** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

wed international picks

Guest johnny

I am focusing on 2 bets for midweek: 1. Czech, Turkey, Holland (X2), Germany, France, England. 2. Rep Ire, Turkey, Holland (X2), Germany, France, England First one pays 1.6, the second 2, so a split stake pays an average 1.8. Any opinions on these games, or any other of the midweek matches?

Re: wed international picks These are my early thoughts and not my final selections. Odds from Laddies, so not best odds available GREECE @ 1/3 at home to Armenia - Greece lost 2-0 to Ukraine, but were unlucky according to match reports I read (missed a flurry of first half chances). Ukraine scored in last minute to make it look comfortable. Surely too stromg for Armenia NORWAY @ 4/11 at home to Bosnia - Norway had impressive win away at Romania. Looks good odds to me against a side that lost 3-0 at HOME to Romania. SWEDEN @ 11/8 at home to Portugal - Sweden will surely be keen to make up for disappointing draws at home to Hungary and away at Latvia. Really is a must win game and I think good value for a home team. Please feel free to put me off any of these :)

Re: midweek Sweden - Portugal is a friendly match so is hardly a must win game for Sweden ;) Norway always seem to slip up at home to poor sides and Bosnia aren't that bad they held Germany to a friendly on Friday and have some good players like Salihamidzic. Greece should win but they seem to get good results in friendlies but not in the games that count. Armenia have held sides like Norway in the past so I dunno if 1/3 is any value... Switzerland are very hard to beat and certainly won't roll over in Dublin. The question is which Ireland will show up on Wednesday night. The one which made the 2nd Round of the World Cup or the one who got thrashed by Russia lasst month.

Guest MIKE ROBB1

Re: wed international picks The Swiss do look good value and Hills are offering them at 9/2.There performance on Saturday looked good enough to make a mockery of this price.

s the swiss also drew 1-1 in albania...you never said that, we havent lost a competitive match in 4 years or something like that, maybe longer. I fell we can win this match, with duffer on the left and robbie keane and morrison up front, o shea and cunningham in the centre of defence, im confident we`ll win but not betting. any irish lads here got a spare ticket?

Guest Da Hannanah

... Irelands home record is impecaple. So hardly is Switzerlands away ditto... I see this as one of the power picks midweek - the 1, that is :) As Luso said, Norway have an incredible tendency to slip up at home v. small and medium nations. In the quals for Euro 2000, for instance: Norway - Latvia 1 - 3 Norway - Albania 2 - 2 And in the recent WC Quals... Norway - Armenia 0 - 0 Norway - Ukraine 0 - 1 Norway - Poland 2 - 3 Norway - Belarus 1 - 1 Never, ever will I trust Norway at home at a small price!!! I'm still not too sure about Greece either. I had them down for draws in their first two games, but they failed me miserably. I am not sure they are good enough to dominate a team just yet. Holland, Germany (-1), England, France, Turkey (-1) = bankers