NBL Basketball - Round 1 (Sept 19th - 23rd)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 1 (Sept 19th - 23rd) New Zealand Breakers vs Cairns Taipans I'll start of by saying I favour the Taipans here. They have brought in some serious new talent this year in the likes of Larry Abney, Rashad Tucker and Steven Black. They have the firepower to go all the way this year as they were also able to hang onto stars such as Martin Cattalini and Darnell Mee. The Breakers wont be easy beats though as they have injected some good talent into their squad such as Perth stalwart Tony Ronaldson, while they have signed some imports who should make big impacts straight away like Kirk Penney, Rick Rickert and Phil Jones. Cairns are pretty short at $1.68 at Centrebet with $2.20 available on New Zealand. The Breakers may be some chance, but this Taipans team is so powerful this year and if they can sort their away form out then they are definately a chance for a top 2 spot. I think they will win a close one here tonight and the $2.10 available on -4.5 is good value. Pick Cairns -4.5 at $2.10 - Centrebet NOTE: Early game, played at 5:30pm AEST

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 1 (Sept 19th - 23rd) Taipans win 95-90 meaning our -4.5 line got up, just! Missed out on the Bullets last night by 0.5 points and now get the Taipans win by 0.5 points. Ahhh the joys of betting :dude And to think, we are only 4 games in :loon

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 1 (Sept 19th - 23rd) Adelaide 36ers vs Wollongong Hawks

The 36ers come into this game as big favourites with some solid recruiting over the off season. They have added some big names to their roster in Adam Ballinger, Brad Davidson, Axel Drench and Mike Chappell. The Hawks are expected to struggle this year after the loss of Adam Ballinger and Glen Saville, leaving big holes to fill. Kavossy Franklin is a good pick up for them, but it will be hard seeing them getting anything from this match. Centrebet have Adelaide very short at $1.22 and the Hawks at $4.35 so the best value here is in the margins market. Adelaide are $2.10 to win this game by over 10.5 points which is fair value, and I believe they will start the year with a solid win. Pick Adelaide Over 10.5 at $2.10 – Centrebet

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 1 (Sept 19th - 23rd) Sydney Kings vs Gold Coast Blaze The Kings are very short at $1.13 head to head which i dont believe is fair considering the Blaze put up a good showing Wednesday night against the mighty Bullets. The Kings still have a couple of spots vacant on their list for imports and may be a little undermanned, but the big factor here for the Blaze will be James Harvey. He has a great record playing against the Kings and at his new club, he may be the difference tonight. So im going to take Gold Coast +10.5 points at $1.90 which is fair value Pick Gold Coast +10.5 at $1.90

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 1 (Sept 19th - 23rd) Perth Wildcats vs Singapore Slingers Well this has whitewash written all over it. You only have to look at the lines for this match with Perth -16.5 and odds of $1.13 to win head to head. The question will be can they cover the 16.5 in this match, and i say yes. Perth have added some good talent to their roster this year with Rashad Phillips and Alex Loughton while the Slingers are lucky to be in the league after their financial woes and player exodus. Perth should win this easy. Pick Perth -16.5 at $2.10

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 1 (Sept 19th - 23rd) Bullets 88-79 Blaze Wildcats 112-80 Slingers Great end to the weekend and it was a great start to the season, just about every match went as predicted which suggests this season could prove to be profitable :dude