Portugal v Tunisia & Bosnia v Germany

Guest Mighty Shrimper

Re: Portugal v Tunisia & Bosnia v Germany I'd expect Germany to win BUT... Shrimper be v.careful though as I'm sure your aware these are friendlies, and second string teams are a potential bannana skin. Wales (granted there improving fast) beat Germany 1-0 in a friendly recently, while Portugal got tanked 4-1 by Finland (in Portugal too, I think!). Due to this, the two teams seem not to care hugely about friendlies - check starting teams before putting on any money, Bosnia are also a half decent side anyway and are decent value @ 6/1 at home IMO. I have a feeling Portugal did have a weakened side out in their last friendly. Good luck but wait for team news before backing and remember that Germany play on the Friday.

Guest Mighty Shrimper

Re: Portugal v Tunisia & Bosnia v Germany I'm abit touch and go because these are friendlies so I think i'll leave these two. Cheers.

Guest Da Hannanah

All I know is... That it's a friendly, where both sides will happilly settle for the draw - which is 4,00 with Ladbrokes, btw. Last I heard, Ballack and a couple of other key players will not play. Voller won't risk their petty injuries with a "real" game coming up midweek. 0-0 is 10,00 with Gamebookers, and this is value too, imo...

Re: Portugal Yes we don't take friendlies very seriously and in the Finland game we were indeed missing a few players. The way it works is that when we play a decent side, like Spain or England, we play well (we got 1-1 draws away to both sides) but when we play lesser nations in friendlies the motivation is sadly lacking... But having said that I fully expect us to beat Tunisia. Boa Morte should play some part while the big names should feature. One thing different to last season is that our 2 key players are back to form. Before the World Cup, and during it, Figo & Rui Costa were well below par. But this season they both look back to their best. Rui Costa only set up 4 goals in the Riazor - 3 for Inzaghi as Milan won 4-0 vs Deportivo...Figo looks his old self too after injury problems last season.

Guest Tonyvdb

Portugal Luso, can you give a good reason why Portugal should win this one ? What do the starplayers and coach say in the papers ? (1,35 available at Interwetten, I'm planning to bet a big stake single on this one)

... Really this is just going to be a chance for some more experimenting. Nuno Gomes is now injured and Romeu from Guimaraes has been called up at the last minute. He's a promising young forward who couldn't hack it at Porto but playing well for Guimaraes this season. For the players and coach is just a chance to get together again and a lot of the big name players are only expecting to play half the game to make way for new players. Persoanlly I wouldn't back us to win at those odds and I don't know too much about Tunisia but I hear they have some very good young players and they held France to a draw not long ago so I think there is little value in that 1.35 to be honest...