Inside Poker letters page!

morlspin

Tremendous VoJ! Ive just peed myself laughing edit: heres the article from their website 5 Star H.O.R.S.E. Classics H.O.R.S.E. Classics Round-Up After five players win seats at the WSOP. How the last two qualifiers got on...

By PokerPlayer August 2007
After Jonathan Woodfield's cash finish in the razz event at the World Series, hopes were high for our fourth H.O.R.S.E. Freeroll winner - Welshman Neville Waters, who was set to take part in the Omaha hi-lo. This was Waters’ second time at the WSOP and in the hours running up to the event he was feeling confident, and we were hoping for a second cash finish. Sadly, Omaha hi-lo is a game where if the cards don't fall your way there isn't much you can do about it, and so it proved for Waters. He eventually exited around four hours into play, but was still very upbeat about the experience. 'The tournament didn't really go to plan,’ said Waters. ‘I never had many hands early on and when I did get hands, I badly missed the flop. 'A key hand dropped me down to 450 chips when I had the nut flush draw and nut low draw on the flop but missed. 'I worked back up to 2,000 chips and got pot committed with A-A-2-4, one guy flopped quad Kings and that was the end of me. 'In retrospect I don't think I would do anything different. Hi-lo is a game of hitting your draws and I just missed on that day. But I sure am glad I went and really enjoyed the whole experience.' Sadly, our final freeroll winner, Brian Martin, didn't manage to take part in his event - the seven-card stud hi-lo. After a nightmare journey from the UK he ended up missing the event by only a matter of hours, and was inconsolable at missing the opportunity. Ironically, he had only left Las Vegas a few days earlier after having booked a trip to the WSOP before his freeroll win, where he had planned to play in a $1,500 no-limit event but had to miss out due to ill health. So to miss out on a seat at the second attempt was a double sickener and hopefully he will get his chance next year. But despite that somewhat sad ending it was still a superb series and everyone who played gave a great showing for the magazine. Thanks again to everyone who took part and a massive thanks to Full Tilt Poker for making it all possible.

Re: Inside Poker letters page! Here's the online version of the article he requested ;) http://www.insidepokermag.co.uk/poker/promos/2688/5_star_horse_classics.html

5 Star H.O.R.S.E. Classics H.O.R.S.E. Classics Round-Up After five players win seats at the WSOP. How the last two qualifiers got on...
By PokerPlayer August 2007
After Jonathan Woodfield's cash finish in the razz event at the World Series, hopes were high for our fourth H.O.R.S.E. Freeroll winner - Welshman Neville Waters, who was set to take part in the Omaha hi-lo. This was Waters’ second time at the WSOP and in the hours running up to the event he was feeling confident, and we were hoping for a second cash finish. Sadly, Omaha hi-lo is a game where if the cards don't fall your way there isn't much you can do about it, and so it proved for Waters. He eventually exited around four hours into play, but was still very upbeat about the experience. 'The tournament didn't really go to plan,’ said Waters. ‘I never had many hands early on and when I did get hands, I badly missed the flop. 'A key hand dropped me down to 450 chips when I had the nut flush draw and nut low draw on the flop but missed. 'I worked back up to 2,000 chips and got pot committed with A-A-2-4, one guy flopped quad Kings and that was the end of me. 'In retrospect I don't think I would do anything different. Hi-lo is a game of hitting your draws and I just missed on that day. But I sure am glad I went and really enjoyed the whole experience.' Sadly, our final freeroll winner, Brian Martin, didn't manage to take part in his event - the seven-card stud hi-lo. After a nightmare journey from the UK he ended up missing the event by only a matter of hours, and was inconsolable at missing the opportunity. Ironically, he had only left Las Vegas a few days earlier after having booked a trip to the WSOP before his freeroll win, where he had planned to play in a $1,500 no-limit event but had to miss out due to ill health. So to miss out on a seat at the second attempt was a double sickener and hopefully he will get his chance next year. But despite that somewhat sad ending it was still a superb series and everyone who played gave a great showing for the magazine. Thanks again to everyone who took part and a massive thanks to Full Tilt Poker for making it all possible.

Re: Inside Poker letters page! " ill health" :lol:lol:lol I love it!! Martyn is a very witty person you know, very Bill Bryson in his style, I love reading his posts they always have a hint of dry humour. He should write a book, preferably an autobiography. He had me in stitches in Vegas with his tales from home, especially his failed venture into the world of bookmaking :rollin:rollin:rollin

Re: Inside Poker letters page!

" ill health" :lol:lol:lol I love it!! Martyn is a very witty person you know, very Bill Bryson in his style, I love reading his posts they always have a hint of dry humour. He should write a book, preferably an autobiography. He had me in stitches in Vegas with his tales from home, especially his failed venture into the world of bookmaking :rollin:rollin:rollin
Yes - if you reckon you never see a bookie on a bike, then come round to my house and I'll show you my chopper;)