Latvia - Sweden

Guest Soccerwiz

Guest Soccerwiz

Looking through all the games this weekend, imo the best bet of the weekend is Sweden. In qualifying for the world cup, they won 8 of their 10 games and drew 2. Their opponents on saturday are Latvia, who in qualifying for the world cup only took points off San Marino (one draw), and lost to Scotland twice! Of Swedens five away qualifying games, four were away wins to Slovakia, Macedonia, Moldova and Azebaijan (the only blemish a 1-1 draw in Turkey.) I cannot honestly see anything other than an away win, and it is currently available at 1.52 on Betfair. :D

Guest Tristan13

Re: Latvia - Sweden Sweden missing: Patrik Andersson (Barcelona), defender/captain, Injured Henrik Larsson (Celtic), former striker, quit Johan Mjällby (Celtic, defender, injured Magnus Kihlstedt, 2nd goalkeeper Teddy Lucic (Leeds), defender, probably injured Frddy Ljungberg (Arsenal), midfielder, injured Andreas Andersson (AIK Solna), midfielder/striker, possibly injured

Latvia This is a team to watch out for, in the last campaign their results were much better than suggested here. Scotland started away to Latvia, and finished at home to them. In the first fixture Latvia were VERY up for it, as realistically they realised this was a good opportunity to make an early mark. Scotland were lucky winners with a last minute goal, a draw was certainly likely. In the final game, Scotland had by then only an unlikely arithmetical possibility of qualifying. Latvia took the lead and it was hard work for Scotland to pull back to win narrowly at 2-1. We should check carefully past results and look for trends in improvements/decline. As well as consider changes in team lineups. This is likely to be 1 game against many were there is potential for a 'surprise' draw. In other games there is potential for better returns by covering correct score bets. Accumulators are highly risky at the best of times, anyone who spends less time considering international games than they do league games should be even more aware of the risk of 1 'unlikely' result upsetting their bet. NEVER assume a team is a dud. Look for value bets rather than accumulators to bump up odds. No tips for me just yet, but gluck :)

Guest Soccerwiz

Sweden Value!! I must say that the advice regarding Swedens injuries was very useful, and I closed out my position on the game on the back of this. However, my view of Latvia has not changed one iota. When I compared the relative results of the two teams over the last couple of years, one of the factors that convinced me was the fact that Scotland beat them twice (albeit in a close game). Looking at the recent form of Scotland, I think my view of Latvia stands up very well.