Georgia v Russia

Guest MattyNeth

Guest MattyNeth

this is a massive massive derby match. Georgia are desparate to win this one. They are clearly not as good as Russia, BUT at home in front of a really hostile full house they could take the Russians. Best price is 10/3 the home win. I'm going 1X.

Re: Georgia v Russia I think the 1X, available at about 1.91 at canbet (my primary footbal book), is decent value. Also read about Georgia bringing in some new blood, younger guys in good form, for a spark.....

Guest johnny

not the refs When I mentioned match fixing I didn't mean the ref's. Players are under an enormous amount of pressure to throw games (just look at Spartak's record over the last 6 months, and they are the MU of Russia). Several players are refusing to play because of this problem. I regularly attend matches in both Moscow and Samara and the noticable things is that attendances have dropped from 50-60 thousand to nearer 15 thousand. People are fed up of matches being fixed, and no longer attend. I want (and expect) Russia to win this game, but would not put my own money on it.

Guest MattyNeth

Re: Georgia v Russia add to the fact Russia's inconsistent showings against former Soviet Republics. Surely 1X is on here. Previous meetings Russia did not face a former Soviet state on the football pitch until 1998 when they met Georgia in a Tbilisi friendly which ended 1-1. While that is the only previous meeting between the two sides Russia's record against other former Soviet states is inconsistent. In their EURO 2000â„¢ qualifying campaign Russia were drawn alongside Armenia and Ukraine and while they beat the Armenians twice, the games against Ukraine have entered footballing folklore. Dramatic encounters The first encounter was won 3-2 by Ukraine in Kyiv and the sides met again in Moscow in the final day of qualifying - a Russian win would have eliminated reigning world champions France but anything less was not enough for Russian qualification hopes. The opening 75 minutes did not bring a goal, until Valeri Karpin struck to give Russia the lead. Big blunder With two minutes remaining one of the biggest blunders in Russian football history turned the game on its head. Andriy Shevchenko took a casual free-kick from the left sideline and Russia goalkeeper Alexander Filimonov dropped the ball into his own net. The 1-1 scoreline left Russia eliminated and embarrassed. Robust Russia A more recent upset occurred in March 2002 when Russia lost 2-1 to Estonia and new coach Valeri Gazzaev will be keen to avoid such embarrassments.

Therefore..... A draw is a good possibility, which is exactly why you should all consider putting down a lot on Ireland to win this group @ 11/8 at P.Power - Brilliant Value as Ireland will not lose another match and Russia will slip up on several occasions maybe in Estonia definitly in Dublin. I have ... 80 pts to give back 190.