Omega European Masters Golf

This is a short par 71 where big hitting, class and course form usually prevail - surely the same for everywhere? A bit more for here as 6 of the last 11 winners were Ryder Cup players and this is the tournament where Ryder Cup player points start so the best will be looking to get off to a good start. However, as always, I'll be looking for some value. Miko Ilonen @ 34 - last year he finished 7th here, his best result of the season. This year he already has two wins including his last start. He is playing brilliant and cannot be ruled out right now. His putting is in top form and is quite a big hitter. I see him as much better value than some of the other guys who are sitting at shorter odds just because they are a name pick. Marc Warren @ 67 - this is another player coming off a win, and while he has been incredibly inconsistent this year, I am shocked he is not at shorter odds. Not only did he win last week playing very solid golf and holding his nerve in a playoff BUT he is also a relatively big hitter with a fantastic putting stroke. Will be on cloud 9, playing with confidence and coming back to a course where he finished 4th last year. Could we have a back to back winner? Marcel Siem @ 201 - has had a disappointing season after a promising start and a good year last year. However, is a big hitter with good putting skills and finished 2nd here last year, no reason why he shouldnt find some decent form on a course that suits him and brings back good memories. Mathias Gronberg @ 201 - the bookies are undecided about Gronberg, however, for me that shows value at these odds as some are going as low as 81. While he has not played on the European Tour this year he has shown glimpses on the PGA tour with 3 top 25 finishes including a T11 finish in the Zurich Open. Whilst this isnt exactly fantastic, he hits an average of over 300yds every drive which is great for this course and also has course form with a win here in 1995 as well as a T7, T12 and 5th in '97,'98 and '00. The odds are just that bit too juicy to give up. GL

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.