** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Georgia - Russia

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: Georgia - Russia Rule is as follows: If no more than a full half has been played the match is replayed within 72 hours, and all bets are settled on the replayed match.

Guest Da Hannanah

????????? Intertas - the Russian news-agency - claim the game will NOT be played in the foreseeable future, while UEFA's website says it's scheduled for tomorrow. Jesus... I checked UEFA's regulations, and when it is played - irrespective of when - it will be from minute 1. The goalless first half does not count. I had a 5-game acca under 2,5 goals, and this is the last one I need for it to come good, so I am slightly upset here... :rolleyes

Guest PoppyPower25

Re: ????????? Does anyone get flashbacks of the flood lights going out in the Premiership in the early 90's on this one. Very suss in my books - dont trust those Russians as far as i could throw them. Someone made a comment on here a while ago about an increase in match fixing in russia of the last few years - what will UEFA think of this??

Guest Da Hannanah

Well, Poppy... For what it's worth, they just built a new stadium there, and still the lights went out. I wouldn't be surprised if something fishy did take place, although with the score still at 0-0, what would be the point?

Guest PoppyPower25

Re: Well, Poppy... As one of the boys said above - at least one full half has to be played to be a void result. So in these instances, it was discovered before that there was betting on the result for the first 45 minutes - and sure witha few mins to go before half time whistle and ur result is'nt coming in, what do u do??? Yip pull the plug on the floodlights!!! Heard that it was a brand spankin new stadium aswell - might have to dig up Taggert and send him over on the case ;)