October's Euro Qualifier's

Guest Billy the Fish

Guest Billy the Fish

Ok, just about sorted out my bet for October's European Qualifiers (all games played Wec October 16th) - any thoughts/comments would be cool..... Norway vs Bosnia H 1-0 2-0 3-0 Czech Republic vs Belarus 2-0 3-0 4-0 Hungary vs San Marino 2-0 3-0 4-0 Turkey vs Lichenstein 1-0 2-0 3-0 Bulgaria vs Andorra 2-0 3-0 4-0 Russia vs Albania 2-0 3-0 4-0 1215 4folds @ 1p each 1458 5folds @ 1p each 729 6folds @ 1p each Total bet of £34.02 Total winnings (estimated): 4 games = £150 5 games = £1750 6 games = £17500!!! The outlay is quite a lot (I'm going in with another person) but the winnings are considerable :) I also thought about backing the trebles but the outlay vs the return isn't really worth it. Also won again on this bet in the league this weekend (just picking 4 games though) - if Bolton hadn't scored I would have got 4 out of 4 for the second time in a row. But got a treble anyway and got back 6 times my stake.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Petty Cash Bandit

Re: October's Euro Qualifier's Hey Billy the fish, quite amazing really can u tell me, how you o about getting your perms and combs for the bet, i am intrigued by this. Is a there a formula to get these combs. Is it stats based. Cheers fella and good luck for the 16th oct

Guest Billy the Fish

October's games I think I'll go slightly higher on the Turkey game, maybe 3-0 4-0 5-0 but not much higher. But then again Turkey might end up getting a hatful!! :) As for the question about the stats, the basic formula to work out how many bets there are is by multiplying the number of scores you want (eg. 3 here) to the power of the fold (for example 4 folds) and then multiplying this figure fianlly with the amount of possible folds within those games. 3 (number of scores) x 3 x 3 x 3 (because it's a 4 fold) x 15 (because there are 15 4 folds in 6 games) = 1215 I hope that makes sense - if not check out some of Swampster or Dave Mardell's entries last month as they might explain things a bit better.

Guest Accaman

re Turkey scored 3 against Slovakia. It`s going to be between 5 - 8 against Lihtestain. Also, I never bet against or for Albania. Far too unpredictable bunch.

Guest Petty Cash Bandit

Re: October's games Cheers Billy. Makes more sense now, and i reckon turkey will win but, i reckon only by 2 or 3 to nil. Ümit misses out (from uefa.com)www.uefa.com/competitions/EURO2004/news/Kind=1/newsId=37152.html "Günes has left out Galatasaray SK striker Ümit Karan - despite having only recalled him for the opening EURO 2004™ qualifier against Slovakia, won 3-0 by Turkey. The other main exclusions are the still injured Hakan Sükür and Ilhan Mansiz, who played an important role in Turkey's run to the 2002 FIFA World Cup semi-finals". That Mansiz is a decent player makes things happen and although Hakan Sukur isnt playing he some how brings the team together, even though he does fcuk all when hes playing. Skopje not the best place to visit either Cheers fella