Goodwood - Tue 04/09/07

mowgli77

Re: Goodwood - Tue 04/09/07 Lovelace 3.45 Goodwood This horse looks like a very good handicapper but may prove slightly better than that. It has plenty of potential and keeps improving with each run, last time out winning and defying a penalty. Has won on good to soft, firm and good to firm so handles this good to firm ground and more interestingly is usually ridden up front. Has Spencer on board, master with the hold up horses but he has ridden this to victory twice from the front already for Mark Johnstone, a trainer in decent enough form. All last 3 wins over this 7f and seems more value at the expected 6-1 than the now frustrating Dunelight at about 9-4 which I favour over 1m. Spencer made the following comments after its last victory:

You don't ride many who come to the two furlong-pole in a competitive handicap swinging off the bridle, and, whereas if anybody else had trained him, I would have waited longer, knowing that it was one of Mark's I had no doubt that he would keep galloping. - Jamie Spencer, jockey

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.