Cricket: Twenty20 World Cup

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 World Cup Was -14 for Thursday so only +21.19 for the tournament now.

Saturday 22 September 2007
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
New Zealand v Pakistan (12:00 BST)2.021.96101%
India v Australia (17:00 BST)3.101.5099%
3 for the semis. 10pts Pakistan to beat New Zealand 10/11 Boylesports Pakistan have been very impressive in this tournament and have seemingly got better and better and they've gone along. Their bowling attack is very good with Asif and Tanvir creating havoc at the start and Afridi and Gul squeeizing sides in the middle and at the end. With the bat, Misbah-ul-Haq has hit the biggest 6 of the tournament and Shoaib Malik has produced a captain's effort with the bat too. New Zealand have progressed nicely without ever looking perfect. They had to rely on a heavy India victory for their qualification to this stage and their captain has admitted he's no fan of the format. Vettori though has been superb with the ball while Craig McMillan's in great touch with the bat. I just think Pakistan will have too many options and if things look like getting tough, an over or two of Afridi could put the result beyond NZ. 5pts ew S.Malik Top Pakistan Bat 11/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Shoaib Malik is Pakistan's top runscorer in this competition which on it's own makes his odds ludicrous but he is a very solid batsman who seems to have thrived with the captaincy. He was just starting to assert himself as a batsman before the captaincy but he's shown such maturity since it. He's an elegant strokemaker capable of playing all the shots and can clear the ropes too. He'll provide a foil for the likes of Younis Khan and Misbah-ul-Haq. With the top order not in convincing form, Malik should get a good bat and I'll take him to top score. 10pts India +3.5wickets/20.5runs 10/11 Sportingbet India have been excellent in this competition and seem to have got better and better with each match. Against South Africa when the pressure was really on, they came up trumps in style. Under lights, the likes of RP Singh can be unplayable and wickets look a gimme. I've been very impressed with Dhoni's captaincy be it with the gloves or without them. Sehwag and Yuvraj are in great form and they'll run Australia close if they don't beat them. Ricky Ponting and Shane Watson are out for the Aussies which won't help. Watson may have to be replaced by a batsman giving Australia a lack of a genuine 5th bowler. For Australia it'll be their top 2 they look to, without Ponting much will be on those 2. Stuart Clark is in great nick with the ball and the Aussies will rely heavily on him again. However in a semi final I think india will compete well and I think they'll stay within this handicap.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 World Cup So here we are. After 13 days of excellent cricket we've reached the final. India vs Pakistan.

India1.81.81.911.871.81.81.81.81.751.831.851.831.831.81.831.81.81.81.81.891.891.87
Pakistan1.91.91.912.071.91.91.922.051.831.91.831.832.051.831.921.91.92.092.12.04
It's a final that could just be watched without a bet but I'm a cricket punter so naturally I'm going to bet :lol. 3 for me. 10pts India to beat Pakistan 5/6 Stan James India vs Pakistan in a World final only 5 months after both blew up at the 50 over world cup final in the Caribbean. It's a great story and it will be a great final I'm sure. We've got lots of attacking batsmen, some very good bowlers and good spinners on show as well as the odd decent fielder and all this at the bullring which is full of runs. We had a preview of what to expect earlier in the competition when the two sides played out a tie which India won on a bowlout. It could just be that close again. Neither side are likely to make changes although Imran Nazir needs a fitness test before taking his place in the Pakistan side. India have been superb in this tournament though and credit to them. Dhoni has been superb as a captain and even without their best 3 players they've reached the final. Yuvraj Singh has been simply awesome in this competition and the Indians will hope he has just one last performance left in him. With the ball, RP Singh has been fantastic and Sreesanth's spell in the semi final was one of the best Twenty20 spells I've ever seen. Pakistan have been equally brilliant in this competition. It's been refreshing to see them playing the game with a smile on their face after the events of the Caribbean earlier in the year. For them, skipper Shoaib Malik has been in great form but their stars have been Afridi, Asif and Tanvir. Pakistan's top order haven't fired yet though and in order to win this game someone will have to score early doors. That could be the difference. Ghambir, Sehwag and Uthappa have been good in this tournament and have set up platforms for Yuvraj and Dhoni and if the platform is set up today India will be hard to stop. They seem to have all bases covered and in what I'm certain will be a great final, I'll take India to edge a close one. 10pts Over 1.5 Run Out's Evs Boylesports Boylesports are way out of line with this bet. Stan James have it 8/11 which is about right, Skybet though go 8/13 so immediately we've got value but we've also every chance of a winner. Most Twenty20 games involve run out's such is the risks taken to get every single run but these 2 have been involved in more than most. Traditionally both sides are awful runners. In their 1st meeting in this tournament there were 3 run out's and both their semi finals involved 2 run outs. It's a small ground in Joburg so pushing for 2's is tough and sides can be caught out. I'm pretty confident we'll get 2 run out's. 2pts R.Uthappa Man of the Match 14/1 Boylesports Robin Uthappa hasn't had the greatest tournament but on a gorgeous pitch to bat on I expect that to change here. With it being such a good pitch at Joburg, I'd expect the man of the match to be a batsman and obviously the market concentrates on Yuvraj and Afridi but Uthappa will be in at number 3 so he'll have more batting time than both of those. He's a big hitter too and I expect him to follow up his well made 34 from the semi final here. He's already hit a half century in the tournament, ironically against Pakistan and another here would have every chance of landing the MOM prize at tasty odds.