tigers will def. not let themselves get run over by Davos. I'll go for Under 6 at 2.05 since this game could be tighter than most people think. If the tigers doesn't let Davos score early I think this line should be safe. SCL aren't exactly a goalmachine away from home either. Under 6 2.05@Pinnacle

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 I think you are on to something CBG, Pelicans might be a worth of shot in those prices, have to look on that. Here are my picks Ässät - Kärpät 1.75 @ PAF 8/10 Ässät lost two very important player in last game, playmaker Kivenmäki, and Hisey got hammered and questionable. SaiPa came hard on Kärpät and Kärpät started to play too late in their 3-4 loss vs Saipa. Kärpät coach Jalonen wont let that happen again, Kärpät won their every away game last year vs Ässät. HPK - Ilves ml 2.60 @ unibet 1/10 Ilves to win 1st 3.90 @ centrebet 1/10 HPK - Ilves over5,5 2.00 @ PAF 2/10 Both teams play very offensive hockey and lack some talent on defence, both goalies are quite good though. HPK hasnt been tested yet, in HIFK game they werent ready and won over TPS are no indicator of form. In HPK there has been changes and its yet to see are they as good as always on home rink. KalPa - TPS 2.50 @ PAF 1/10 TPS spending and glory days are over, these two teams has been ranked to be the two bottom teams. KalPa has constructed their team slowly with little money, gifted youngsters, fast moving team. TPS in other hand was forced to sell almost all good players and their number one man defender Berg is injured, their package isnt ready yet. Tappara - Lukko over5,5 2.05 @ PAF 2/10 Both teams lack some talent on their defence, Tappara has shifted their game towards more offensive play in past two years, I see Lukko getting penalties as they are not so fast moving team, goalies are averages in this league. EDIT: One more game, Pelicans present value, these two met in pre-season in Ärrä-Cups bronze game where Pelicans won in shoot-out. Blues could be over-rated, there is no stars in that team but no weak links either, in Kärpät game they look little out of pace and won over poor TPS 2-1, Pelicans in other hand hammered KalPa 8-3 in their home game so they must feel confident. Blues - Pelicans X2 2.15 @ unibet 2/10 GLall :hope

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 Herning - Odense, Danish Cup semifinal Herning -1.5 @ 1.84 (Pinny) Herning lost the first leg 2-4, Odense played well while Herning did not reach tehir usual level. I think Herning will turn things around, they need a three goal win, and thats not something thats impossible for them at home. Last season's homerecord was 16-1-1 78-34, the matches vs Odense ended 6-2 and 4-0. Odense finished 2nd last season and should not be underestimated, but they usually play a lot better at home, and imo Herning haven't lost quality before this season. The cup is important in Denmark and Herning have stated that they will do everything to at least reach the final. I'll also place this bet today already, I think this odds will lower. Oskarshamn - Leksand, Allsvenskan 19/9 Leksand @ 1.50 (Bet365) Oskarshamn lost 1-2 away to Huddinge in the first round, I think they have a tough season in front of them, they have lost some key players and not really replaced them with players with comparable quality. Leksand as usual favourites and surrounded by high hopes and pressure, they got off to a great start and even though I have my doubts about their chances to reach Elitserien I dont doubt for a second that they will win this match. 1.50 a very good odds imo.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 Hameenlinna - Ilves 1,85 imo this is very good odd on home win, hamennlinna is traditionaly excellent home team and they showed that already.last win against tps 4:1 was convincing for me and i belive they will be on the top of the league on the other side ilves isnt so convincing away this is maybe beggining of the season and everything can happend but also odds are too hihgh imo and they will go down for sure during next few weeks

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9

I can only agree about Leksand GG. I'll go for -1.5 at 2.00 instead since I feel that if they win' date=' it is likely to be a win by 2 goals or more. I doubt that we'll see a better price than this one.[/quote'] Yes, good one, agree, I'm on it too :ok

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 What about OVER 5,5 on Stjernen - Stavanger game? I've got a decent price @ 1,70 in my local and statistics strongly support the pick. On the home ice Stjernen scored 5,00 goals per match against todays oponent and allowed 2,67 since the season 1998/1999. That's over 7 goals per game and it looks like a pretty safe bet (although there's no such a thing). What do you guys think? Thanks and GL :hope

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 More info about Ässät - Kärpät game, Hisey is ready to play but he suffered concussion and that might have effect in hes game still. For Kärpät defenders Karalahti is suspended in this game and Kiren broke hes wrist but Kärpät do have such a large material that it isnt that big a blow, they signed Majesky from Linköping with a loan deal. Also Ässät coach Härkälä had been shouting to hes players to 01.00am after Ilves game, so its two teams in desperate need for victory. Maybe 8/10 stake is too high, but the bets are on.

More info about Ässät - Kärpät game, Hisey is ready to play but he suffered concussion and that might have effect in hes game still. For Kärpät defenders Karalahti is suspended in this game and Kiren broke hes wrist but Kärpät do have such a large material that it isnt that big a blow, they signed Majesky from Linköping with a loan deal. Also Ässät coach Härkälä had been shouting to hes players to 01.00am after Ilves game, so its two teams in desperate need for victory. Maybe 8/10 stake is too high, but the bets are on.
Thanks for info, appreciate it. I'll try Kärpät on the asian -1 at 2.00, 5/10. Crazy Pown: Yes, over 5.5 in Norway usually works, I think there will be plenty of goals today too.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 German Cup 18/9 19:30 CET Adler Mannheim - Hannover Scorpions The home team, and reigning champions, have had a disastrous start to the season only claiming 1 point so far which the claimed against newcomer Wolfsburg Grizzly in the last round (Might also add that Adler played at home and lost the game on penalty). The other losses came against Hamburg (8-3), Eisbären (3-6) and DEG (4-2). Needless to say they really need to start winning soon but in their mind the league must be more important than this cup. It's the league they need points real soon and so that's where their mental focus will be. In the first round of the cup they beat Bietigheim-Bissingen (a mediocre team from DEL 2) but they need over-time to get the win. Today they have three players on the injury list: Francois Methot, Blake Sloan and Rick Girard (my source is the home page of the Hannover Scorpions). The away team have been in great form, they are 3rd in the overall table and have won both their away games so far and thus being the best team in that aspect. In all fairness the teams they have met aren't that big as DEG, Eisbären and Hamburg but wins away over Duisburg and Augsburger + getting a draw against Frankfurt and Köln is not bad at all. We must also remember that Adler have some clear losses on their record. Hannover have four injured players:Sascha Goc, Tino Boos, Jonas Lanier and André Reiss. This will be a tough game for sure but with the terrible record that Adler has I have to bet against them again. The confidence has to be low now and they are desperate to get back on track. Hannover have started this season well and eventhough they have injured players I think they have a great chance for an upset here against the champs. Hannover +0.5 @ 1.90 bet365

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 KalPa to win (2.40 @ Bet365) This will be my higher-than-usual-stakes bet. I might be completely wrong, but I believe in KalPa. I still stand by my thoughts from the first round when I put my money on them: "KalPa was the worst team in the league and not many people would bet on them last year. They won't be much better this season, or maybe... They have bought former AHL and NHL Jeremy Stevenson and this could be some boost for them. ...their pre-season results were quite surprising: 8 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. Their last loss was at the beginning of August." In the mean time, they have lost both openning matches: against JYP and Lahti Pelicans, both strong teams and JYP is really charging at full speed. They had a lead against Lahti in first period (edit: no, they didn't have, I was reading wrong stats), but Pelicans were just too much for them. I don't think that TPS Turku can be too much for them. They have played against better teams in August and won. TPS Turku has also two losses: Hameenlinna and Blues Espoo. In the pre-season they had stronger opponents, but no results to talk about. Between those two bottom of the league teams, I rate KalPa as stronger one at this moment and I'm going to risk somewhat bigger stakes on that match.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 Lahti Pelicans to win +1.5 (1.71 @ Bet365) Very generous hcp line. As I said, these high odds chought my eye at once. I won't go after straight win, because I'm risking enough with KalPa, but Pelicans +1.5 looks very appealing to me. They have young, fast skating team (some really talented kids) and they are proving to be stronger each season. This season's start was very nice: loss against SaiPa and big win against KalPa. It seems that they had some long range strategy in Lahti, because they have created good looking team with some dilligent work since 2003. Blues lost to Karpat and won against poor TPS with skinny 1:2. Nothing memorable in these two matches was seen from Blues Espoo. They are not weak, by all means. But, not as strong as previous years, either. Hopefully, Pelicans will keep this match very tight. I'll try also: Pelicans Lahti to score first (2.52 @ 10bet) Blues wasn't high scoring team in previous two matches and they didn't score a lot in pre-season, either. So, Pelicans could produce first goal attempts and perhaps first goal.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 a swiss friend gave me some insider for the 2nd league swiss today. EHC Olten - Visp The fan forums are full with tips against Olten at home. 2.1 at betway. Hope that the things work out. :ok The reason is the weakness of Olten these days.

Re: Euro Ice Hockey Leagues, 18/9 Ässät - Kärpät 1.75 @ PAF 8/10 :@ 2-0 HPK - Ilves ml 2.60 @ unibet 1/10 :@ 3-2 Ilves to win 1st 3.90 @ centrebet 1/10 :D 0-1 HPK - Ilves over5,5 2.00 @ PAF 2/10 :@ 3-2 KalPa - TPS 2.50 @ PAF 1/10 :@ 0-3 Tappara - Lukko over5,5 2.05 @ PAF 2/10 :@ 3-2 OT Blues - Pelicans X2 2.15 @ unibet 2/10 :D 2-4 Really bad night for me, it sure was too big bet on Kärpät, 2/7 ~ -8.80 :$ Some notes: Ässät did pick up the act and didnt miss Kivenmäki at all, maybe because hes such a diva :lol KalPa had lots of powerplays (2 times 5-3) and still couldnt make even one in their home game. Its still the early days and I should keep the stakes low :spank Finn-Hockey 5/12 ~ -2.75

swiss friend gave me some insider for the 2nd league swiss today. EHC Olten - Visp The fan forums are full with tips against Olten at home. 2.1 at betway. Hope that the things work out. :ok The reason is the weakness of Olten these days.
Visp won :ok http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spiele/de/matchday_details.php?omi=20081115071019&nav=020101