** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ripon 27/08/07

Carl

20070827Rip153505.pngCristal Clear 3.35 Ripon Showed an incredible turn of foot when reeling in Oasis Wind to win at York six days ago and deserves this step up in class. If he gets the fast pace then he can land this. 20070827Rip172001.pngGreyfriars Abbey 5.20 Ripon Mark Johnston does well here with a 15% SR and his pick of his 3 raiders here is Greyfriars Abbey. Won well by 3½L's LTO with the step up to 1m1f on GF and can run well stepping up to 1m2f.

Re: Ripon 27/08/07 I have taken Grey Friars Abbey also won 11-10f added it to ; Ragheed in the 4.10 2nd 5-2 lost by a head second last time out over the mile in a class2 h/cap, winning the time before over a mile 1, that time. Richard Hughes onboard for the first time too ! Ishetoo in the 3.00 withdrawn !!! M STAINTON on board again, has a good record under him, over 5f and 6f, on good ground. Should do it today too... Hopefully all 3 will do the business today, though I am tempted to have a nibble on your other selection too. Good luck :hope

Re: Ripon 27/08/07 Spanish Bounty 3.35 Ripon Can't believe they named a horse after me (Fat Boy) but I won't be backing it at odds on. Looks to be the one to beat but the short price is due to the result in the Group 2 it ran in which wasn't the strongest race. Instead i'm going to have an ew bet on Spanish Bounty. It was hampered on its debut but won 2nd time out, virtually making all over 6f on good ground. It was 2nd of 4 dropping back to 5f after that. Went back up to 6f and up to class 2 level and won well enough under a penalty at Newmarket on good to firm. Ran over 7f last time out and did ok until a furlong out when it faded, suggesting 6f is the trip it needs. It is entered in a listed race, a group 1 race and two group 2 races, with three of these over 6f. Looked progressive and will benefit from this drop to 6f, too overpriced for me at 12-1/14-1 and well worthy of ew support. This horse likes to bowl along and so does Fat Boy so they won't have it their own way today, I hope Eddie Ahern just drops in behind Fat Boy and powers past it in the last furlong.